Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,527 members, 7,826,980 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (581651 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by CLASSMAN: 7:24am On Feb 22, 2017
Saw this

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rookidmart: 9:20am On Feb 22, 2017
CLASSMAN:
Saw this
"....on our super fast network... grin
Explains things.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 22, 2017
cheesy Superfast abeg take the shameless self promotion easy
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:26pm On Feb 22, 2017
Each time I open this thread I do so hoping to read testimony that service has now stabilized and improved.

Unfortunately, even those who had it manageable are now complaining

FAKE NETWORK, FAKE 4G, SAD

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by artade: 12:41pm On Feb 23, 2017
Experience Horror! Experience Ntel...
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:34pm On Feb 23, 2017
AjanleKoko:

Which phones were those that you bought and didn't work? Did they work on, say, Smile?
Most phones that are sold in Nigeria are not able to work on 4G-only networks; they're configured for CS-Fallback, i.e. connect to 2G/3G for voice, and LTE for data. ntel and Smile don't have 2G or 3G obviously, so ...

Though there are a few tricks, but they are a bit of a pain. You can for example download and install the 4G Switcher if they are Android devices, or use the System mode codes to access the device firmware, but when you reboot device, you likely return to square one.

ASUS ZENFONE 2 LASER

XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 3 SE

infact the 2nd one has universal 4G bands support sef. ko still work.

even when you peg 4G only.

anyways, i no kuku bother with them again sef, not until i see 2 months straight of good testimonies that they have repented
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by zlent16(m): 2:04pm On Feb 23, 2017
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by stukint: 11:47am On Feb 24, 2017
Well I only experienced downtime for about an hour. Realized they were having issues with their DNS server so i changed my DNS to google's (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) on my devices and Voila. Service restored to the usual speed.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by xhamel89: 4:52pm On Feb 27, 2017
I am in Lagos and do all forms of modem unlocking, from Spectranet/Swift B310s-927, Airtel/InterC B310s-22, GLO B315-607 to E5573s-606 and E5573Cs-609 (black and White), E5776, E5372, E5578s-932, Airtel and MTN E5573s-320 and 5573cs-322, Smile E5180 Cube, Smile B593 router, all these series can use ntel network. we also sell both used and new modems at very low prices compared to what ISP offers. etc. My whatsapp 08038407776, Calls 08038407776, 08082260000, 08076744952. Our service is prompt and charges moderate. Unlocking of your modems takes just few minutes. You wait and take your modem back immediately. call us now. Thanks

Unlocked Huawei E5573s-606 is 15k.... chat or call us if you need one.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Chuk77: 5:56pm On Feb 27, 2017
I've been using ntel for 3months now and its definitely worth it. Though with all these things, it largely depends on your location. I've averaged about 160GB per month. Network speed varies a lot. Initially when I got the SIM card, I ran a speed test and got about 25MB/s these days its more like 5MB/s which isn't bad in my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by somehowpenis(m): 12:22am On Feb 28, 2017
Chuk77:
I've been using ntel for 3months now and its definitely worth it. Though with all these things, it largely depends on your location. I've averaged about 160GB per month. Network speed varies a lot. Initially when I got the SIM card, I ran a speed test and got about 25MB/s these days its more like 5MB/s which isn't bad in my opinion.
location?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by luckize: 1:48am On Feb 28, 2017
stukint:
Well I only experienced downtime for about an hour. Realized they were having issues with their DNS server so i changed my DNS to google's (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) on my devices and Voila. Service restored to the usual speed.
pls how can i change d dns on mifi. I cant even get upto a 100kb
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Chuk77: 1:22pm On Feb 28, 2017
somehowpenis:
location?

Port Harcourt
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by pheesayor(m): 2:07pm On Feb 28, 2017
I'm having problems connecting to google playstore and other google services when connected to ntel on my phone, it just won't connect, this doesn't happen when I switch back to mobile network. Anyone knows how I can solve this problem?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by oloet: 3:23pm On Feb 28, 2017
Chuk77:
the higher the subscriber , the slower the connection speed
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by alt3r3g0: 3:44pm On Feb 28, 2017
Chuk77:

Port Harcourt

What location within PH? Tried it around Naf base last week and it was just average.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Chuk77: 6:15pm On Feb 28, 2017
oloet:
the higher the subscriber , the slower the connection speed

I think they are actually having some network problems. Something about their DNS The fastest network I've tested is Inter-C. They clocked 35MB/s one hot afternoon like that. I was using them before I switched to Ntel. I made the switch largely because of the price differences.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Chuk77: 6:17pm On Feb 28, 2017
alt3r3g0:

What location within PH? Tried it around Naf base last week and it was just average.

They are only like 4 months old in PH. Coverage isn't so good in most places. What speeds were you getting?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by alt3r3g0: 7:49pm On Feb 28, 2017
Chuk77:

They are only like 4 months old in PH. Coverage isn't so good in most places. What speeds were you getting?

Less than 1MB/s, 2-3 bars.

What app or website are you using to test?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 10:07pm On Feb 28, 2017
Chuk77:

I think they are actually having some network problems. Something about their DNS The fastest network I've tested is Inter-C. They clocked 35MB/s one hot afternoon like that. I was using them before I switched to Ntel. I made the switch largely because of the price differences.
When ntel started out in April last year, it was very fast then. I use to get up to 80Mbps at the time. But it has since become something else.

Right now, MTN has the fastest LTE in Nigeria. Depending on your location and how good LTE reception is, you could get up to 100Mbps on mtn.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Chuk77: 1:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
dustmalik:

When ntel started out in April last year, it was very fast then. I use to get up to 80Mbps at the time. But it has since become something else.

Right now, MTN has the fastest LTE in Nigeria. Depending on your location and how good LTE reception is, you could get up to 100Mbps on mtn.

Haven't tried the MTN 4G plan and I don't see myself trying them any time soon. Last time I checked I was seeing ridiculous prices like 100MB-N500, 200MB-N1000. Also saw that their unlimited plan was N37000 for one month (I stand to be corrected) and knowing MTN I'm suspicious of the use of the term "unlimited".
This is just a joke to me.

Has anybody really gotten up to 100Mbps on MTN 4G? ARE YOU SURE? I'm pretty skeptical. At those speeds, running a speed test for just 10sec could eat up 1GB and going by the prices, 1GB on MTN 4G would be about N5000 LOL
Screenshots will clear all doubts though grin grin
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Chuk77: 1:19pm On Mar 01, 2017
alt3r3g0:

Less than 1MB/s, 2-3 bars.

What app or website are you using to test?

I used http://www.speedtest.net/

Here's the speed I'm getting with ntel 2-3 bars

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 1:25pm On Mar 01, 2017
Chuk77:

Haven't tried the MTN 4G plan and I don't see myself trying them any time soon. Last time I checked I was seeing ridiculous prices like 100MB-N500, 200MB-N1000. Also saw that their unlimited plan was N37000 for one month (I stand to be corrected) and knowing MTN I'm suspicious of the use of the term "unlimited".
This is just a joke to me.

Has anybody really gotten up to 100Mbps on MTN 4G? ARE YOU SURE? I'm pretty skeptical. At those speeds, running a speed test for just 10sec could eat up 1GB and going by the prices, 1GB on MTN 4G would be about N5000 LOL
Screenshots will clear all doubts though grin grin
Depending on the location, reception and device, it's very possible. Some have posted speeds of over 145Mpbs. Check out this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3576315/unbelievable-speed-test-mtn...4g#52863953
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Chuk77: 1:43pm On Mar 01, 2017
dustmalik:

Depending on the location, reception and device, it's very possible. Some have posted speeds of over 145Mpbs. Check out this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3576315/unbelievable-speed-test-mtn...4g#52863953

Wow amazing speeds. I still believe that the day MTN decides to regularize their 4G plan prices is the day these speeds will be long gone. As things stand now very few people are using it. All the same though, these are the fastest speeds I've seen in Nigeria cheesy cheesy
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 2:15pm On Mar 01, 2017
Chuk77:

Wow amazing speeds. I still believe that the day MTN decides to regularize their 4G plan prices is the day these speeds will be long gone. As things stand now very few people are using it. All the same though, these are the fastest speeds I've seen in Nigeria cheesy cheesy
Just subscribe for any of the MTN plans on any device that has not gotten the 100% device bonus, and you'll be given double of the normal data. For instance, if you subscribe for the 1k/1.5GB plan, you'll be given 3GB. That's what I've been using for months now. With 5k, you get 20gb.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Chuk77: 2:45pm On Mar 01, 2017
dustmalik:

Just subscribe for any of the MTN plans on any device that has not gotten the 100% device bonus, and you'll be given double of the normal data. For instance, if you subscribe for the 1k/1.5GB plan, you'll be given 3GB. That's what I've been using for months now. With 5k, you get 20gb.

Yeah I already get double data on my Infinix Hot S..the best plan to use is the 5H for 1gb on MTN Pulse, turns into 5H for 2Gb with the bonus..but the 4G plans are different to the normal plans. You cant use a normal plan on MTN 4G. Once you switch to 4G it stops browsing. I don't know why they made the 4G plans independent of the existing ones. They are much more expensive. Does anybody know if they've changed that?

In general though, I don't use MTN to browse much. I find it more economical to go for Ntel's 10K for unlimited data simply because of the ratio of price to the amount of data you're getting. Like I said before I've averaged 160GB monthly for a few months now that's roughly 1K=16GB. And I haven't even maxed out before or noticed any bandwidth reduction. I wonder when their fair usage policy kicks in Maybe at 200GB grin grin

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:43pm On Mar 01, 2017
lol

when dem launch for PH sef.

calm down na, give it a few months
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 4:00pm On Mar 01, 2017
Chuk77:

Yeah I already get double data on my Infinix Hot S..the best plan to use is the 5H for 1gb on MTN Pulse, turns into 5H for 2Gb with the bonus..but the 4G plans are different to the normal plans. You cant use a normal plan on MTN 4G. Once you switch to 4G it stops browsing. I don't know why they made the 4G plans independent of the existing ones. They are much more expensive. Does anybody know if they've changed that?

In general though, I don't use MTN to browse much. I find it more economical to go for Ntel's 10K for unlimited data simply because of the ratio of price to the amount of data you're getting. Like I said before I've averaged 160GB monthly for a few months now that's roughly 1K=16GB. And I haven't even maxed out before or noticed any bandwidth reduction. I wonder when their fair usage policy kicks in Maybe at 200GB grin grin
The emboldened is wrong. All MTN Data plans work across all network types(2G, 3G and 4G). Same plan work on all of them. I've been using MTN 4G since the inception. You are probably talking about MTN/Visaphone 4G plans, which are more expensive.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by amadika(m): 4:08pm On Mar 01, 2017
Chuk77:

Any MTN data plan you subscribe to works on 4G. I'm using MTN 1k 1.5gb plan on their 4g network
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by vanchi(m): 7:59pm On Mar 01, 2017
4llerbuntu:

ASUS ZENFONE 2 LASER

XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 3 SE

infact the 2nd one has universal 4G bands support sef. ko still work.

even when you peg 4G only.

anyways, i no kuku bother with them again sef, not until i see 2 months straight of good testimonies that they have repented

My Redmi note 3 now picks ntel perfect.

Just dial *#*#4636#*#* select LTE only on the sim of choice.. sim 1 for me. Then go.back.to main menu. Toggle airplane mode on and off and you are good to go

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.