Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,855 members, 7,851,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 10:12 AM

Nature Farms' Diary *pics* - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Nature Farms' Diary *pics* (5037 Views)

Breed Well Feeds Nig. Ltd A Subsidiary Of Sayed Farms Nig. Ltd / Odourless Farms; Poultry, Fish Ponds, Livestock, Sewage, Etc / Songhai Farms: Largest Farm In West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by vickychuk(m): 4:37pm On May 29, 2016
Mercie123:

@vickychuk thanks for your answer but really I don't know how to calculate this in (ft). Can you just give me an idea of how many bags I could have on a plot.

Thanks
Most plot of land measures 50x100 ft so using my planting area as yard stick that should be 10 to 11 times of my space. So it should contain around 1700 to 1900sacks but making of central pathway for moving input and harvest and a little increasein the gaps between rows of sacks for convenience let's say1500 sacks per plot assuming there is no structure on site. #Cheers
Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by vanpeele: 6:32pm On May 29, 2016
zemaye:

pls open a thread and teach us step by step
people will really find it useful . my attraction is the no preservative that is cool!
when tomato is excess people can store and utilise. smiley
sorry it seems am derailing this thread.

*sighs* no wahala.
Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by Mercie123(f): 7:13pm On May 29, 2016
vickychuk:

Most plot of land measures 50x100 ft so using my planting area as yard stick that should be 10 to 11 times of my space. So it should contain around 1700 to 1900sacks but making of central pathway for moving input and harvest and a little increasein the gaps between rows of sacks for convenience let's say1500 sacks per plot assuming there is no structure on site. #Cheers

You really don't have the slightest idea how much God is gonna bless you for not holding back on this. I'm grateful Vicky. Yes, no structures on the land, just the high fence and well fitted gate.(I'm happy my mum forced me to do all that back in 2013)Now, I'm gonna start hunting for cement bags, it may cost me a little as anything 'sell-able' is sold here in Lagos...lol. We are waiting to celebrate your harvest bro.

2 Likes

Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by vanpeele: 8:59pm On May 29, 2016

1 Like

Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by vickychuk(m): 9:10pm On May 30, 2016
Mercie123:

You really don't have the slightest idea how much God is gonna bless you for not holding back on this. I'm grateful Vicky. Yes, no structures on the land, just the high fence and well fitted gate.(I'm happy my mum forced me to do all that back in 2013)Now, I'm gonna start hunting for cement bags, it may cost me a little as anything 'sell-able' is sold here in Lagos...lol. We are waiting to celebrate your harvest bro.
Glad I could be of help. Cement back over here are sold at #30 per dozen.With a good bargain and visits to 3 or 4 block industries the required amount would be ready in a week if u pay them upfront to keep the bags for you.
Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by Mercie123(f): 4:52pm On May 31, 2016
vickychuk:

Glad I could be of help. Cement back over here are sold at #30 per dozen.With a good bargain and visits to 3 or 4 block industries the required amount would be ready in a week if u pay them upfront to keep the bags for you.

Nice tip!!!
Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by vickychuk(m): 11:11am On Jun 04, 2016
I'll advise anyone growing cucumbers to buy a pesticide (organic or synthetic) even before you buy the seed. lol. I went to the farm and was wowed by how fast these pests can reproduce. It's barely 2 weeks since my last application and I found so many red pumpkin beetle and epilachna beetle on my plants.Thankfully I had an effective solution to them.After spraying I couldn't find any even this morning no sign of them. Also helped some of the plants to climb the trellis

Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by vickychuk(m): 11:21am On Jun 04, 2016
Cukes at 25 days... applied this earlier(last week) and seeing the benefits already.

Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by vanpeele: 11:27am On Jun 04, 2016
vickychuk:
Cukes at 25 days... applied this earlier(last week) and seeing the benefits already.

Beautiful....how many per sack? btw what's the farms location?
Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by vickychuk(m): 11:00pm On Jun 04, 2016
vanpeele:

Beautiful....how many per sack? btw what's the farms location?
Four per sack. Neni in anambra state
Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by vickychuk(m): 3:58pm On Jun 10, 2016
@Vanpeele @Ishaqteejay @Pavore9 @mercie123 Ladies and gents .... We have blooms. Wow so overjoyed to see them flowering on reaching the farm today. 32nd day after planting. #MaleFlowers. Expecting the females to follow suit in some days .

Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by vanpeele: 4:23pm On Jun 10, 2016
vickychuk:
@Vanpeele @Ishaqteejay @Pavore9 @mercie123 Ladies and gents .... We have blooms. Wow so overjoyed to see them flowering on reaching the farm today. 32nd day after planting. #MaleFlowers. Expecting the females to follow suit in some days .

You're almost there...just a couple of weeks more...no congrats yet till you've successfully harvested
Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by xplicity1(m): 7:36pm On Jun 10, 2016
vickychuk:
Four per sack. Neni in anambra state
I entered here through a post you tagged vampele. Vickychuk, you've got a brother from Ezineni.
Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by Mercie123(f): 9:33pm On Jun 10, 2016
vickychuk:

I've been offline for some days 'cos of certain things I need to keep in order before resuming at the farm. Coming back to see your progress gave me so much joy that the success of this venture is not only limited to the great people that has inspired us in this forum. More power to your elbow bro. To me, it's a success already!!!
Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by vickychuk(m): 1:22am On Jun 11, 2016
Mercie123:

I've been offline for some days 'cos of certain things I need to keep in order before resuming at the farm. Coming back to see your progress gave me so much joy that the success of this venture is not only limited to the great people that has inspired us in this forum. More power to your elbow bro. To me, it's a success already!!!
Thanks. Do keep us updated on the farm progress.
xplicity1:

I entered here through a post you tagged vampele.
Vickychuk, you've got a brother from Ezineni.
Nice to meet you bro.Are you also into Agriculture?
vanpeele:

You're almost there...just a couple of weeks more...no congrats yet till you've successfully harvested
Thanks for the encouragement and motivation to do more.
Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by Mercie123(f): 5:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
Vicky how is it going? I'm sure you're making progress.
Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by Dhoneys: 6:05pm On Jun 20, 2016
vickychuk:

Nice work there grin
Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by vickychuk(m): 6:43pm On Jun 20, 2016
Uhmm!!
Sorry I couldn't update the thread on the farm progress. It was as a result of some unexpected events beyond my control. I had to get to port Harcourt ASAP. I just arrived onitsha this evening after a brief visit to the farm and I was quite disappointed as there were no baby Cukes in sight and the leaves of some plants had turned yellow.It was just a seven day absence period and things are about to turn south. Hopefully I can save them ...... but to the positive side of things, the flowers are now so many and the thought of cucumber fruits in a while can keep me going. I couldn't take pictures cos of flat battery but expect them soon.
Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by ComrdDRS: 8:20pm On Jun 20, 2016
More Greece there.
Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by vickychuk(m): 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2016
I got good news guys.... The Cukes started fruiting 2 days ago.... sorry for not uploading pictures but expect them when I go to the farm next week for weeding and fertilizer application.
At this stage they require adequate amount of high phosphorus (P) fertilizer.

1 Like

Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by chicwoman(f): 5:52pm On Jun 24, 2016
vickychuk:
I got good news guys.... The Cukes started fruiting 2 days ago.... sorry for not uploading pictures but expect them when I go to the farm next week for weeding and fertilizer application.
I'm thankful for all of you that share the progress of your farms on this platform. I'm starting my cucumber sack farm pretty soon and I can't wait to upload mine too.
Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by knostbrown01(m): 11:14am On Jun 26, 2016
vickychuk:

av you now gotten phosphorus fert nd how r you curbing yellowing of the leaves?
Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by vickychuk(m): 11:39am On Jun 26, 2016
chicwoman:

I'm thankful for all of you that share the progress of your farms on this platform. I'm starting my cucumber sack farm pretty soon and I can't wait to upload mine too.
You are most welcome.
Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by vickychuk(m): 12:09pm On Jun 26, 2016
knostbrown01:

av you now gotten phosphorus fert nd how r you curbing yellowing of the leaves?
Not yet ...I'll be going to get it tomorrow. The yellowing of leaves-First I plan to weed the farm the apply the fertilizer and watch their progress. But I already pulled out some withered plants so as to reduce chance of spreading if it is a disease.

1 Like

Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by vickychuk(m): 3:24pm On Jun 28, 2016
Bitter-Sweet feelings for me today... a handful of succulent looking cooks but the yellowing of leaves intensified. Just hope to get something out of them sha. I met a lady to ask about the market and she gave me some delightful news. I'll be purchasing more veggies seeds by Monday and hopefully the murano seeds I've been longing for.

Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by vickychuk(m): 3:30pm On Jun 28, 2016
Fruits at different stages of growth.

2 Likes

Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by annamaria: 3:42pm On Jun 28, 2016
Impressive. Well done!
Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by vanpeele: 8:01pm On Jun 28, 2016
vickychuk:
Fruits at different stages of growth.

Well done. That's super marketer for you. Well, at least you didn't lose anything but gained valuable knowledge. Kudos.
Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by vickychuk(m): 9:36pm On Jun 28, 2016
vanpeele:

Well done. That's super marketer for you. Well, at least you didn't lose anything but gained valuable knowledge. Kudos.
Yes..... The experience was great.... I proved my doubting cousins wrong as they believed Cukes can only grow in the north.... with this in mind I can now buy the hybrid seeds which will be more resistant to certain diseases and correct my rate of manure application. I guess these were my short comings and I believe this can be a very profitable business. I'm buying cabbage, lettuce and bell peppers seeds to plant.... also considering tomatoes .Will keep the house posted.
Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by Pavore9: 11:04pm On Jun 28, 2016
vickychuk:

Yes..... The experience was great.... I proved my doubting cousins wrong as they believed Cukes can only grow in the north.... with this in mind I can now buy the hybrid seeds which will be more resistant to certain diseases and correct my rate of manure application. I guess these were my short comings and I believe this can be a very profitable business. I'm buying cabbage, lettuce and bell peppers seeds to plant.... also considering tomatoes .Will keep the house posted.

I am glad the myth that cucumber, cabbage, lettuce etc only do well in the North is now being dispelled! I recall years back l was arguing with some traders who sell the veggies at Eke Awka Market in Awka, Anambra State that most of the veggies they go up north to buy can be grow locally and they were mocking me! cheesy

Knowledge is power.
Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by Mercie123(f): 12:07am On Jun 29, 2016
vickychuk:

You guys are doing us proud really. Vicky I'm highly impressed. Now, I'm the only one left to showcase my own. Well done Vicky!
Re: Nature Farms' Diary *pics* by vickychuk(m): 1:24pm On Jun 29, 2016
Pavore9:

I am glad the myth that cucumber, cabbage, lettuce etc only do well in the North is now being dispelled! I recall years back l was arguing with some traders who sell the veggies at Eke Awka Market in Awka, Anambra State that most of the veggies they go up north to buy can be grow locally and they were mocking me! cheesy
Knowledge is power.
Knowledge is truly power. Mr pavore any practical tips on how to grow lettuce other than what we read on net?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Water Saving Irrigation Solutions For Millenial Farmers!!! / Buy Our Yoghurt Lactic Culture / Time For Pepper Cultivation Ahead Scarcity Early 2020.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.