Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,664 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO (84921 Views)

How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat / The Best Data Subscription Plan For Android Users / Latest Cheapest Call Tarrif Plan & Migration For MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by buoye1(m): 8:36pm On May 22, 2016
Jagabanthelion:
. Code for dis pls?
Dail *777#,respond with 1,1,7,2

You ve the deal done..... Cheers
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by buoye1(m): 8:37pm On May 22, 2016
fineyemi:
plssss how do I subscribe for dT offer
Dail *777# then respond with 1,1,7,2

Dazzal wink
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by buoye1(m): 8:38pm On May 22, 2016
danberg:

How does one subscribe for this service please?
Dail *777# then respond with 1,1,7,2

You have it done...
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by firstolalekan(m): 8:50pm On May 22, 2016
SC31:
thats a huge lie about etisalat,i never get to finish my mb and i download every week if not everyday sef,i stream youtube and i check IG regularly...if you had said that about airtel i would have agreed but etisalat thats a lie they dont zap mb
As if it's not the Etisalat I know.
I have used their data for 4 months. I know what I'm talking about
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by miketayo(m): 8:51pm On May 22, 2016
SC31:
haba sister pls fear God,when it comes ro zapping of data airtel is in the lead etisalat doesnt zap mb pls,yes their data plan is expensive but it doesnt zap and yes i use my mb for a lot of stuffs download weekly,browse,check IG etc and it still lasts...when it comes to data plan etisakat might not be the best but when it comes to their network they are in the lead

Etisalat zaps like crazy.. i think it started this month cos i have been using it for over a year, only Glo doesnt zap..though etisalat has the best data network
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by miketayo(m): 8:55pm On May 22, 2016
firstolalekan:

i thought i was the only one that noticed it. my 100mb vanished in 3 hours without downloading
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by girl4rmspace(f): 8:56pm On May 22, 2016
tempem:

This sucks? How many mb do Mtn offer for night plans? Waitin' anxiously.

lol, mtn has a night plan of 25naira for 500mb. Besides i cant stay 2hrs after 12 because i gotta sleep
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by miketayo(m): 8:59pm On May 22, 2016
McBeee:

That one na lie..

i cant say for MTN but for etisalat its very true
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by Mrval20(m): 9:00pm On May 22, 2016
SC31:
i for fear....nah it doesnt work on all androids
It does...There're advanced methods of tweaking non MTK devices.
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by firstolalekan(m): 9:05pm On May 22, 2016
miketayo:

i thought i was the only one that noticed it. my 100mb vanished in 3 hours without downloading
Tell sc31
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by DaCharis2016: 9:07pm On May 22, 2016
COMPAQ:
Thought airtel has a N3. 5k for 7Gb plan? That one isn't here!
It's 9GB sef...buh 4 special customers, including 3GB for 1500 naira.
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by BrainnewsNg(f): 9:12pm On May 22, 2016
adewasco2k:
With the recent data plan competition among the major network service providers in Nigeria, data plans are becoming very affordable as we have being waking up to new mouth watering data plans, reduction in data plan prices and increment in data plan data allocations, we are now faced with comparing the various data plans so we can subscribe to the best data plan available.

Our list of Best data plan comprises of data plans from MTN, Etisalat, Airtel and GLO which seems to be the most popular mobile internet service provider in Nigeria.

Ignore the Airtel N1500 plan

Source: Best Data Plan from MTN, Etisalat, Airtel and GLO

Let the competition continues

It is the only object that will keep this flowing

NCC is useless here
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by nuelyoyo(m): 9:13pm On May 22, 2016
McBeee:

Glo stupid network 7k/sec
very true, glo is the most useless network in nigeria currently, I can't make clear voice calls for as low as one minute, I will just moving around the house to get stable network.
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by SC31(f): 9:21pm On May 22, 2016
firstolalekan:

lol,ive used it for 5yrs and counting
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by SC31(f): 9:26pm On May 22, 2016
miketayo:

Etisalat zaps like crazy.. i think it started this month cos i have been using it for over a year, only Glo doesnt zap..though etisalat has the best data network
lol you say zaps like crazy like it has been happening since,im currently on the 3.5 gig plan and im still usung 100mb since 4days ago...btw its not like glo doesnt zap,its because you dont get to use your data when you subscribe due to their poor network
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by firstolalekan(m): 9:28pm On May 22, 2016
SC31:
lol,ive used it for 5yrs and counting
Good for you

Maybe you have a special sim

1 Like

Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by ETHIX(m): 9:34pm On May 22, 2016
Good
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by webincomeplus(m): 9:45pm On May 22, 2016
kfrosh:
My colleague @work made same complaint concerning Glo until I checked her data usage and noticed that what took out 50% of her data was instagram, still her data usage corresponded with her used data on her network.

Note - Instagram has increased their video limit to 1min instead of the normal 15s which simply means more data usage.
My point now is that you need to look into issues critically before jumping into conclusions.
That's why I clearly added "with the same usage rates and devices". All my life, I've never used Instagram, and my PC and phone aren't on automatic updates.

Before now (up until earlier this month when I switched to the new plan), logging in to Gmail on my PC and checking my email for 15 minutes gulps less than 10MB. Now, the same operation gulps over 25MB. This is a practical experiment that I've studied over and over.

I'm a die hard fan of MTN, and I've been using their data plans for years. So, this isn't out of hatred.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by manjerryz: 9:47pm On May 22, 2016
Incidentally, Airtel have raised their night plan to N1000 for just 3 hrs. I prefer mtn night plan cos N1000 gives me 2gb for 4 nights.
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by OMOBABAYEMI: 9:58pm On May 22, 2016
LongJohnS:

Far lower in fact I think the 1.5gb for #1000 is actually about 600mb by my usage and calculation.
its True. Infact i got an ICT Guru to check mtn data for me and he proved it! Mtn also code it such that it would appear to be 1GB but when you set your data counter, you'l discover its reading 400Mb while mtn is already notifying of 0Mb. Especially if you touch anysite using their operamini. Fraud every where.

1 Like

Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by iyke1989(m): 10:22pm On May 22, 2016
notoriousbabe:
hian na everything dem go do for you?
na that one be the main one sef
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by miketayo(m): 10:35pm On May 22, 2016
SC31:
lol you say zaps like crazy like it has been happening since,im currently on the 3.5 gig plan and im still usung 100mb since 4days ago...btw its not like glo doesnt zap,its because you dont get to use your data when you subscribe due to their poor network
reading all ur previous comments, seems everyone else disagrees with you . .. .or r u working for etisalat undecided shocked
i was fine with etisalat 2months ago, infact there r times I use just 500mb per month cos i dont download with my phone.. but since end of april till now, 1gb wont last more than 10 days.. something is definitely wrong, I thought i was the only one until I read other ppl's comments.

I have over 800mb in my glo after 3 weeks and I started with 1.5gb.
Even d data sense on my phone confirmed etisalat was cheating, I tried their 50mb , the data sense read 18.5mb and my 50mb disappeared within 3 hours of using just whatsapp nd msn sports
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by gotousa2013: 10:53pm On May 22, 2016
Thanks Op
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by Lagusta(m): 11:51pm On May 22, 2016
webincomeplus:
As much as I love MTN, I just noticed that there new data plans get exhausted faster than the previous ones.

I don't agree with u bro.....
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by COvo(m): 12:06am On May 23, 2016
Airtel #200 for 2hr unlimited Internet!!! That's all I need to download all the Simpson and others. I'm getting an airtel sim tomorrow
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by Santi222(m): 1:41am On May 23, 2016
OK...
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by DedeNkem: 4:14am On May 23, 2016
Nigerian mobile network providers are thieves who steal billions per from their dumb subscribers by offering crappy data with the slowest speed in the world.

Upon that, they still steal your data straight-up by doing abrakatabra - you wake up one morning to realize your 5GB have disappeared.

Corruption is massive in Nigeria. It's everywhere.
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by einsteino(m): 6:40am On May 23, 2016
kfrosh:
My colleague @work made same complaint concerning Glo until I checked her data usage and noticed that what took out 50% of her data was instagram, still her data usage corresponded with her used data on her network.

Note - Instagram has increased their video limit to 1min instead of the normal 15s which simply means more data usage.
My point now is that you need to look into issues critically before jumping into conclusions.

You are right about this. I use glo, formally i finish a gig in a matter of days without even doing much downloads. I checked my data counter and discovered the culprit was instagram, i simply used titanium backup to freeze the app, so it only runs when i need it. Since then i have been using 2gb for over 3weeks and even shared my data with a fwend, still no wahls.

I wish glos network was faster, i wouldnt go anywhere else. I so much love the ability to topup an extra 1gb data for just 500naira and the Gbam that gives 200% bonus on every recharge and allows you call any ntwrk with it. All the same i have chosen to remain with glo as a reward for always spare heading cheaper services without being forced to. MTN and etisalat were forced to review their data cost cos glo offered more for less. Same way mtn robbed us for years until glo initiated per second billing.

1 Like

Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by klevotino: 6:55am On May 23, 2016
Cool stuff
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by Nobody: 8:19am On May 23, 2016
SC31:
haba sister pls fear God,when it comes ro zapping of data airtel is in the lead etisalat doesnt zap mb pls,yes their data plan is expensive but it doesnt zap and yes i use my mb for a lot of stuffs download weekly,browse,check IG etc and it still lasts...when it comes to data plan etisakat might not be the best but when it comes to their network they are in the lead
if you are an Etisalat agent,then you should help me relate it to them, stopping others from airing their complains won't make things improve,they happen to be the Fastest and the only network in my new area that browses like I said earlier, I used glo and airtel alternately in my old place, so don't tell me what I know, and stop trying to shut people up,cos I can see you have been coming to their defence, I even had to go buy another new Etisalat sim,same thing, so Mr, you should be the one to fear God lest you defend the guilty which makes you culpable of the same offence, the only reason I am till with them is because glo has tuned to wiliwili network and airtel doesn't even browse here
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by pureHoney2: 9:43am On May 23, 2016
Airtel data plans are the cheapest but they zap like tomorrow no dey, I do their 1500 for 3gig and it last for just one week.glo is fait but slow. The rest, I have no idea
Re: Best Data Plan Comparison Between MTN Etisalat Airtel GLO by themanderon: 9:47am On May 23, 2016
Most of this telcos deceive their customers with these new fraudulent data plans, get a data counting software and you will be amazed at what you will find. Corporate fraud at its peak.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Who Pays More For A Whatsapp Call? The Caller Or The Receiver? / Oukitel (u20 & u16max), Leagoo m8 pro, and Doogee (Y6&max, x7pro, shoot1) / Innjoo Fire Plus And Halo official discussion thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.