Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

Share Your Experience As Regards Extortion By Airport Officials - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your Experience As Regards Extortion By Airport Officials (474 Views)

Extortion By Airport Officials During International Travel / Airport Officials Collecting Money In Place Of COVID-19 Test - Sahara Reporters / How Airport Officials Can Easily Plant Drugs On Your Luggage (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience As Regards Extortion By Airport Officials by feranmi111: 2:28am On May 22, 2018
Hello nairalanders, as regards the issue of airport officials extorting money from travellers mostly virgin passport holders It is actually visible to the blind and audible to the deaf and they even go as far as threatening and telling you missing your flight is inevitable; Kindly share your experience and what is the best way to evade them as bribing is possibly not the best way to evade them because parting away with hard earned cash is out of it
Does it require Bribing, pleading or creating a scene at the airport
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Extortion By Airport Officials by micfoley: 2:33am On May 22, 2018
Ha..........where can I even start? MMIA is their official headquarters. It also happens in Abuja but the officials are more subtle

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Extortion By Airport Officials by feranmi111: 2:55am On May 22, 2018
micfoley:
Ha..........where can I even start? MMIA is their official headquarters. It also happens in Abuja but the officials are more subtle
I've heard a lot about that MMIA
But for intending travellers do we have to bribe or is there a way we can evade them Cos I have a cuz who paid $200 before they freed him oooo
Re: Share Your Experience As Regards Extortion By Airport Officials by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:09am On May 22, 2018
feranmi111:
....... they even go as far as threatening and telling you missing your flight is inevitable;

I experienced a bit of that some weeks ago, but not to the extent of the bolded up there tho.

To me, they weren't asking forcefully, more like , Bro, anything for us kinda thingy!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Saudi Lady Shows Her Driving Permit After She Ends Up One Of The Initial 10 Ladi / OVERLAND Airways Asaba To Abuja / Woman Survives 10 Hours After Falling Off Cruise Ship...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.