Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

How To Survive A Long Road Trip - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How To Survive A Long Road Trip (461 Views)

Confused Driver Takes Passengers On A Road Trip Around Lagos (Photos) / Road Trip From Lagos State To Oyo State / I'm Taking A Road Trip Across Europe - Germany, Switzerland And Italy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Survive A Long Road Trip by Akintoey: 9:14am On May 23, 2016
Traveling can be fun, most travelers, especially cross country travelers always dread the thought of it. You get to cram up in a slow bus with limited legroom and small seats, no wonder it's not an experience to look forward to.
Knowing you intend to endure your next trip, I decided share some of my best tips and tricks to make your long road trip enjoyable.
Entertainment
The trick to long trips is keeping your mind occupied to forget about how small your legroom is for the next several hours. This takes us back to your packing for the trip; pack a paperback book or even better download Audiobooks from Audible to keep you company throughout.
Audiobooks have a way of putting you in and drowning out the noise of chatty seat mates and babies.
Mobile vehicle chargers come in handy on such trips; when the boredom makes you start watching a movie on your mobile device and the battery runs out. Travelers sometimes run into these crises when trying enjoy the journey but get stranded because their Smartphone battery runs out.
While booking a hotel room isn't necessarily a form of entertainment, taking your time to choose the best accommodation ensures you feel confident of where your eventual destination is.
Sleeping
Sleeping on while on a public vehicle is easier said than done. It is safer to rest well the night before (trying to catch up on your sleep might not feasible).
Remember to pack your Eye masks, headphones and neck pillow as sleeping aids. A glass of red wine just might be enough to sooth you and enable you sleep better on the road.
Staying Healthy during and after your trip
Lots of respondents to health surveys have pointed to long distance traveling as an underlying factor in their falling sick. Most respondents indicated getting some form of fever within the week.
While trying to stay healthy on such a trip, hydration is you friend, ensure you always have a bottle of water nearby. I also bring along a pack of vitamins and minerals to take before and after the trip to boost my immune system

(1) (Reply)

Indian Politician Asks His Government To Ban Nigerians From Entering India, Says / 80 Killed On Lagos-ibadan Expressway In Six Months / Italian Campaign Warns Would-be Migrants Against Travelling To Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.