Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) (13521 Views)

Smugglers Of Imported Snakes Disappear From Custody (photo) / My Father Gives Me N500 Each Time He Sleeps With Me, 15-yr-old Reveals / Arrested Pickpocket Steals Policewoman's N1,200 While In Police Custody (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by dre11(m): 2:11pm On May 23, 2016
Alexander Okere, Benin

A murder suspect, identified as Gift Edosomwan, who was arrested for allegedly killing a mother and her three-year-old daughter, has reportedly escaped from a juvenile welfare home, where he was being detained in Benin, the Edo State capital.

It was learnt that Edosomwan escaped last Saturday morning from the welfare home at Upper Sakponba.

The 15-year-old suspect and others at large were alleged to have gruesomely murdered the 28-year-old victim, Itohan Enagbare, and her daughter, Iwinosa, at about 1pm on December 9, 2015.

Southern City News had reported that the deceased mother and child were allegedly stabbed to death at their residence on Osaze Street, off Dumez Road, in Ikpoba Okha Local Government Area of Edo State.

The little girl’s loud cry when she saw that her mother was in danger had also caused the killers to stab her in the back and chest before they fled the scene.

The landlady of the house where the incident occurred had earlier been arrested, but was later released when Gift (suspect) was arrested.

However, the teenager, who was said to be living with the landlady, was later arraigned in court and remanded in prison.

The victims were buried side by side in March 2016 at Erediuwa, off Upper Sakponba road in the state capital.

Counsel to the Enagbare family, Jefferson Uwoghiren, who raised the alarm, described the disappearance of the killer teenager as worrisome.

He also called on law enforcement agencies to re-arrest the teenager and those responsible for his alleged escaped.

When contacted on Sunday, the State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Osifo Abiodun, said that he had yet to receive any report on the incident.

Efforts to reach the officials of the welfare home were not successful.

Abiodun said, “Although I am not aware of that incident, it is not from the police custody that he escaped if at all there is anything like that.

“If there is any escape from custody, either prison or not, and the matter is reported to the police, of course, it is the duty of the police to go after the suspect. I am not aware now.”

http://www.punchng.com/15-yr-old-murder-suspect-escapes-edo-custody/

Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by Nobody: 2:13pm On May 23, 2016
just imagine undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by Cutehector(m): 2:19pm On May 23, 2016
A strong fan of prison break.

2 Likes

Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by VampireeM(f): 2:20pm On May 23, 2016
15yrs? With such an evil mind? He must be the demon's incarnate angry.. An insider @ that welfare home must ve aided the boy to escape

11 Likes

Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by cassidy1996(m): 2:59pm On May 23, 2016
Beautiful mother and child, R.I.P

5 Likes

Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by royal231(m): 4:27pm On May 23, 2016
When ship loss for naija .. na person no fit loss again?? Give me anoda better story
Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by seunlayi(m): 4:27pm On May 23, 2016
... after settling the police

1 Like

Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by nbright: 4:28pm On May 23, 2016
Edo?

1 Like

Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by mccoy47(m): 4:28pm On May 23, 2016
All dis devilish juveniles angry
Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by omoadeleye(m): 4:28pm On May 23, 2016
Na wa o
Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by Heeyhun(f): 4:30pm On May 23, 2016
murderer on the run, Edo inhabitants should be alert
Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by hamzi123: 4:30pm On May 23, 2016
I can see anoda terror is about to b unleashed...d police should get b4 he get out of control
Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by princeade86(m): 4:31pm On May 23, 2016
NAIJA
Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by Amajerry83(m): 4:31pm On May 23, 2016
Some people are extremely wicked.
Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by yomi007k(m): 4:32pm On May 23, 2016
That Upper Sakponba is HQ of crime in Benin city.

Only those with stone hearts stay there. tongue

Eeepa Domo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by AlexCk: 4:32pm On May 23, 2016
Choi, T-bag on the loose,

Abeg where Scofield n Alex Mahone oo,
Nawa oo

1 Like

Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by Yosifperfect(m): 4:32pm On May 23, 2016
Forming Michael Scoffield! Re-arrest the idiot and this time put him with hardened criminals, since he is not ready to be rehabilitated!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by FengChui(m): 4:36pm On May 23, 2016
Kai!
Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by Pavore9: 4:36pm On May 23, 2016
So sad, just wasted 2 previous lives.
Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by DaBullIT(m): 4:37pm On May 23, 2016
Nna na dem
Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by seunlayi(m): 4:46pm On May 23, 2016
some people were born wicked

2 Likes

Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by fpeter(f): 4:46pm On May 23, 2016
it is well
Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by amuokuko: 4:54pm On May 23, 2016
Story for the gods...
they escaped because they prayed nd sang nd the iron bars opened while the guards were afflicted with deep sleep

Useless country were people could just decide to feed us with lie..
Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by southernbelle(f): 5:10pm On May 23, 2016
Wow
Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by Ad0rable: 5:13pm On May 23, 2016
Y not post pictures of the 15yr old boy

2 Likes

Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by lordsharks(m): 5:21pm On May 23, 2016
He should b caught sharply o
Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by Toriababy(f): 6:07pm On May 23, 2016
Hmmmm,what a States.so so bad
Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by buzzybrain88(m): 6:17pm On May 23, 2016
Benin and violence is like eba and egusi
Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by spacechuks(m): 6:36pm On May 23, 2016
I have said it time without number that Benin is not a good place to raise a child. the city is evil. and the indigenes are not friendly. 15years that should be doing Sth meaningful with his life is busy engaging himself with crime. pls beware of Benin boys.. they are not good people

2 Likes

Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by Deadlytruth(m): 6:49pm On May 23, 2016
spacechuks:
I have said it time without number that Benin is not a good place to raise a child. the city is evil. and the indigenes are not friendly. 15years that should be doing Sth meaningful with his life is busy engaging himself with crime. pls beware of Benin boys.. they are not good people

This guy is just an exception. Benin boys are not really deadly. However, I am saddened that my state is in the news for the wrong reason. That boy should be caught and killed. This vindicates those of us who stood against the human "rights" activists when they tried to intimidate Oshiomhole into refusing to sign into laww the capital punishment bill passed by EDHA.
Re: 15-yr-old Murder Suspect Escapes From Edo Custody (photo) by Joysmith2: 7:56pm On May 23, 2016
spacechuks:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Lauds Collaboration With FBI / Dial 112: NCC Finally Sets Up Emergency Communication Centres In FCT, 17 States / Statement By The Grand Eye Of The Buccaneers Confraternity On Recent Occurrences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.