Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,639 members, 7,820,240 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

GTBANK And Their "Trap" - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBANK And Their "Trap" (6141 Views)

The War Between GTBank And Innoson Motors Explained By Adeyanju Deji / See What Huffington Post Says About Gtbank And Some Other Banks / How To Transfer Money From Gtbank To Gtbank And To Other Bank Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GTBANK And Their "Trap" by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 21, 2016
If you have ever been to Berger, you'd find a handful of marketers wooing pedestrians to open an account without the requirements of a "regulatory ID card

2years ago, I opened an with them with the help of a roadside marketer without a regulatory ID card. I've been transacting with the account never knowing that it's a limited account. I was about to withdraw from the account on the counter when I was told that I've violated the rules of the account - daily withdrawal and deposit limit of 20,000 and overall balance limit of 200,000. The penalty was that I won't be able to withdraw from the account anymore Unless i upgrade the account with a regulatory ID card

On two different occasions after the penalty was served I went pleading that I needed my OWN MONEY of which I was given after been made to pass through enough bureaucracy. Note, though I couldn't withdraw, the bank still accept funds into the account. I didn't mind cause I get monthly interest.

This week, I got a call from someone claiming to be from Gtbank Ojodu (Operations department). She said their job is on the line for authorizing withdrawals from my account after a penalty had been issued. She pleaded with me to help her retain her job by going to get a regulatory ID card and come for account upgrading. She gave the phone to her boss who converse with me for a long time practically begging that I should get the ID card.

oh mighty nairalanders, anyone with similar experience
Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by Adaowerri111: 5:23pm On May 21, 2016
Can you edit this post? Too many repetitions, what you just said is very possible, Go to the bank with Either a National ID, Drivers license or voters Card and upgrade your account, it takes less than 10minutes
Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by Nobody: 5:27pm On May 21, 2016
Adaowerri111:
Can you edit this post? Too many repetitions, what you just said is very possible

Thanks. just did.
Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by tonytony208(m): 5:41pm On May 21, 2016
And what is stopping you from getting regulatory ID (whatever that means) and upgrading your account?

1 Like

Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by HazzanTazzan(m): 6:07pm On May 21, 2016
tonytony208:
And what is stopping you from getting regulatory ID (whatever that means) and upgrading your account?

And what is a regulatory id card if I may ask?
Is it different from national id card?
Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by Infinitikoncept(m): 6:38pm On May 21, 2016
HazzanTazzan:

And what is a regulatory id card if I may ask?
Is it different from national id card?
I see you again. Lols
National ID card, voters card, Intl passport and u can use NEPA bill like pmb
Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by Frankicent(m): 6:50pm On May 21, 2016
gwine0047:
If you have ever been to Berger, you'd find a handful of marketers wooing pedestrians to open an account without the requirements of a "regulatory ID card

2years ago, I opened an with them with the help of a roadside marketer without a regulatory ID card. I've been transacting with the account never knowing that it's a limited account. I was about to withdraw from the account on the counter when I was told that I've violated the rules of the account - daily withdrawal and deposit limit of 20,000 and overall balance limit of 200,000. The penalty was that I won't be able to withdraw from the account anymore Unless i upgrade the account with a regulatory ID card

On two different occasions after the penalty was served I went pleading that I needed my OWN MONEY of which I was given after been made to pass through enough bureaucracy. Note, though I couldn't withdraw, the bank still accept funds into the account. I didn't mind cause I get monthly interest.

This week, I got a call from someone claiming to be from Gtbank Ojodu (Operations department). She said their job is on the line for authorizing withdrawals from my account after a penalty had been issued. She pleaded with me to help her retain her job by going to get a regulatory ID card and come for account upgrading. She gave the phone to her boss who converse with me for a long time practically begging that I should get the ID card.

oh mighty nairalanders, anyone with similar experience

I was ask to upgrade my account too... I wish I did register a full account.
Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 21, 2016
tonytony208:

Nothing. just didn't want to. Having my money there and not able to withdraw is a strategy to keep me from spending and I don't regret it.
Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by HazzanTazzan(m): 10:40pm On May 21, 2016
Infinitikoncept:

I see you again. Lols
National ID card, voters card, Intl passport and u can use NEPA bill like pmb

Lol... This bros sef

1 Like

Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 21, 2016
Adaowerri111:
Can you edit this post? Too many repetitions, what you just said is very possible, Go to the bank with Either a National ID, Drivers license or voters Card and upgrade your account, it takes less than 10minutes

Don't want to upgrade yet. Moreover, don't have a regulatory ID card. should have one soon anyway.
thanks again
Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by tonytony208(m): 9:57am On May 22, 2016
gwine0047:

Nothing. just didn't want to. Having my money there and not able to withdraw is a strategy to keep me from spending and I don't regret it.

So, bringing the issue here is pointless and senseless

2 Likes

Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 10:31am On May 22, 2016
Adaowerri111:
i know you are not a Cc agent o, but i have an issues upgrading my Zenith bank account cos i don't have an Id card yet, and they won't accept my NIMC temporary slip. Whats the way forward?..
Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by Adaowerri111: 11:29am On May 22, 2016
WHIZKIDEFE:
i know you are not a Cc agent o, but i have an issues upgrading my Zenith bank account cos i don't have an Id card yet, and they won't accept my NIMC temporary slip. Whats the way forward?..
Get someone with a current account with zenith bank
Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 12:12pm On May 22, 2016
Adaowerri111:
Get someone with a current account with zenith bank
ok, if i upgrade my account, would i stil be able to transfer n receive dollar(including mobile banking) from the upgraded account or Do i have to open a seperate account for that? Thanks for your concern.
Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by Adaowerri111: 12:53pm On May 22, 2016
WHIZKIDEFE:
ok, if i upgrade my account, would i stil be able to transfer n receive dollar(including mobile banking) from the upgraded account or Do i have to open a seperate account for that? Thanks for your concern.

You can do all that if you've been doing that before upgrade
Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by WHIZKIDEFE(m): 12:59pm On May 22, 2016
Adaowerri111:

You can do all that if you've been doing that before upgrade
Thanks, Adanigeria.. Lol. Have a nice day.
Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by Adaowerri111: 1:01pm On May 22, 2016
WHIZKIDEFE:
Thanks, Adanigeria.. Lol. Have a nice day.

You welcome sire lol
Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by Qualer: 2:53pm On May 22, 2016
Adaowerri111:

You welcome sire lol

Adaowerri leee! ihe ibu na obi na adim mma nke ukwuuuu!! grin grin
kedu otu anyi ga eme ya kwanu? cool
Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 22, 2016
tonytony208:

So, bringing the issue here is pointless and senseless

did you read it at all?
I said they called to beg me help them secure their job. To me, that's very bizarre and unorthodox.
Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by Adaowerri111: 4:06pm On May 22, 2016
Qualer:

Adaowerri leee! ihe ibu na obi na adim mma nke ukwuuuu!! grin grin
kedu otu anyi ga eme ya kwanu? cool

Chai, biko were wayo lol
Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by Adesege(m): 6:26pm On May 22, 2016
Op, you just made someone lost his/her job. Why name the branch here?

Also, you boasting about it is childish and immature.

If those officials didn't help you make that withdrawal, would you not have come on NL and call them names?

I hope this happen to you one day so you can know the gravity of your offence.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by Qualer: 8:26pm On May 22, 2016
Adaowerri111:

Chai, biko were wayo lol

Nne, gwam okwu for real men! grin
Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by Nobody: 11:57pm On May 25, 2016
Adesege:
Op, you just made someone lost his/her job. Why name the branch here?

Also, you boasting about it is childish and immature.

If those officials didn't help you make that withdrawal, would you not have come on NL and call them names?

I hope this happen to you one day so you can know the gravity of your offence.

Hey, I didn't bring this up to boast. By the way, I worked my ass out for those guys. Spent two whole working days trying to get my ID card from NIMC. After the efforts prove unsuccessful and me not receiving any calls from them anymore, I went to the bank to explain the prevailing issue only to find the do called people whose jobs seems to be on the line relaxed and telling me they were sorry for such an impromptu alert as it was due to a panic caused by a message from CBN.

I post this hear cause their claim at instance was suspicious. Thought I was an object of an intended scam. How's that for immaturity, lame brain?

1 Like

Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by Adesege(m): 8:45pm On May 27, 2016
gwine0047:

Hey, I didn't bring this up to boast. By the way, I worked my ass out for those guys. Spent two whole working days trying to get my ID card from NIMC. After the efforts prove unsuccessful and me not receiving any calls from them anymore, I went to the bank to explain the prevailing issue only to find the do called people whose jobs seems to be on the line relaxed and telling me they were sorry for such an impromptu alert as it was due to a panic caused by a message from CBN.

I post this hear cause their claim at instance was suspicious. Thought I was an object of an intended scam. How's that for immaturity, lame brain?

Alagba, you agreed to gtbank's terms and conditions before applying to create an account with them.

Those staffs have nothing to do with you. It is mandated you fulfil their requirements before you can access your account.

What you just did is, you've taught other bankers not to help customers like you in time of distress.

You weren't scammed but this is an outright blackmail, in my opinion.

Ignorance is not an excuse here

Modified.

Talk is cheap but that doesn't call for disrespect. You should watch how you talk to people next time.

2 Likes

Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by Nobody: 6:59am On May 28, 2016
Adesege:

Alagba, you agreed to gtbank's terms and conditions before applying to create an account with them.

Those staffs have nothing to do with you. It is mandated you fulfil their requirements before you can access your account.

What you just did is, you've taught other bankers not to help customers like you in time of distress.

You weren't scammed but this is an outright blackmail, in my opinion.

Ignorance is not an excuse here

Modified.

Talk is cheap but that doesn't call for disrespect. You should watch how you talk to people next time.

I rest my case
Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by finest0007(m): 10:25am On May 30, 2016
I have exactly this same issue. Last year there was about 60k in it, had to practically beg for my money,after many form signing and letter writing, i got my funds for school clearance after which the account was blocked again till date until i get an ID etc..

Getting ID in Nigeria isnt as easy as it should be and I've trapped some funds there which ill need by August.. Any one with help as to how to get my ID card in a month or less?
Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by osile2012: 11:02am On May 30, 2016
[size=18pt]Bross, get id card na. After that, follow the link on my signature. Click on rate brands, find gtbank and rate them ..[/size]

1 Share

Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by Adesege(m): 1:57pm On Jun 02, 2016
finest0007:
I have exactly this same issue. Last year there was about 60k in it, had to practically beg for my money,after many form signing and letter writing, i got my funds for school clearance after which the account was blocked again till date until i get an ID etc..

Getting ID in Nigeria isnt as easy as it should be and I've trapped some funds there which ill need by August.. Any one with help as to how to get my ID card in a month or less?

International passport is the easiest and fastest means of Identification you can get.

With NGN30,000 for 64 pages, your passport will be ready within three days.

32pages goes for about NGN27,000 but that may take weeks before you can get it.

The prices are as at April, 2016. It changes and may differ based on your location.

You can also use the cream-colored paper of your National I.D card. That is if your account is a savings account.

Regards

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: GTBANK And Their "Trap" by finest0007(m): 7:18am On Jun 03, 2016
Thank you very much Sir, I appreciate
Adesege:

International passport is the easiest and fastest means of Identification you can get.

With NGN30,000 for 64 pages, your passport will be ready within three days.

32pages goes for about NGN27,000 but that may take weeks before you can get it.

The prices are as at April, 2016. It changes and may differ based on your location.

You can also use the cream-colored paper of your National I.D card. That is if your account is a savings account.

Regards

(1) (Reply)

Should Prof. Uwemedimo Of Comandclem Be Given National Award? / Electric Motors And Other Fairly Used Industrial Goods For Sale ! / Punters Rehab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.