Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Receiving Money Into Dollar Domicilary Accounts In Nigeria From Abroad - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Receiving Money Into Dollar Domicilary Accounts In Nigeria From Abroad (2472 Views)

Indimi Daughters In A Private Jet As They Fly Back To Nigeria From Saudi Arabia / Freelance Payment: How To Receive Money From Abroad In Nigeria / Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Receiving Money Into Dollar Domicilary Accounts In Nigeria From Abroad by Kenooff(m): 3:50am On May 21, 2016
Please how much commission is charged when money is sent to your domicilary account, my friend sent 155$ to me but what I received was 115$
Re: Receiving Money Into Dollar Domicilary Accounts In Nigeria From Abroad by agarawu23(m): 4:44am On May 21, 2016
Kenooff:
Please how much commission is charged when money is sent to your domicilary account, my friend sent 155$ to me but what I received was 115$
yeah! $40 is the service charge
Re: Receiving Money Into Dollar Domicilary Accounts In Nigeria From Abroad by spyder880(m): 6:03am On May 21, 2016
agarawu23:
yeah! $40 is the service charge

For every amount, irrespective of how big or small the money?
Re: Receiving Money Into Dollar Domicilary Accounts In Nigeria From Abroad by agarawu23(m): 6:58am On May 21, 2016
spyder880:

For every amount, irrespective of how big or small the money?
yes sir

1 Like

Re: Receiving Money Into Dollar Domicilary Accounts In Nigeria From Abroad by whirlwind7(m): 7:53am On May 21, 2016
I don't know how true that reply from somebody up there is, who said you get charged $40 irrespective of the amount involved.

I do make transactions on domiciliary accounts, and get charged 1% of the amount sent, if it is below $1000.
For amounts above $1,000, I get charged 0.5%. I don't think every bank charges same amount though.
Re: Receiving Money Into Dollar Domicilary Accounts In Nigeria From Abroad by Kenooff(m): 9:52am On May 21, 2016
Whirlwind7 which bank are you using? My bank is firstbank
Re: Receiving Money Into Dollar Domicilary Accounts In Nigeria From Abroad by whirlwind7(m): 1:19pm On May 21, 2016
Kenooff:
Whirlwind7 which bank are you using? My bank is firstbank

GTB
Re: Receiving Money Into Dollar Domicilary Accounts In Nigeria From Abroad by Kenooff(m): 5:55pm On May 21, 2016
The sender wants tossed another $84, that means I'm getting 44$ if I still use first bank because of their 40$ fixed charge
Re: Receiving Money Into Dollar Domicilary Accounts In Nigeria From Abroad by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 21, 2016
I don't really know why you were charge $40. When i receive money into my dollar account, am charge $20 only. Receiving bank is GT-BANK
Re: Receiving Money Into Dollar Domicilary Accounts In Nigeria From Abroad by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 21, 2016
whirlwind7:
I don't know how true that reply from somebody up there is, who said you get charged $40 irrespective of the amount involved.

I do make transactions on domiciliary accounts, and get charged 1% of the amount sent, if it is below $1000.
For amounts above $1,000, I get charged 0.5%. I don't think every bank charges same amount though.
That is not true sir. That is the lie you are told by customer care about sending monex but it's actually lie
Re: Receiving Money Into Dollar Domicilary Accounts In Nigeria From Abroad by sonnie10: 6:18pm On May 21, 2016
Union bank does not charge anything, they give you the exact amount.

1 Like

Re: Receiving Money Into Dollar Domicilary Accounts In Nigeria From Abroad by Frankicent(m): 6:45pm On May 21, 2016
whirlwind7:

which bank?
Re: Receiving Money Into Dollar Domicilary Accounts In Nigeria From Abroad by Nobody: 7:15pm On May 21, 2016
Hi,

There is no fixed charge!! The charge is 1%.

It appears you are charged $40 because the sender has selected you to bear the offshore charge. Offshore charge range from $25 - 50. So maybe in your case it's $35 or so + additional $5 by your bank.

Ask the sender to pay all fees you will get yor full money.
Re: Receiving Money Into Dollar Domicilary Accounts In Nigeria From Abroad by shocker007(m): 8:52pm On May 21, 2016
Kenooff:
Next time avoid wasting cash.

Tell your friend to open a Coinbase account.
You too should do same.

With coinbase he send you bitcoin worth of the dollar and you in turn exchange it for naira at bitpesa.co at about 300+ to $

Except you need money in your dorm for fun though.

My little advice for you.

3 Likes

Re: Receiving Money Into Dollar Domicilary Accounts In Nigeria From Abroad by Zico5(m): 9:41pm On May 21, 2016
Good
Re: Receiving Money Into Dollar Domicilary Accounts In Nigeria From Abroad by Kenooff(m): 5:25am On May 22, 2016
Shocker007 please how do I convert the bitcoin to naira
Re: Receiving Money Into Dollar Domicilary Accounts In Nigeria From Abroad by Kenooff(m): 5:28am On May 22, 2016
shocker007:

Next time avoid wasting cash.
Tell your friend to open a Coinbase account.
You too should do same.
With coinbase he send you bitcoin worth of the dollar and you in turn exchange it for naira at bitpesa.co at about 300+ to $
Except you need money in your dorm for fun though.
My little advice for you.
Please how do I convert the bitcoin to naira, does the bitcoin site work like PayPal?
Re: Receiving Money Into Dollar Domicilary Accounts In Nigeria From Abroad by shocker007(m): 6:54am On May 22, 2016
Kenooff:

Please how do I convert the bitcoin to naira, does the bitcoin site work like PayPal?

I believe I made mention of how you convert to naira in my post.
Try read again to understand.

For your second question, No it doesn't. But its still more or less of peer-peer and support direct debit for US accounts.
Re: Receiving Money Into Dollar Domicilary Accounts In Nigeria From Abroad by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 9:02am On May 22, 2016
I'm here to know the next (best)bank to open an account with in terms of dollar banking ( transfer charges/exchange rate).. Keep your contributions coming.

(1) (Reply)

How Get Quick Loan Online In Nigeria Without Collateral / I Need Business Ideas To Start In Ilorin / What Is The Fastest Way Of Making Money In School?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.