Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,572 members, 7,847,398 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:51 PM

M.i-the Incredible Blunder - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / M.i-the Incredible Blunder (2160 Views)

VIDEO: M.I Abaga – 'Phase 2' Ft. Moti Cakes / Am I The Only Person Who Doesn't Like D'banj's Oliver Twist / Jessy Jags Is The Greatest And M.i The Hotest! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by Abagworo(m): 2:26pm On Aug 28, 2009
Iceberg slim is easily the best rapper in nigeria right now.i 1st heard him on eldees big boi remix.he can compete with american rappers.if u doubt,me just listen to big boy remix(eldee).
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by chamotex(m): 7:58pm On Aug 28, 2009
Abagworo:

Iceberg slim is easily the best rapper in nigeria right now.i 1st heard him on eldees big boi remix.he can compete with american rappers.if u doubt,me just listen to big boy remix(eldee).

I laugh in Twi, are you high on Bob Marley?
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by dexed(m): 9:25pm On Aug 28, 2009
What i feel about MI is this, he his good quite alright, I doubt his freestyling capabilities. Anyone watched JAJ's top 7 when MI was invited to freestyle on a beat, there were lots of pauses and repitions in his flow.
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by mailmalc(m): 11:28pm On Aug 28, 2009
MI is gud jor nd in terms of freestyle u should understand all he does is FREE style witout even putting anyfin on his head. He jst feels he can grab a mic at anytime and rhyme wat eva he likes. . .nw i ain't sayin this is bad bt he's stressin himself a bit too much. Every rapper should hav his own definite freestyle guideline so he don't fall off and the best way to do dat is by having more than enuff 'home bars' so wen eva u r stuck, u quickly spit one or 2 of the bars pendin wen u r able to come up wit something fresh. MI jst spit it out like dat  cheesy I'v seen the dude freestyle a couple of times nd it's rily okay. I know of a top rapper in Naija (lips sealed) who i think does freestyle a full song which without doubts he must have written inside his bedroom.

I don't really expect a freestyle to be dat smooth, i'm okay wit the ones i see or hear so far. IMO, saucekid nd other yankee based rappers sounds like good 'freestylers' because all the dumb sh!t they say is hidden behind their accent so they don't get to stop, they jst go on and on. I'm nt hatin though cos i love so many rappers just the way i relate with them. Most roc nd few dont!
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by alisigwe(m): 9:17am On Aug 29, 2009
right now mi's the shit motherfuckers,and to me the only rapper that will come at him now is ma b boy G.I heard he's coupling up some shit  xpected to drop early nxt year.
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by chippoc(m): 12:23pm On Aug 30, 2009
mailmalc:

MI is gud jor nd in terms of freestyle u should understand all he does is FREE style witout even putting anyfin on his head. He jst feels he can grab a mic at anytime and rhyme wat eva he likes. . .nw i ain't sayin this is bad bt he's stressin himself a bit too much. Every rapper should hav his own definite freestyle guideline so he don't fall off and the best way to do dat is by having more than enuff 'home bars' so wen eva u r stuck, u quickly spit one or 2 of the bars pendin wen u r able to come up wit something fresh. MI jst spit it out like dat cheesy I'v seen the dude freestyle a couple of times nd it's rily okay. I know of a top rapper in Naija (lips sealed) who i think does freestyle a full song which without doubts he must have written inside his bedroom.

I don't really expect a freestyle to be dat smooth, i'm okay wit the ones i see or hear so far. IMO, saucekid nd other yankee based rappers sounds like good 'freestylers' because all the dumb sh!t they say is hidden behind their accent so they don't get to stop, they jst go on and on. I'm nt hatin though cos i love so many rappers just the way i relate with them. Most roc nd few dont!

this exactly the truth. dudes always talk about good and bad freestyles. how do y'all think freestyle is that easy. are u a computer. for some one to spit 16 lines off top puting rhymes in'em. isn't that awesome. you will be expecting him to pause a lil so u can say he ain't good. if he pauses. that's when I realise he is freestyling for real. if a dude twist his tongues non stop. i won't believe it's a real freestyle.cos u gotto spit something reasonable, put rhyme words at the end of each lines. GOSH! this shit is difficult. so if a dude is taking it slower. I believe it's freestyle cos u gotto think within slipt seconds.thats why some real freestyles i've seen, they use slow beats.
I think I've seen what mailmac said in some foreign sites that teaches on how to frestyle.They will ask u to spit and use some pre-written lines when u are lost.so, majority of the freestyles are studded with pre-written lines. I've watched HURRICANE CRIS freestyle. that shit is pre-written jor. who they wan fool. the main thing is that, we don't even know if dudes write a line before they freestyle it. but we have to believe that they are freestyling since they said that's what they doing. cos u won't hear those lines from him again.besides, they will already know that they will freestyle before they go for any freestyle show.
Re: M.i-the Incredible Blunder by mailmalc(m): 10:30pm On Aug 30, 2009
@chippoc, EXACTLY! grin thanks for throwin in more light. Freestyle nr be beans ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jay-z Did First Week In His First Week, But: / Watch Oleku Video - Ice Prince Ft Brymo / Nigerian Classics Vinyl/records Wanted In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.