Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,921 members, 7,814,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (578305 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 1:53pm On Oct 15, 2017
Pls... My ntel can't download torrent. Pls someone help oo
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by pheesayor(m): 9:56am On Oct 16, 2017
Thanks to this thread, I used dns jumper and my ntel connection has remained stable, this is aproblem I've been facing for almost 6 months and ntel customer care seemed to know their dns was the issue.
Instead of the installing dsn jumper on every system, I simply set the dns to google's own on the router and on the repeater, it has been good ever since. The issue now again is speed, they claim FUP has been discontinued but I'm still seeing its symptoms on my line
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 12:25pm On Oct 16, 2017
pheesayor:
Thanks to this thread, I used dns jumper and my ntel connection has remained stable, this is aproblem I've been facing for almost 6 months and ntel customer care seemed to know their dns was the issue.
Instead of the installing dsn jumper on every system, I simply set the dns to google's own on the router and on the repeater, it has been good ever since. The issue now again is speed, they claim FUP has been discontinued but I'm still seeing its symptoms on my line
How was it unstable before changing the dns? I'm asking because instability has never been the problem for me, but speed, which differs from one location to another.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by miki2014: 12:50pm On Oct 16, 2017
ollah1:

It's the fastest , no contest. Where's your location and how are you coping with the charges?

I don't agree. That's the same speed I get from glo 4g at my location and it averages around 30 to 60mbps around the island.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 16, 2017
miki2014:

I don't agree. That's the same speed I get from glo 4g at my location and it averages around 30 to 60mbps around the island.

Mtn is the fastest and most stable. Glo is too location based.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by tivta(m): 6:47pm On Oct 16, 2017
ollah1:

I disagree. Glo 4g has better coverage than mtn or any other network in Nigeria besides it is death cheap.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 7:36pm On Oct 16, 2017
ollah1:

Glo 3G is very messed up, as is MTN 3G and others, but Glo 4G is very fast, cheap and reliable.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 8:21pm On Oct 16, 2017
MTN is the fastest data no contest.. cool
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by tivta(m): 9:11pm On Oct 16, 2017
Dam5reey:
MTN is the fastest data no contest.. cool

Don't say so till you have tried glo 4g.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 10:09pm On Oct 16, 2017
tivta:

Don't say so till you have tried glo 4g.

I have tried all... kiss

Do you know MTN has more 4G users than Glo, yet MTN still fastest compared to Glo 4G with few users...
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 16, 2017
tivta:

I disagree. Glo 4g has better coverage than mtn or any other network in Nigeria besides it is death cheap.

Have you streamed worth it?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by iliyande(m): 10:35pm On Oct 16, 2017
Dam5reey:

I have tried all... kiss

Do you know MTN has more 4G users than Glo, yet MTN still fastest compared to Glo 4G with few users...
Not because of the 4G fastness bro, it is simply because of the availability of compatible devices in our market.

If glo should've gone the same way with available 4g band, surely it would've ousted mtn 4g popularity in Nigeria.

But notwithstanding, their choice of band is correct

3 Likes

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 10:41pm On Oct 16, 2017
iliyande:

Not because of the 4G fastness bro, it is simply because of the availability of compatible devices in our market.

If glo should've gone the same way with available 4g band, surely it would've ousted mtn 4g popularity in Nigeria.

But notwithstanding, their choice of band is correct

You are still supporting the motion, MTN is fastest..
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by iliyande(m): 10:48pm On Oct 16, 2017
Dam5reey:

You are still supporting the motion, MTN is fastest..

No, i did not cool

I am simply saying that even you, you would've poted to glo if you have access to glo 4G device
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 10:53pm On Oct 16, 2017
iliyande:

No, i did not cool

I am simply saying that even you, you would've poted to glo if you have access to glo 4G device

May I ask why?

I have tested all network, if it's not MTN data then count me out.. grin
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by iliyande(m): 11:03pm On Oct 16, 2017
Dam5reey:

May I ask why?

To your question:
The advantages are many:
1) Reception
2) national coverage. Glo 4G covers more States than combined mtn/9mobile grin
3) affordable: their data plan is considerably cheaper than others
4) Internet speed is very ok
MTN surpasses glo in 3g but not 4g for sure.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 17, 2017
Whoever post that Dns stuff.. Thanks very much... Iwas about to complain here and to Ntel staff about unstability of their network but I said let me try the dns stuff.... Like play like play... What I thought was a kind of FUP is gone.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by tivta(m): 8:07am On Oct 17, 2017
ollah1:

Have you streamed worth it?
Yup. Fluid.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by tivta(m): 8:09am On Oct 17, 2017
Dam5reey:

I have tried all... kiss

How can mtn have more 4g customers when it is only available in Lagos Abuja and portharcourt? Meanwhile glo 4g is available in almost all state capitals. Nigeria is bigger than Lagos Abuja and portharcourt.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by tivta(m): 8:14am On Oct 17, 2017
Dam5reey:

May I ask why?

Seems like you are an mtn staff. Choosing an expensive network over a cheaper network with wider coverage? Something is wrong somewhere.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 17, 2017
tivta:

Yup. Fluid.

What did you stream with it and the resolution?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 8:48am On Oct 17, 2017
iliyande:

To your question:
The advantages are many:
1) Reception

All you points does not make Glo 4G faster... kiss
Coverage does not equal usage... kiss
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 8:49am On Oct 17, 2017
tivta:

Seems like you are an mtn staff. Choosing an expensive network over a cheaper network with wider coverage? Something is wrong somewhere.

Glo staff,
Point out of context, cheaper does not make Glo 4G faster...
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by tivta(m): 9:00am On Oct 17, 2017
Dam5reey:

Glo staff,
Point out of context, cheaper does not make Glo 4G faster...

Well enjoy your expensive mtn, I am enjoying my fast glo 4g. At least I get 10gb for just 2.5k lol
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 9:06am On Oct 17, 2017
tivta:

Well enjoy your expensive mtn, I am enjoying my fast glo 4g. At least I get 10gb for just 2.5k lol

You were biased cos Glo is cheaper... cheesy
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by tivta(m): 9:42am On Oct 17, 2017
Dam5reey:

You were biased cos Glo is cheaper... cheesy
And fast. Seems what you have experienced is glo 3g. Anyway, enjoy.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dacronym(m): 10:20pm On Oct 17, 2017
No matter how bad ntel's speed is it is always okay or fast on YouTube app and playstore
Anybody else experience this?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by vanchi(m): 11:35am On Oct 18, 2017
iliyande:

To your question:
The advantages are many:
1) Reception

Bro calm down. MTN beats glo totally.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by vanchi(m): 11:37am On Oct 18, 2017
tivta:

5k 20gb with my double data... I'll stick with my MTN average of 30mbps. Peaks at almost 50. I never see pass 14 for glo
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by SacBag(m): 1:50pm On Oct 18, 2017
pheesayor:
ok let me ask, it is company property and I can't dispose without approval.

bro, company Dan approve?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by wintersnow(m): 2:34pm On Oct 18, 2017
Can someone explain this DNS stuff to me..
And how can I use it on Ntel
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by JandyJ(m): 3:46pm On Oct 18, 2017
tivta:

And fast. Seems what you have experienced is glo 3g. Anyway, enjoy.
Pls Let Me See Yr Glo 4g Speed Test. If U Dont Know How To, U Can Goto Fast.Com

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.