Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,215 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Advice On Law And Other Legal Related Work - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Advice On Law And Other Legal Related Work (919 Views)

Court Strikes Off Ugwuonye Emeka’s Name From Legal Practitioners' Roll / Hijab & Law School: Muslim NSCIA To Protest, Threatens Legal Battles / Is This Legal Precedence In The Firdaus' Hijab And Nigerian Law School Incident? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice On Law And Other Legal Related Work by tourphland(m): 1:14pm On May 20, 2016
Straight to the point....... Am a law student currently now and am really confused on how law is really outside....... I am more perplexed on what to do after school because i think to practice law in this kind of country with no connection will deem to be a tasking work with little pay self i guess coz have seen different articles of where fresh graduates complains of the exploits of the older lawyers on works of upcoming people and with little pay they give to them
So I really need an advice on what exactly entails after studying law and also similar related law courses someone can deviate into or even jobs someone can deviate too apart from law( opportunities available to law graduate). Also i need an advice on acceptability of nigeria law abroad or how someone can fit into the system abroad in common wealth countries like SA and uk etc...... Please anyone with vast and broad ideas, help
Re: Advice On Law And Other Legal Related Work by ERONX(m): 2:13pm On May 20, 2016
I'm also a LAW student but I'm in Sudbury Canada the Law profession is very lucrative here in Canada... but immigrants are not allowed to practice only those born here can practice. You can apply for your Masters in the States, after that you can apply and sit for the American Bar Exams which would enable you practice in the States as a foreign lawyer mainly New York, California, New Hampshire, Alabama, and Virginia.
My older sister is a practing lawyer in the states. Wishing you the very best in your legal path

1 Like

Re: Advice On Law And Other Legal Related Work by tourphland(m): 4:10pm On May 20, 2016
ERONX:
I'm also a LAW student but I'm in Sudbury Canada the Law profession is very lucrative here in Canada... but immigrants are not allowed to practice only those born here can practice. You can apply for your Masters in the States, after that you can apply and sit for the American Bar Exams which would enable you practice in the States as a foreign lawyer mainly New York, California, New Hampshire, Alabama, and Virginia.
My older sister is a practing lawyer in the states. Wishing you the very best in your legal path
thanks much i plan to further for masters in Uk actually....... Just curious about what law outside there entails
Re: Advice On Law And Other Legal Related Work by ERONX(m): 4:31pm On May 20, 2016
tourphland:
thanks much i plan to further for masters in Uk actually....... Just curious about what law outside there entails
As a foreigner you can't practice law in the UK..My best bet is the United States
Practicing as a foreign lawyer in the states isn't easy you have to study hard so as to pass the Bar Exams Dont forget you are studying and learning new statutes under the United States Law. You also need lot of funding from your sponsors

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Job Opening At TB Network / I Need Someone To Write Me A Short Story For Me. I Will Pay For It. / Can I Go For Masters In Business Administration As A Chemistry Graduate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.