Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,125 members, 7,818,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

First Oil Change, Is SAE 10W-30 Available? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / First Oil Change, Is SAE 10W-30 Available? (2280 Views)

US Spec. 5 Qt. Mobil 1™ Extended Performance 5W-20/5W-30 Available In Abuja! / 5 PROBLEMS DUE TO LONGER ENGINE OIL CHANGE INTERVALS. (Photos) / Free Oil, Free Oil Filter,free Oil Change, Free Vehicle Scan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Oil Change, Is SAE 10W-30 Available? by abolore80(m): 11:49am On May 21, 2016
Hello house, just got a toyota previa. Am abou to give it, it's first service/oil change. I check the cap and it read SAE 10W-30. Can I get the oil grade here and which of the oil brands has it.

Note: Gazzuz, Sienna etal, please I need your expert advice. Thanks

1 Like

Re: First Oil Change, Is SAE 10W-30 Available? by peterjero(m): 1:40pm On May 21, 2016
As na old car 20 w50 can suffice. Use brand of total, Mobil or even the Toyota oil. 10 w30 is hard to find unlike other synthetic oils like 5w30, 5w40, 0w40 etc.
Re: First Oil Change, Is SAE 10W-30 Available? by Enyimbamercedes: 11:03pm On May 21, 2016
...the 10W or 5W doesn't really matter in our climes. So you can make do with a 5W-30 or 10W-30. Mobil stations now stock it so it should be easily available.
Re: First Oil Change, Is SAE 10W-30 Available? by gazzuz(m): 6:56am On May 23, 2016
peterjero:
As na old car 20 w50 can suffice. Use brand of total, Mobil or even the Toyota oil. 10 w30 is hard to find unlike other synthetic oils like 5w30, 5w40, 0w40 etc.

he didn't mention the year of production wink
Re: First Oil Change, Is SAE 10W-30 Available? by gazzuz(m): 6:57am On May 23, 2016
abolore80:
Hello house, just got a toyota previa. Am abou to give it, it's first service/oil change. I check the cap and it read SAE 10W-30. Can I get the oil grade here and which of the oil brands has it.

you can use the mobil 5W-30 it will suffice.
Re: First Oil Change, Is SAE 10W-30 Available? by abolore80(m): 8:55am On May 23, 2016
Thanks Gazzuz. Year of production is 94.
Re: First Oil Change, Is SAE 10W-30 Available? by gazzuz(m): 9:37pm On May 25, 2016
abolore80:
Thanks Gazzuz. Year of production is 94.

ignore my last comment, for a car. That old, please stick to heavier oils like 20w50. There is toyota 20w50
Re: First Oil Change, Is SAE 10W-30 Available? by abolore80(m): 4:41am On May 26, 2016
Ok GAZZUZ, do you mean I should ignore the 10w30 that's Writen on the engine cap. And that 20w50 will be a better option because of the age. It's a toyota previa 94, manual. Will change the oil ptobably this weekend as the change oil light is ON on the cluster. Thanks
Re: First Oil Change, Is SAE 10W-30 Available? by CastroLubeNg: 9:39am On May 26, 2016
Hello abolore80, for your new car manufactured in '94, I would suggest you get Castrol Magnatec 10W 40 in 5L. It gives your car instant protection from the moment you start driving it. As we know that about 75% of engine wear happens while your engine warms up. When engine stops, oil drains off critical engine parts and as a result engine can be affected negatively when restarted. Castrol Magnatec has ultra refined molecules which cling to the engine parts like a magnet providing extra layer of protection, dramatically reducing engine wear...giving the protection you can see, hear and feel.

It is not just Oil...it is Liquid Engineering.

Castrol improves daily in terms of research for better lubrication of automotive, excellent technology, good brand recognition, suits all kinds of car specifications and challenges, offers best value for your money, price friendly and always available. Kindly call us Eterna Plc, Sole Licensee of Castrol Lubricants in Nigeria on 08030509254 for more clarification and providing Castrol Engine Oil, wherever you are in Nigeria.

See attached Castrol Magnatec Semi synthetic and Fully Synthetic respectively

Re: First Oil Change, Is SAE 10W-30 Available? by CastroLubeNg: 3:28pm On May 26, 2016
abolore80:

Hello abolore80, for your new car manufactured in '94, I would suggest you get Castrol Magnatec 10W 40 in 5L or Magnatec 5W 30 in 1L. It gives your car instant protection from the moment you start driving it. As we know that about 75% of engine wear happens while your engine warms up. When engine stops, oil drains off critical engine parts and as a result engine can be affected negatively when restarted. Castrol Magnatec has ultra refined molecules which cling to the engine parts like a magnet providing extra layer of protection, dramatically reducing engine wear...giving the protection you can see, hear and feel.

It is not just Oil...it is Liquid Engineering.

Castrol improves daily in terms of research for better lubrication of automotive, excellent technology, good brand recognition, suits all kinds of car specifications and challenges, offers best value for your money, price friendly and always available. Kindly call us Eterna Plc, Sole Licensee of Castrol Lubricants in Nigeria on 08030509254 for more clarification and providing Castrol Engine Oil, wherever you are in Nigeria.

See attached Castrol Magnatec Semi synthetic and Fully Synthetic respectively

Re: First Oil Change, Is SAE 10W-30 Available? by peterjero(m): 6:19pm On May 26, 2016
gazzuz:

ignore my last comment, for a car. That old, please stick to heavier oils like 20w50. There is toyota 20w50
Meaning you go hail me or apologize na because previa production Don end long time ago.
Re: First Oil Change, Is SAE 10W-30 Available? by abolore80(m): 10:28pm On May 26, 2016
@GAZZUZ, an advert has been made here which is 10w40. Will be okay for the vehicle or 20w50 as you've recommended will be fine? Your advice is required. Thanks
Re: First Oil Change, Is SAE 10W-30 Available? by nakoks(m): 11:48am On May 28, 2016
I am shocked that gazzuz recommended 20w50 for a car just because of age.If that previa is tokunbo and the previous owner or owners have stuck to 10w30 and engine is still in pristine condition,20w50 will bring that engine to comatose maybe not immediately but surely.

I believe at start ups the thickness of 20w50 will wear that engine faster and eventually compression will drop and engine will be struggling.

Dear gazzuz on this one i believe ur counsel is not the best.My two cents poster stick to mobil 1 5w30 which is readily available at mobil stations
Re: First Oil Change, Is SAE 10W-30 Available? by abolore80(m): 10:06am On May 29, 2016
That's the reason, I brought the issue up. The previa is tokunbo and engine seems to be at its best. I mean clean and relatively unused. Are you saying, 5w30 is a better option? Am yet to change the oil that came with it though. Mind u, this vehicle has gone to Abuja twice and the change oil light is ON, on the cluster.

nakoks:
I am shocked that gazzuz recommended 20w50 for a car just because of age.If that previa is tokunbo and the previous owner or owners have stuck to 10w30 and engine is still in pristine condition,20w50 will bring that engine to comatose maybe not immediately but surely.

I believe at start ups the thickness of 20w50 will wear that engine faster and eventually compression will drop and engine will be struggling.

Dear gazzuz on this one i believe ur counsel is not the best.My two cents poster stick to mobil 1 5w30 which is readily available at mobil stations

(1) (Reply)

Man Poses With Customized Trailer With Benz Logo In Ibadan, Oyo State. Photos / Honda CRV Misbehavior When Starting The Engine / For All Types Of Japanese Tokunboh Engines And Spare Parts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.