Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (581141 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 1:43pm On Oct 21, 2017
oloet:
please dont buy on jiji or olx, you can't tell what the Sim was used for....
you can still go to their offices
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by orlaryhincah(m): 3:35pm On Oct 21, 2017
Please how can I always load my Ntel myself?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 21, 2017
purplekayc:
you can still go to their offices
Shey dey sell only sim with sub for 8500 monthly unlimited, my phone supports band 20,i think it will work
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by dustmalik: 8:12pm On Oct 21, 2017
EMMAUGOH:
Shey dey sell only sim with sub for 8500 monthly unlimited, my phone supports band 20,i think it will work
The last time I checked, Swift 4G is on 2300mhz (band 40).
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 8:48pm On Oct 21, 2017
Ntel + DNS jumper... Equal stability.... kiss

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 9:36pm On Oct 21, 2017
EMMAUGOH:
I was at Ogba the other time.yes they Sell only sim
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by nani667: 2:41am On Oct 22, 2017
vanchi:
Which part of Lagos

Around Festac area
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by nani667: 2:42am On Oct 22, 2017
soloqy:

Not all locations o. You will eat frustration daily if you are in the Lekki- Ajah axis and you dare to subscribe to Swift

luckily I am nowhere near those areas
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by nani667: 2:43am On Oct 22, 2017
Zukoslim:
So no one wants to sell Swift sim.. .chaaiii

BTW.. Seems the thread to is now all about Glo, swift and Mtn.. .everyone has forgotten Ntel.. .

why not Just get the Router...?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by nani667: 3:16am On Oct 22, 2017
9mobile 3G not doing bad...

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 22, 2017
dustmalik:

The last time I checked, Swift 4G is on 2300mhz (band 40).
my mistake
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 22, 2017
purplekayc:
I was at Ogba the other time.yes they Sell only sim
how much and least sub one could subscribe to during purchase
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 8:26am On Oct 22, 2017
EMMAUGOH:
how much and least sub one could subscribe to during purchase
if you previously have a modem you just buy the sim usually equivalent to the amount of data on it .eg 8k =30gb (without night sub)
Don't know if this has changed.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:34am On Oct 23, 2017
have you guys heard Ntel is also bidding for 9mobile?

literally the funniest shit i've heard in a while grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 23, 2017
4llerbuntu:
have you guys heard Ntel is also bidding for 9mobile?

literally the funniest shit i've heard in a while grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Heh. Plenty ex Etisalat in Ntel ranks. Maybe not so funny
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by vanchi(m): 3:51pm On Oct 23, 2017
Dam5reey:
Ntel + DNS jumper... Equal stability.... kiss

What if i manually set the DNS on my device.. will it help?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 5:39pm On Oct 23, 2017
vanchi:

What if i manually set the DNS on my device.. will it help?

If you know how to do that, go ahead
DNS 1 8.8.8.8
DNS 2 8.8.4.4
I used my phone, I do not have any idea just downloaded Dns jumper enabled and connection was normal usually 10-15 Mbps

I noticed only Youtube was working fine at this speed without DNS, so I downloaded DNS jumper select google dns sharply
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by vanchi(m): 6:30pm On Oct 23, 2017
Dam5reey:

DNS 1 8.8.8.8
DNS 2 8.8.4.4
I used my phone, I do not have any idea just downloaded Dns jumper enabled and connection was normal usually 10-15 Mbps

I noticed only Youtube was working fine at this speed without DNS, so I downloaded DNS jumper select google dns sharply
Yeah I plan to do it on my console
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:51am On Oct 24, 2017
oyb:

Heh. Plenty ex Etisalat in Ntel ranks. Maybe not so funny

With all due respect to those people, if they don't have the money to run Ntel, they aren't going to have the money to run Etisalat.

Meanwhile, lets ignore the absolute shitfest that's their technical dept.

Do you know that since they changed that self care portal I realized anytime you complain they will respond by telling you to restart your device, then mark the problem as solved?

I keep wondering if there's some kinda target system they have in-house that's responsible for that BS.

Last time I complained to MTN and even GLO of all people about network issues, they sent people to me physically to investigate.

Go figure
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by purplekayc(m): 8:14am On Oct 24, 2017
orlaryhincah:
Please how can I always load my Ntel myself?
get a personal number of one of their employees they'll always do it for you
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 24, 2017
4llerbuntu:

With all due respect to those people, if they don't have the money to run Ntel, they aren't going to have the money to run Etisalat.

Meanwhile, lets ignore the absolute shitfest that's their technical dept.

Do you know that since they changed that self care portal I have since realised anytime you complain they will respond by telling you to restart your device, then mark the problem as solved?

I keep wondering if there's some kinda target system they have in-house that's responsible for that BS.

Last time I complained to MTN and even GLO of all people about network issues, they sent people to me physically to investigate.

Go figure

You just dey notice their fake issue resolution? Everytime I call them with an issue, I get the story run around and an instant your issue was resolved text.

Very poor policy
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 24, 2017
Dam5reey:

DNS 1 8.8.8.8
DNS 2 8.8.4.4

Can you explain this grammer and how to make use of it with Ntel sim on a mifi? I need it to work on all devices from phone, laptop, consoles, et al
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 7:45pm On Oct 24, 2017
ollah1:

Can you explain this grammer and how to make use of it with Ntel sim on a mifi? I need it to work on all devices from phone, laptop, consoles, et al

Im sorry, Im unable to assist with settings on Mifi, as I used my Phone as hotspot.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 24, 2017
Dam5reey:

Im sorry, Im unable to assist with settings on Mifi, as I used my Phone as hotspot.

What phone is that?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 8:20pm On Oct 24, 2017
ollah1:

What phone is that?

I use Xioami Mi 5

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 24, 2017
Dam5reey:

I use Xioami Mi 5

Ohh Good. Does the dns jumper make the connection good for streaming or online gaming?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 9:55pm On Oct 24, 2017
ollah1:

Ohh Good. Does the dns jumper make the connection good for streaming or online gaming?

It's good for streaming and downloadß, did not Try gaming oo

In other news got my swift runner activated today..

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 24, 2017
Dam5reey:

It's good for streaming and downloadß, did not Try gaming oo

In other news got my swift runner activated today..

Which is better ?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Dam5reey(m): 12:08am On Oct 25, 2017
ollah1:

Which is better ?

Swift is faster, even though coverage in my area stated fair LTE coverage...

I bought it cos of 20GB free data total cost on Jumia 8200
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 12:14am On Oct 25, 2017
Dam5reey:

Swift is faster, even though coverage in my area stated fair LTE coverage...

I bought it cos of 20GB free data total cost on Jumia 8200
does it comes with Night browsing
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by ezzylee(m): 1:12am On Oct 25, 2017
EMMAUGOH:
does it comes with Night browsing

Swift has an unlimited plan(swift merit plus) . This plan costs 3k and you get 3gb + unlimited browsing from 10pm-7am every single day of the subscription (1 month).

I'm picking up my swift router coz of this to test and see if it's worth it. I'm after the unlimited browsing at night grin
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 1:18am On Oct 25, 2017
ezzylee:

Swift has an unlimited plan(swift merit plus) . This plan costs 3k and you get 3gb + unlimited browsing from 10pm-7am every single day of the subscription (1 month).

I'm picking up my swift router coz of this to test and see if it's worth it. I'm after the unlimited browsing at night grin
i dont know if i should buy only the sim whether they can collect only 3k for this sub plus the sim

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.