Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,814 members, 7,813,682 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

How To Increase Your Blog Traffic In 2016 - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Increase Your Blog Traffic In 2016 (1189 Views)

What Nigerians Searched For On Google In 2016 / How To Boost Your Blog Traffic By 40% [WordPress Only][Thread Resurrected] / 6 Best Ways To Make Money From Your Blog In 2016 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Increase Your Blog Traffic In 2016 by 9aiboard: 5:14pm On May 21, 2016
Well if you have difficulties in driving a decent traffic to you site\blog. you worries will be over once you go through this article. Who to drive traffic to a site or blog is one of the most widely asked questions to me on Quora, ATB Forum, Facebook, etc.
Even though there are many guides out there on The Internet, still people either tend to be lazy to find out, or they might be anticipating that I might give them some tip that will magically increase their traffic overnight.

I want to tell you that there is no quick way to this, you have to try out different methods and know which one works quite right for you.

Here are three simple ways of driving traffic

Referral Traffic – Via Email Marketing, Social Media, YouTube, etc.
Search Traffic – Through search engines. Especially, when your blog ranks on the top of major search engines like Google, you tend to drive a good amount of traffic.
Direct Traffic – This is the idealistic scenario, and it would take a lot of time, and you need to build a very giant and unique brand to reach this stage. The way you visit sites like Google, Facebook, Wikipedia, etc.

How to Drive Traffic via Search Engine Optimization:

When coming to SEO, the major target would be Google. Other search engines do not have a major search volume and on the other hand, the other search engines have a different algorithm. Targeting two search engines at a time won’t be a good idea. So, for now, we will stick to Google.

Google, aim would be to show up best results on the top of the search results. In this process, they have developed an algorithm that can automatically filter good websites and show them on the top of the search results for the search query a user enters. The algorithm has about 200 different factors that contribute to the ranks of a website/blog. I won’t be listing out all of them but let you know some major factors that can help you in boosting your traffic.

Backlinks

Backlinks have always been the major factor for a very long time. They would still be an integral part of the algorithm for a very long time. Backlinks are a boon and also curse for Google. Backlinks can help in filtering the good results from the bad ones, but in this process spammers tend to abuse Google by building backlinks and outranking Google for many keywords.

Google says to focus on the quality of the content and backlinks will be generated organically. That means people will automatically link back to you if your blog has great content. But, in the initial days, no one will link back to you as you are relatively new, and another case would be you don’t have great content on your site, so other people are not at all interested in linking back to you.

My first preference will always be focusing on Quality content and try to generate backlinks organically. There are some strategies that can help you grow organically. This is not just an ethical practise but also makes sure your blog lasts long.

Tips for Organic Link Building – InfoGraphics, Making Videos, Content Marketing, Guest Blogging.

The other way is building links for yourself. Often, considered as a black hat practise and can lead you in serious trouble in long run.

Black Hat Link Building Methods – Buying links from Fiverr/SEO Clerks, Paid posting, Paid Guest Posting, Article submissions, Directory Submission, Site Wide Links, Blog Commenting.

See more: http://.com/2016/05/how-to-increase-your-blog-traffic-in.html
Re: How To Increase Your Blog Traffic In 2016 by buharisbae(f): 6:05pm On May 21, 2016
search engine pls explain?? just like Nl
Re: How To Increase Your Blog Traffic In 2016 by 9aiboard: 1:41am On May 22, 2016
buharisbae:
search engine pls explain?? just like Nl

Nl is not a search engine rather it is a forum.. search engines are Google, Bing, Ask, Aol, Yahoo etc and these are great medium to drive traffic to ones sites
Re: How To Increase Your Blog Traffic In 2016 by yungstarry: 11:32am On Jun 02, 2016
I write a comprehensive article on how to increase your blog traffic daily with little tricks and little doing! You dont need to spend heavily to gain desired traffic to your site..you can read full article here:--- http://www.starsgist.com/increase-daily-blog-traffic-little-tips-tricks/
Re: How To Increase Your Blog Traffic In 2016 by ProsperUSA: 10:28pm On Jan 25, 2017
Posting your blog topics on forums are one of the best way to increase your traffic.

Click on the weblink on my signature to navigate to a good forum for you to post your blog topics. Good posts with pictures will be featured on front page of the forum for more visibility.
Re: How To Increase Your Blog Traffic In 2016 by Ofoegbus(m): 2:13pm On May 15, 2017
Social Networks like Twitter is one of the best places you can build your blog Traffic. See how to grow your Traffic by 70% here
https://askingquiz.com/build-blog-traffic-twitter/
Re: How To Increase Your Blog Traffic In 2016 by Nobody: 1:55am On May 19, 2018
In my opinion, the best method to boost your blog traffic is to focus mainly on search engine optimization.

I have noticed that many traffic sources are chancy while a most social refferals tend to have high bounce rates.

Search traffic stick longer on your page due to their high search intent.

Here's a post you may want to check out on the topic: http://www.incomefizo.com/2018/03/how-to-increase-blog-traffic-for-free.html

(1) (Reply)

Naija Adsense For Sale. / Custom Scrollbar Styling / All Ye Webmasters Get In Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.