Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,763 members, 7,831,450 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

M.i-the Incredible Blunder - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / M.i-the Incredible Blunder (2154 Views)

VIDEO: M.I Abaga – 'Phase 2' Ft. Moti Cakes / Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist / Jessy Jags Is The Greatest And M.i The Hotest! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

M.i-the Incredible Blunder by jeff101: 1:01pm On Aug 19, 2009
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by eldee(m): 1:17pm On Aug 19, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009

THE INCREDIBLE BLUNDER
The rap game is similar to a chess game.in chess you have to keep your eyes open and time your moves.a simple mistake can cost you dearly & greediness can be disastrous.every piece on the board is important but you must be able to gauge their respective importance as the game proceeds,the little pawn you overlook might eventually became a queen,the sluggish knight might become your waterloo & the limited bishop might trap you.the reason why iam saying this is just to get a message across to MI.ever since mi dropped "somebody is about to die" i have not been able to shake the feeling that it is his career that is about to die.here is my letter to mi,

Dear mr incredible,
How are you doing and how is choc city,i hope you are enjoying your new found fame?the question is how long do you want it to last,because it clearly looks like you do not cherish your new status as naija's finest.don't let people decieve you.you are not the best(at least not yet).what you should be doing right now is trying to move out of your comfort zone and take your game to the next level.while the hip hop heads might be feeling you,the average Nigerian music lover is not.you don't have a certified hit yet(on a kini big deal level) and your album wasn't even a classic.
Dissing iceberg slim was the height of stupidity,more like putting the cart before the horse.if you were dissing eldee,ruggedman,modenine,2shotz or naeto c that would have been different,at least these are people who have fanbases that can be hijacked.iceberg slim has no fan,he is a nobody.you were supposed to ignore him.just because you are lyrically sound and talented and you are better than most of your peers(when rhyming in english) doesn't give you the liberty to go at anybody anyhow.this nigga is way beneath you.you had the rap album of the year,your career is on track and chocolate city is blowing up,why do you want to Bleep it up right now?iceberg has nothing to lose while you have everything to lose.what is wrong with you?
You might think you are better than everybody else but that is far from the truth.i have listened to your album and your mixtape and i know that you can be defeated in a battle(easily).for every great artiste in the world there is always a better one waiting in the shadows(terry da rapman What you should have done was let iceprince go at him(that's why you have weed carriers),you could have ghostwritten the reply and stayed behind the scene,that way you might even blow up iceprince.i have been in this game for so long that i can recognize a mistake when i see one.

-what if iceberg gets the backing of mode9,terry da rapman,illbliss,sauce kid,cyrus da virus & vector?even with kel on your side,you will get run over.(naija's version of ja rule vs 50 cent,eminem,dr dre,dmx,busta rhymes,obie trice,g-unit,d-12)

-what if iceberg gets signed to mo hits,kennis music or storm records?

-what if the media blows it out of proportion?

jude,my advice for you is to back off before it gets ugly,stop making a mountain out of a molehill cos when shit hits the fan,all these rappers claiming to be your friends will not come to your aid.a word is enough for the wise.
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by rapjunkie(m): 2:19pm On Aug 19, 2009
eldee:

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

THE INCREDIBLE BLUNDER
The rap game is similar to a chess game.in chess you have to keep your eyes open and time your moves.a simple mistake can cost you dearly & greediness can be disastrous.every piece on the board is important but you must be able to gauge their respective importance as the game proceeds,the little pawn you overlook might eventually became a queen,the sluggish knight might become your waterloo & the limited bishop might trap you.the reason why iam saying this is just to get a message across to MI.ever since mi dropped "somebody is about to die" i have not been able to shake the feeling that it is his career that is about to die.here is my letter to mi,

Dear mr incredible,
How are you doing and how is choc city,i hope you are enjoying your new found fame?the question is how long do you want it to last,because it clearly looks like you do not cherish your new status as naija's finest.don't let people decieve you.you are not the best(at least not yet).what you should be doing right now is trying to move out of your comfort zone and take your game to the next level.while the hip hop heads might be feeling you,the average Nigerian music lover is not.you don't have a certified hit yet(on a kini big deal level) and your album wasn't even a classic.
Dissing iceberg slim was the height of stupidity,more like putting the cart before the horse.if you were dissing eldee,ruggedman,modenine,2shotz or naeto c that would have been different,at least these are people who have fanbases that can be hijacked.iceberg slim has no fan,he is a nobody.you were supposed to ignore him.just because you are lyrically sound and talented and you are better than most of your peers(when rhyming in english) doesn't give you the liberty to go at anybody anyhow.this nigga is way beneath you.you had the rap album of the year,your career is on track and chocolate city is blowing up,why do you want to mess it up right now?iceberg has nothing to lose while you have everything to lose.what is wrong with you?
You might think you are better than everybody else but that is far from the truth.i have listened to your album and your mixtape and i know that you can be defeated in a battle(easily).for every great artiste in the world there is always a better one waiting in the shadows(terry da rapman What you should have done was let iceprince go at him(that's why you have weed carriers),you could have ghostwritten the reply and stayed behind the scene,that way you might even blow up iceprince.i have been in this game for so long that i can recognize a mistake when i see one.

-what if iceberg gets the backing of mode9,terry da rapman,illbliss,sauce kid,cyrus da virus & vector?even with kel on your side,you will get run over.(naija's version of ja rule vs 50 cent,eminem,dr dre,dmx,busta rhymes,obie trice,g-unit,d-12)

-what if iceberg gets signed to mo hits,kennis music or storm records?

-what if the media blows it out of proportion?

jude,my advice for you is to back off before it gets ugly,stop making a mountain out of a molehill cos when shit hits the fan,all these rappers claiming to be your friends will not come to your aid.a word is enough for the wise.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by eldee(m): 3:13pm On Aug 19, 2009
@topic
The only thing you get from dissing better battle rappers is cred, M.I has that already
Now does he need to reply?? Nah

But this was an easy target . . . M.I is just BULLYING this minor.
That's the same thing Ruggedman did with Eedris, Tupac even did it with Jigga and Nas.
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by javalove(m): 3:39pm On Aug 19, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin LWKMD!!!!!!!!
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by aieromon(m): 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2009
Who is this Iceberg Slim?
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by chamotex(m): 5:42pm On Aug 19, 2009
I see no problem with MI taking shots at Iceberg.
The problem is that he shouldn't do it more than once. Iceberg is way below MI's level.
Diss once and ignore after that, just to let Iceberg know he needs to fix up.

Doing it numerous times is meaningless in my opinion.
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by slimshay(m): 5:44pm On Aug 19, 2009
na wa oh, when people read dis one now, they'll start believing m.i. started this nonsense. a9jahiphop abi wetin una be, your gimmick is working oh, somebody just asked who iceberg slim is?, congrats!!!,  grin grin grin grin
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by ofokasibe: 8:02pm On Aug 19, 2009
Hmm eldee or the 9jahiphop guy , ur letter is the most sensible thing i have ever seen in nigeria and nairaland history.

but thibnk of it tghis way , what if iceberg throws shots and mi doesnt reply or keeps quiet like rugged did to modenine , the hiphop heads and the streets will say mi is scared of he has lost out cuzz he is scared of iceberg, in hiphop never allow anyone throw shots at u without replying ,, reason is the streets and the media will assume that you are scared. thats the mistake rugged made on the modenine issue , mi doesnt want to repeat that , in as much as a see the letter to mi as a sensible one, hiphop doesnt see it like that.
in hiphop , when battle knocks on ur door u must answer . regardless of whoever it is, ask jay and nas .ask u can see modenine is attacking ghetto p nowadays with subliminals, when mode kept quiet yal said mode was scare fo ghetto p, now that he threw subliminals at ghetto, the respect comes back automatically , my advice to mi -never chicken out of a battle , it will sink ur career and create a career for the attacker. be wise,
a true warrior answers all battle call outs .

now to the WHAT IF QUESTION

1. WHAT IF MI DIDNT REPLY . ICEBERG WILL THROW ANOTHER DISS MORE DIRECT AND SAY MI IS SCARED , THEN HE WILL LOSE IT ALL
2. WHAT IF MI REPLIES WITH ANOTHER VICTORY /HATE ME NOW EPIC BATTLE BEAT STYLE?? YALL WOULD RUN BAC TO MI , INIT??
3. WHAT IF ICEBERG HAS THE BACKING OF ALL YANKEE RAPPERS? AND DOES A COLLABO WITH JAY Z OR LIL WAYNE , AND LIL WAYNE THROWS SHOTS AT MI CALLING MI A MINI-ME OR LIL WAYNE LOOKALIKE , WILL MI REPLY LIL WAYNE
4. WHAT IF WHAT IF , OMO MEN THERE IS A WHOLE LOT MORE .

LAST WORDS, -I LOVE NAIJA HIPHOP, WHERE ARE MY REAL NAIRALAND HEADS AT,
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by mailmalc(m): 11:45pm On Aug 19, 2009
mshewww! rubbish piece.
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by ofokasibe: 7:19am On Aug 20, 2009
mailmalc:

mshewww! rubbish piece.

lol mailmalc what it do , have u been my nigga, he is just advicing mi ,, but unknown to him MI is not a weak or new mc , he is well seasoned for beef , i aint talking about sprinkling some spice and sauce on it.
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by DBR: 10:10am On Aug 20, 2009
Incredible blunder? Yea if u talkin bout the write up yes that is incredible blunder!!
Dudes r just vaccilations of emotions.
Who makes anyone the creative director of any artist?
We just always think we know beta wat's best for all artistes
If y'all so good at it y not get into the game.
M9 doesnt reply GhettoP all hell breaks loose that he's scared of GP.
Same dudes now will be like M.i shudnt respond to Iceberg call?
(that's assumin some1 wanna die is actually a response)
But aint it kinda similar?
Cos IMO M.i=M9 as Iceberg =GhettoP
, and M9 is even far bigger.
cos i see Iceberg as a more formidable foe to M.i
than a Ghetto P is or cld eva be to M9.

In essence lets allow these cats to do what they feel the need to do.
I said it wayyyy back on NL that M.i will soon have his own battle and foes.
now i feel like a John on the island of Patmos who saw the future.
It's on!
oNe
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by ofokasibe: 10:45am On Aug 20, 2009
DBR i remembe when u said it now it is coming to pass . you are a soothsayer. i think its natural for rappers to take shots at anyone who is the current heavyweight rap champion,. they did it to mode too when he was number one.
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by julian21(f): 11:07am On Aug 20, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
9jahiphop and his wahala.leave m.i alone ooooooooooooo,
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by A40(m): 11:54am On Aug 20, 2009
Who is this Iceberg Slim? The only Iceberg Slim i know of is Jigga so who is this impersonator? If this dude was to perform to an American rap audience how would he introduce himself?
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by rapjunkie(m): 12:16pm On Aug 20, 2009
A-40:

Who is this Iceberg Slim? The only Iceberg Slim i know of is Jigga so who is this impersonator? If this dude was to perform to an American rap audience how would he introduce himself?

good question cool
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by DBR: 12:53pm On Aug 20, 2009
A-40:

rapjunkie:

good question cool
Good question, but i guess some other dudes will also need to answer that.
How will Ruggedman introduce himself.
How will M.i introduce himself too
Cos the last time i checked there was an american Ruggedman (even another 9ja Rugged) and an american M.i too
And i'm sure there's more. So where does that leave us?
oNe
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by slimshay(m): 1:10pm On Aug 20, 2009
A-40:

Wait o, before you get carried away, even Jigga himself borrowed the name ni. Iceberg Slim was a popular love-vendor perhaps the most popular love-vendor sef!!.
anyways thats kinda irrelevant to the topic, when Bigtyme asked m.i. about the mode9/rugged beef what he had to say was in the line of hip-hop being a competitive sport. plus he quoted his line 'im not saying im the best i'm only asking who's better' explaining that even as a newcomer, yes o na so him call himself, he's already claiming bragging rights. So im guessing he's not averse to beef. Although he did try to play it down finishing his response with 'its all love tho' when the talk came around to 'some people calling names in yankee'.

but still the question remains unanswered, why release a track you recorded 2 months earlier just when you smelt beef in the air?
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by A40(m): 2:13pm On Aug 20, 2009
@DBR
They probably are not popular or in the mainstream so we have no proof as to who came up with their names first in Rugged and M.I's case
@slimshay
That one is understandable what doesn't make sense to me is making use of your fellow musician's stage name a popular one at that that's just wrong imagine a character in 24 bearing Michael Scofield or Wole Soyinka calling his book "Things fall Apart" or Ellen DeGeneres doing a show and calling it Oprah or Pepsi making a drink and calling it Coke.It just ain't right

Back to the topic sha and if the Mo gbono feli feli freestyle on the Illegal Music mixtape is anything to go by then i dont think Iceberg Slim has a fighting chance i may be wrong but thats unlikely
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by chamotex(m): 2:34pm On Aug 20, 2009
Iceberg Slim is nothing for MI to be worried about.

Like I said before, MI should diss him once and that's it
Conter-dissing wouldn't look good on MI's CV.

It's like Plies trying to battle Jigga . . . . . . . It don't make sense.
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by DBR: 3:10pm On Aug 20, 2009
A-40:

@DBR
They probably are not popular or in the mainstream so we have no proof as to who came up with their names first in Rugged and M.I's case
@slimshay
That one is understandable what doesn't make sense to me is making use of your fellow musician's stage name a popular one at that that's just wrong imagine a character in 24 bearing Michael Scofield or Wole Soyinka calling his book "Things fall Apart" or Ellen DeGeneres doing a show and calling it Oprah or Pepsi making a drink and calling it Coke.It just ain't right

Back to the topic sha and if the Mo gbono feli feli freestyle on the Illegal Music mixtape is anything to go by then i dont think Iceberg Slim has a fighting chance i may be wrong but thats unlikely
1st, whether undaground or not the point is that i knew theAmerican's dudes 1st b4 our 9ja's own.
So lets not make excuses for some(ruggedy, m.i) and say it doesnt work for another(iceberg).
They all "guilty" even if circumstances leadin to it are different.

2nd, i think y'all sleepin on Iceberg, f'course im more M.i fan than Iceberg
still i think Ice is witty and lyrically sound to pull off a good battle here.
Yea local popularity will work for M.i, he would eventually win it if they go all out
but it aint gon be a cinch like y'all makin it sound. They are almost a match.
oNe
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by chamotex(m): 3:14pm On Aug 20, 2009
DBR:

1st, whether undaground or not the point is that i knew theAmerican's dudes 1st b4 our 9ja's own.
So lets not make excuses for some(ruggedy, m.i) and say it doesnt work for another(iceberg).
They all "guilty" even if circumstances leadin to it are different.

2nd, i think y'all sleepin on Iceberg, f'course im more M.i fan than Iceberg
still i think Ice is witty and lyrically sound to pull off a good battle here.
Yea local popularity will work for M.i, he would eventually win it if they go all out
but it aint gon be a cinch like y'all makin it sound. They are almost a match.
oNe

I disagree
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by DBR: 4:09pm On Aug 20, 2009
@
Chamotex
Note that i said ALMOST.
I know M.i's vantage stand but
Cham, tell me the edge that M.I has over Berg.
Delivery?, lyrics?, wit? cadence? If u say multies i'l quickly agree
but quicker to say that when it's battle time it wont matter.
oNe
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by chamotex(m): 4:18pm On Aug 20, 2009
Ma bad I missed the almost part.

Are you saying Berg's got a better delivey than MI?

And again what sort of battling are we talking about here?
The freestyle friday kind of battle is different from flowing on a track to prove yourself lyrically.

BUt I kinda get your point tho
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by DBR: 4:36pm On Aug 20, 2009
Nahhh Chamo i aint sayin berg has better delivery.
aint sayin M.i does either. They have different delivery style
and they both do it well.
Friday Freestyle battle i'ma think Berg will merk M.i
But on wax i'l give it to M.i .Plus cos JJagz canlace some ill beats.
But lyrically they again ALMOST at par
I'll love to see this, really.
oNe
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by ofokasibe: 4:39pm On Aug 20, 2009
SPEAKING OF FREESTYLE FRIDAY BATTLE.
DOES ANY OF U HERE HAVE FREESTYLE BATTLE VIDEOS.
I HAVE QUITE A LOT , AND AM WONDERING IF ANYONE OUT HERE WANTS TO SHARE ?
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by chamotex(m): 4:44pm On Aug 20, 2009
DBR:

First of all. I don't even think the 'Somebody wanna die' track was directed at Berg.

DBR:

That's what I was saying in my previos post, but now this is the latter cos it's on wax.
A lot of good battle rappers havn't really proved themselves e.g. Jin. It' an entirely different ball game.

But at the end of the day, what's the whole point of hip-hop if they aint to battle. What are we gon talk about?
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by chippoc(m): 4:55pm On Aug 20, 2009
@dbr
what's the friday freestyle battle about? Is it naija rappers battling each other or aspiring rappers battling each other on stage?

on M.i and ice berg ish. i think m.i woulda ignored him. if that dude comes harder, it will affect m.i and redound to ice berg. M.i is no battle rapper to me. he even got lot weaknesses. e.g, he is impersonating wayne. plus others know.
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by ofokasibe: 4:56pm On Aug 20, 2009
what patua are u guys saying . thebatle is interesting . they are just playing . so yall shld chill out. grin
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by alisigwe(m): 8:19pm On Aug 25, 2009
damn,f this shit,i think the poster was alil bit biased wth the way he attacked mi,claiming his album wasn't even a classic,he ain't the best and shits like that,to me apart 4rm gino's pain plus work this is the best album i've heard in three years 4rm naija,and nobody is sure this track was directed to iceberg,it's just a way u want to get back at mi or shit,
i thinkm iceberg is tight but if he ever dissed mi,then its cool he gets back at him to restate his authority,and whats the shit abt peeps not feeling mi,come over to abj,he's ev en loved more by the ladies,described as the best shit ever to come ouuta abj,he's protecting his by sitting tight where he is,thu to me if iceberg is coppled and given iller beats the way that rips his style he could damage someone jst like that
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by chrisical(m): 6:33pm On Aug 26, 2009
I thought of this when i heared the track by m.i.He shouldnt have involved himself in a beef with a little-known nigga in Iceberg slim.Slim is way below his(m.i) level.

I agree with H.J's assertion that IBS just used the letters M.I basically to rhyme.
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by eldee(m): 2:47pm On Aug 27, 2009
DBR:

But lyrically they again ALMOST at par
I'll love to see this, really.
oNe

It's called 'Freestyle Friday' for a reason, now I know for one that M.I can't freestyle
M.I will defeat this guy without punchlines . . . listening to Somebody Wants To Die, I noticed that all he did was act like the competition was minute.

How many times did you see the pronoun 'you' being used?? 'They' and 'Y'all' was a way of telling all other rappers to unite against him.
Now that's not how to win Freestyle Friday, but that's how to son a rapper. That's some Jay-Z-Cam'ron shit right there.

I'm not saying M.I's the best . . . I'm just asking you lot to provide credible competition.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jay-z Did First Week In His First Week, But: / [download] Mayorkun – "Mama" (audio + Video) / Nathaniel Bassey – Jesus: The Resurrection & The Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.