Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,407 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (579184 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 1:50pm On Oct 19, 2017
toluxa1:

I dont have glo 4G network in my area (Idu Industrial Area, close to Lifecamp) that is why I opted for MTN.
I know very well that Glo 4G is available all over Karimo, so i'm pretty certain that it's also available in Idu. One thing about the 700mhz frequency is that it travels really far, hence the noticeable strong signal in most places.

If you were told that it isn't available in Idu, by Glo reps, just know that they don't know what they're talking about. To be sure, If you have a Huawei E5573s-606 or E5377bs-508, insert any sim, either Glo or any other network, then switch it to '4G Only' mode and search for available 4G networks.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toluxa1(m): 2:07pm On Oct 19, 2017
dustmalik:

I know very well that Glo 4G is available all over Karimo, so i'm pretty certain that it's also available in Idu. One thing about the 700mhz frequency is that it travels really far, hence the noticeable strong signal in most places.

If you were told that it isn't available in Idu, by Glo reps, just know that they don't know what they're talking about. To be sure, If you have a Huawei E5573s-606 or E5377bs-508, insert any sim, either Glo or any other network, then switch it to '4G Only' mode and search for available 4G networks.

They actually said there is 4G in my area but the bolded is what I did, but with the new MTN E5573cs-322. Seems it doesn't support band 28 that is why I didn't see Glo 4G? Can that be the case?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 2:28pm On Oct 19, 2017
toluxa1:

They actually said there is 4G in my area but the bolded is what I did, but with the new MTN E5573cs-322. Seems it doesn't support band 28 that is why I didn't see Glo 4G? Can that be the case?
Yes, it can't see Glo 4G.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toluxa1(m): 2:40pm On Oct 19, 2017
dustmalik:

Yes, it can't see Glo 4G.

No wonder! And unfortunately my S7 Edge too doesn't support band 28, would have ported my main line to GLO. I am expecting an S8 next weekend though, I think it supports B28. I have tried with Etisalat, I think it is time to say goodbye. Both data and call rates are the highest and i have been using like that for 3 years. I don try!
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by vanchi(m): 2:45pm On Oct 19, 2017
oyb:

dude, this was you six years ago when you were a linux knight templar torching windows threads upandan cheesy

Don't mind him. Na him make me install Linux back in 2011/2012
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 3:51pm On Oct 19, 2017
toluxa1:

No wonder! And unfortunately my S7 Edge too doesn't support band 28, would have ported my main line to GLO. I am expecting an S8 next weekend though, I think it supports B28. I have tried with Etisalat, I think it is time to say goodbye. Both data and call rates are the highest and i have been using like that for 3 years. I don try!
S7 Edge supports band 28 depending on the variant. I know the international variant does. Also, not all variant of S8 support band 28. Glo 4G is even faster than Etisalat 4G, and given that Glo data is the cheapest, I'll be sticking with Glo for the foreseeable future.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by toluxa1(m): 4:07pm On Oct 19, 2017
dustmalik:

S7 Edge supports band 28 depending on the variant. I know the international variant does. Also, not all variant of S8 support band 28. Glo 4G is even faster than Etisalat 4G, and given that Glo data is the cheapest, I'll be sticking with Glo for the foreseeable future.

Yeah, mine is the AT$T variant which doesn't. The S8 I'm expecting is the Sprint (unlocked) variant, do you know if it supports band 28?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 4:12pm On Oct 19, 2017
toluxa1:

Yeah, mine is the AT$T variant which doesn't. The S8 I'm expecting is the Sprint (unlocked) variant, do you know if it supports band 28?
According to gsmarena, it does.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by tivta(m): 4:35pm On Oct 19, 2017
4llerbuntu:
why are you people arguing over whose data is fastest?

do you have something to gain in converting other users to your ISP?

because i don't understand ........... abi una don get contract?

live and let live, your network is the fastest? enjoy.

Tivta and co, please, its not in our interest to invite more people to come and congest glo. be guided..... grin grin grin grin

Don't mind me, I just wanted to share the testimony. It will take a long time before glo gets congested sha. To your tent oh Internet users, I shall keep shut hence forth lol.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by tivta(m): 4:39pm On Oct 19, 2017
toluxa1:

Thank God someone has backed me up. Glo is truly the widest 4g provider in Nigeria. When you eventually connect I bet the speed will be killer. Shh, don't shout too much about it oh, lol.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 6:26pm On Oct 19, 2017
All these DNS thing, Can Someone explain in clear terms, How to set it on Router or Modemn for Ntel..
while I wait for Swift to deliver my Modemn lipsrsealed
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Chuksteric(m): 11:14pm On Oct 19, 2017
tivta:

Thank God someone has backed me up. Glo is truly the widest 4g provider in Nigeria. When you eventually connect I bet the speed will be killer. Shh, don't shout too much about it oh, lol.
bro glo is the bomb... Got 48gb for 5k with quickteller when their promo was on .. It may not be as fast as Mtn but I get an average of 3mb/sec while downloading and with the price,Mehn !

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Themaths(m): 12:09am On Oct 20, 2017
For the people arguing about the who is got the fastest 4G network speed. Here is a speed test I did in Awka, Anambra State. That place has the best 4G connection I have ever used since I port to Glo.

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by iliyande(m): 4:49am On Oct 20, 2017
Themaths:
For the people arguing about the who is got the fastest 4G network speed. Here is a speed test I did in Awka, Anambra State. That place has the best 4G connection I have ever used since I port to Glo.

When I tell them, they no go gree

Which phone are you using there bro?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 20, 2017
Any Ntel user here pls.

My sub finished two days ago and usually i send funds to the Ntel staff which i bought the sim from but he said I can't re sub because the sim wasn't properly registered. Anybody experiencing/ed the same
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by vanchi(m): 11:45am On Oct 20, 2017
toluxa1:

Same here. I saw band 29 ...
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by vanchi(m): 11:45am On Oct 20, 2017
dustmalik:

According to gsmarena, it does.

It doesn't. That's what I use
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 11:55am On Oct 20, 2017
vanchi:

It doesn't. That's what I use
I see. Gsmarena is wrong then

Modified: Even Samsung's official website confirms that it supports band 28, so maybe you are wrong

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by vanchi(m): 1:57pm On Oct 20, 2017
dustmalik:

I see. Gsmarena is wrong then

Modified: Even Samsung's official website confirms that it supports band 28, so maybe you are wrong

G935A specifically
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 2:02pm On Oct 20, 2017
vanchi:

G935A specifically
toluxa1 was asking me if the Sprint s8 he is expecting supports band 28, and I told him yes, according to Gsmarena. I wasn't referring to the S7 Edge.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by fowlyansh181(m): 2:42pm On Oct 20, 2017
Themaths:

this is my etisalat on 3G not 4g.

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by fowlyansh181(m): 2:43pm On Oct 20, 2017
Chuksteric:
bro glo is the bomb... Got 48gb for 5k with quickteller when their promo was on .. It may not be as fast as Mtn but I get an average of 3mb/sec while downloading and with the price,Mehn !
how can I purchase 48gb for 5k bro?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Chuksteric(m): 4:14pm On Oct 20, 2017
fowlyansh181:
how can I purchase 48gb for 5k bro?
quickteller was running a double data promo it ended on Wednesday... You can only get 24gb now
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by nani667: 6:07pm On Oct 20, 2017
Swift this evening ✔

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by vanchi(m): 8:28pm On Oct 20, 2017
nani667:
Swift this evening ✔
Which part of Lagos
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 9:04pm On Oct 20, 2017
nani667:
Swift this evening ✔

I can't wait to get mine cry
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by soloqy: 9:51pm On Oct 20, 2017
nani667:
Swift this evening ✔

Not all locations o. You will eat frustration daily if you are in the Lekki- Ajah axis and you dare to subscribe to Swift
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Zukoslim(m): 10:16pm On Oct 20, 2017
So no one wants to sell Swift sim.. .chaaiii

BTW.. Seems the thread to is now all about Glo, swift and Mtn.. .everyone has forgotten Ntel.. .
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Themaths(m): 8:44am On Oct 21, 2017
LG G6
iliyande:

When I tell them, they no go gree

Which phone are you using there bro?

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 9:03am On Oct 21, 2017
Zukoslim:
So no one wants to sell Swift sim.. .chaaiii

BTW.. Seems the thread to is now all about Glo, swift and Mtn.. .everyone has forgotten Ntel.. .
if you want a swift sim get to their offices or check OLX,Jiji for listings
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 21, 2017
Who knows swift customer care line I can call to make enquires
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by oloet: 11:36am On Oct 21, 2017
purplekayc:
if you want a swift sim get to their offices or check OLX,Jiji for listings
please dont buy on jiji or olx, you can't tell what the Sim was used for....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.