Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Why Are We Comfortable With Extortion By Custom - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are We Comfortable With Extortion By Custom (501 Views)

Share Your Experience As Regards Extortion By Airport Officials / Which Country Is The Best Comfortable And Hustle Place To Live In EU.. / US Tourists Allege N125,000 Extortion At Seme Border (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are We Comfortable With Extortion By Custom by Ademat7(m): 4:40pm On May 22, 2016
I just felt it's something we should have voice out but we all keep silent,maybe because Linda hv not write about it or we've not seen it as trending on twitter.
however this act has put a stain on our cloth as a nation,some school of thought will even ask u to shut up and their take was that how will the custom and immigration people survive if not for those runs they do
should we now destroy the collective image of 170million people because of few people?

#mythought
Re: Why Are We Comfortable With Extortion By Custom by djlaqua91(m): 5:15pm On May 22, 2016
Ademat7:
I just felt it's something we should have voice out but we all keep silent,maybe because Linda hv not write about it or we've not seen it as trending on twitter.
however this act has put a stain on our cloth as a nation,some school of thought will even ask u to shut up and their take was that how will the custom and immigration people survive if not for those runs they do
should we now destroy the collective image of 170million people because of few people?

Those people are beautiful crooks. They extort and extort without following due process. Am about to renew my passport and am absolutely dreading going to dash those folks my hard earned money
#mythought
Re: Why Are We Comfortable With Extortion By Custom by Ademat7(m): 9:35pm On May 24, 2016
seun,justwise,lalasticlala let this not die here,mbok HQ
Re: Why Are We Comfortable With Extortion By Custom by tollu: 11:07pm On May 24, 2016
Ademat7:
#mythought

What exactly are you talking about?
Re: Why Are We Comfortable With Extortion By Custom by Ademat7(m): 10:59am On May 25, 2016
tollu:

What exactly are you talking about?
I'm talking about the kickbacks immigration n custom officers collect from travellers at airport especially first time travellers
Re: Why Are We Comfortable With Extortion By Custom by elderken(m): 3:04pm On May 25, 2016
This guy's are eyesore to Nigeria. We mustn't allow this to continue. They must be a way to address this "cancer" amongst our immigration and customs at the airports.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How To Apply To Any Cheap University In Ghana. / 5 Smart Ways To Travel Around Lagos This Ember Period / Photos: Petrol Tanker Goes Up In Flames In Lagos Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.