Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,685 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? (5303 Views)

Is Health Niche A Profitable Blogging Niche In Nigeria...? / Vote! What Blogging Niche Easily Get Disabled By Adsense / Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by realGURU(m): 8:57pm On May 22, 2016
i wanted to venture in full time blogging, my chosen niche is biology, my plan is solve problem through answering academic question, i could remember how i use the internet for doing assignment while i was in school,
when i heard about blogging and blogging in field you have adequate knowledge, the above plan come into my mind,
pls fellow blogger in this forum is this a profitable niche?
your contribution is very important to me.
thank you in advance.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by fattbabakay(m): 9:02pm On May 22, 2016
realGURU:
i wanted to venture in full time blogging, my chosen niche is biology, my plan is solve problem through answering academic question, i could remember how i use the internet for doing assignment while i was in school,
when i heard about blogging and blogging in field you have adequate knowledge, the above plan come into my mind,
thank you in advance.
Uniqueness at its peak... very good...with consistency u will make profit

5 Likes

Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by realGURU(m): 9:05pm On May 22, 2016
fattbabakay:
Uniqueness at its peak... very good...with consistency u will make profit
than you
Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by VocalWalls: 9:14pm On May 22, 2016
realGURU:
than you

Before you start saying thank you, listen!

Nobody will click a link that talks about osmosis... So be ready to start working on SEO.

Secondly, you have to write posts on the questions people are searching for. Niche blogging is not like entertainment and general that you can spread links anyhow and get click backs... So know exactly what you're out for.
You Can See A Sample Of A Niche Bog Here, And Study The SEO Tactics

9 Likes

Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by realGURU(m): 9:32pm On May 22, 2016
VocalWalls:

Before you start saying thank you, listen!

Nobody will click a link that talks about osmosis... So be ready to start working on SEO.

Secondly, you have to write posts on the questions people are searching for. Niche blogging is not like entertainment and general that you can spread links anyhow and get click backs... So know exactly what you're out for.
I LIKE UR CONTRIBUTION
Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by opson2016(m): 9:45pm On May 22, 2016
Determine your audience, know their wants, give them reasons to come back to your blog, if they are satisfied they will keep coming back and even make your blog a reference point.

You may hear others say it's tasking to break into such niche, but I think every niche could be difficult if you don't really get how to break into it.

To me, your targets are students, undergraduates. If you're able to leverage on their wants you'll be a hero in that niche.
Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by realGURU(m): 9:49pm On May 22, 2016
opson2016:
Determine your audience, know their wants, give them reasons to come back to your blog, if they are satisfied they will keep coming back and even make your blog a reference point.

You may hear others say it's tasking to break into such niche, but I think every niche could be difficult if you don't really get how to break into it.

To me, your targets are students, undergraduates. If you're able to leverage on their wants you'll be a hero in that niche.
THANK YOU
Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by opson2016(m): 10:01pm On May 22, 2016
Please, don't be in haste to get booming traffic. Be aggressive about your blog campaign, but don't be desperate.

If you want real human traffic, then aggressive blog campaign, yet patience is the key.

Lemme share my experience here:

I just started a blog less than a month a go, but I'm now having at least 70 visitors per day. I don't see that as low because I'm yet to place any ads about the blog, and it's not a hot niche like politics or entertainment.

My point is: know your audience and promote your blog on other social media.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by VocalWalls: 10:46pm On May 22, 2016
realGURU:

I LIKE UR CONTRIBUTION

when you are ready, let me know. I will give you something to encourage your start up for seo
Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by lonelydora: 6:35am On May 23, 2016
Try and find out. Anything you hand findeth to do, do it well. A unique blog and I'm sure you will make it.
Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by Nobody: 6:39am On May 23, 2016
Its a good idea at least something from the usual.
Just as scanty as this FP topic is, you should expect same at some time of your blog.. Maybe the early stages
You need extra strength, patience and grace to make it profitable, but then, its doable ..
Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by Nobody: 6:43am On May 23, 2016
If you are doing it for fun, keep it up but if for profit, you have lost it. You don't need to waste your effort on what won't work in terms of profit. Even with that Biology you plan to begin with, it is a very broad subject. There are established websites about different topics on the internet which you may not likely go on top of them on search engine traffic. The choice is yours.
Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by Nobody: 7:00am On May 23, 2016
No, because everything about biology have been said. Check Google
Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by Nobody: 7:07am On May 23, 2016
realGURU:
thank you in advance.
yes! I for one would be very interested in that cheesy
Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by yomalex(m): 7:07am On May 23, 2016
Long and Hard but not impossible.
Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by swedge218: 7:15am On May 23, 2016
Like someone said, most things about Biology have been said. U will need a Unique Selling Point (USP). E.g. Answering direct questions for your readers. You could dedicate a section of ur blog to that and be ready to spend time doing a lot of research to make it work.

Of course, you may come up with other ideas that work for u.
Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by DavidTheGeek: 7:17am On May 23, 2016
Not advisable if you intend to make money off it. Not all blog niche are profitable and not all blog niche would get people's attention. You'd be suprised that 1month after launching you'd have about 100 views (97 views from you and 3 from your bestfriend). Not trying to discourage you. Only venture into this if you are not concerned about people reading your posts. (you want a personal "online diary".) else you'll be frustrated.

1 Like

Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by Barcanlsta: 7:24am On May 23, 2016
Will the blog help reduce the price of tomatoes in the market? If it will help reduce the price of tomatoes, go for it.
Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by mainfullll: 7:39am On May 23, 2016
realGURU:
thank you in advance.
your blog will neva make progress on that niche becos alot of piple have created biology blog full the internet for many years and they are all LOOSERS.... if you tink am lying just go to google and type biology....

MY ADVICE TO YOU IS TO START SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND NEW TO THE WORLD OR SOMETHING NOT TOO KNOWN BY PIPLE..... just take a look at my blog that get up to 6,000views per day @ [url]lindaikejisblog.ml[/url]
Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by keaderr: 7:43am On May 23, 2016
Starting a biology blog is still a broad niche as far as I am concerned; I will advice you to focus on a specific market e.g IGCSE students. If you provide value, students will recommend you to their colleagues. Once you have enough people following, you can create your own course based on IGCSE syllabus which can be sold to students. Just imagine the number of students writing IGCSE exams all over the world. You can make it work if you are dedicated. Provide value first before monetizing.
Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by bayinq25(m): 7:47am On May 23, 2016
realGURU:
thank you in advance.
Nigerians do not love learning,they all wanna be Davido and wizkid or their babymamas.
Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by Nobody: 7:53am On May 23, 2016
Therein lies the problem. No passion, just a desire for money.

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by mainfullll: 7:59am On May 23, 2016
oyb:
Therein lies the problem. No passion, just a desire for money.
only fools care about passion nowdays.... if you tink am lying, jus ask anybody... #noinsults

2 Likes

Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by Phaytte(f): 8:03am On May 23, 2016
not good.
no matter how much we try to deny it, people open blogs to get gists and entertainment, not to get educated
Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by Realphilo(m): 8:10am On May 23, 2016
I love this thread,
In my own opinion and experience on blogging, there is virtually nothing new on this earth, all you have to do is to be unique, be dynamic as well, you won't just be static on that biology niche. And for what it takes you have to do an extra work on promoting the blog (bbm, Facebook, Twitter, delicious,)

Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by Nobody: 8:17am On May 23, 2016
If only it was health related issues. I know people Google Search health problems before going to the hospital.

But biology as a subject. If you care about traffic then stay away.
Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by ITbomb(m): 8:18am On May 23, 2016
If this topic crosses this page then you have a 40% chance of success, 3 pages 80%

For that kind of niche, you have to build a good following first physically then they will be your first traffic and agents of spread.
Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by Nobody: 8:19am On May 23, 2016
mainfullll:

only fools care about passion nowdays.... if you tink am lying, jus ask anybody... #noinsults

Then good luck in your failed blog. Do you think Linda ikeji became a success overnight? Or seun? If they had entered into those ventures with a pure I just want to make money mindset, they would never have made it through the difficult times.

All you wannabes see the success and think it was without sweat and tears.
Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by mainfullll: 8:41am On May 23, 2016
oyb:

Then good luck in your failed blog. Do you think Linda ikeji became a success overnight? Or seun? If they had entered into those ventures with a pure I just want to make money mindset, they would never have made it through the difficult times.

do not compare lindaikeji blog and nairaland that was created about 12years ago to blogs that are being created nowdays....

i know that you did not understand my point about passion....

online passion only exist in those days when blogs and websites were very few... that was why lindaikeji and seun made such a big progress....

And if they have to cancell their websites and start all over again with a different name they will neva make progress.,

3 Likes

Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by mainfullll: 8:45am On May 23, 2016
oyb:

nowdays passion does not work anymore.... its now hardword and vision
Re: Is This A Profitable Blogging Niche? by Nobody: 8:49am On May 23, 2016
mainfullll:

nowdays passion does not work anymore.... its now hardword and vision

I'm not sure you understand what passion means.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cheap .com Domain Name For N4,000/yr - Save Money On Your Domains / Where Can I Download Interactive Tutorial For Acca. F1,f2,f3,f4,: / What Is The Name Of The Template Lindaikeji Is Using Help.¡¡¡

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.