Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! (5462 Views)

Woman Gives Birth At Chick-Fil-A Texas: Baby Offered Free Food For Life And Job / You Can't Eat This Food For One Week And Your Life Will Remain The Same (PHOTOS) / Did You Ever Buy This Satchet Ice-Cream? Memories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by spyglaxx: 6:32am On Jul 26, 2016
***CONCENTRATION***
The ability to focus on one thing single-mindedly and see it through until it's done takes more character than anything else.
Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by 3rdlegxxx(m): 7:23pm On Jul 26, 2016
3rdlegxxx:
This is a[b] 'Food for thought'[/b] thread, a 'Did you know' thread'...

[color=#006600]It's suppose to be educative, informative and helps us pause and think more, i believe inspiration, motivation, shocking quotes, happy, sad, crazy, naughty, fun, weird quotes are all food to our souls just like music is, i would go first feel free to add yours ....

I never loose, I only fall and learn.
Nothing is impossible, only you have the power to sculpt yourself into what you what to become.

If you can't find a way, create one.

If you get tired; learn to rest, not to quit.

Did You Know That: Drug lord Pablo Escobar had so much cash that rats ate almost $1 Billion of his money each year.

Did You Know That: Our brains have a negativity bias and will remember negative memories more than good ones - This helps us to better protect ourselves.

Did You Know That:Psychology claims that If two past lovers can remain just friends, its either they are still in love, or never were.

Did You Know That: Women are more attracted to men who pay attention, someone who remembers details about them without having to be reminded.

Did You Know That: Newborn babies choose to look at attractive faces over plain ones - suggesting that recognizing appealing faces is hardwired at birth.

Did You Know That: Happiness is contagious, and when you're positive, people are naturally drawn to you.

Did You Know That: Psychology: When she is happy, she can’t stop talking, when she is sad she doesn't say a word.

Did You Know That: Research finds that kids who enjoy family meals have larger vocabularies, better manners, healthier diets, and higher self-esteem.

Did You Know That: You should never give rabbits a full body bath, because they might die from shock.

Did You Know That: A recent study found that internet trolls are more likely to be sadists, psychopaths, and narcissists.

Did You Know That: The United States is actually the serial killer capital of the world.

Did You Know That: Ironically, the human mind tends to forget the things it should remember and remember the things it should forget.

Did You Know That: It used to take a year to sell 10 million iPhones. Apple just did it with the iPhone 6 in a weekend.

Did You Know That: A condition called “False Awakening” occurs when you’re dreaming that you’ve woken up, but still are in deep sleep.

Did You Know That: Scientists have found that the ankle is the most satisfying spot to scratch.

Did You Know That: When a cockroach touches a human it runs to safety to clean itself.

Did You Know That: One of the the best feelings come when you realize that you're perfectly happy without the people you thought you needed most.

Did You Know That: Listening to your favorite song before bed can help you sleep better, wake up easier and enhance your mood for the upcoming day.

Did You Know That: Bad handwriting? Keep this in mind: more intelligent people tend to think faster, and as a result their handwriting is more sloppy.

There comes a point in your life when you realize who really matters, who never did, and who always will.

There comes a time when you have to choose between turning the page and closing the book.

Doesn't make sense to let go of something you have wanted for so long, but it also doesn't make sense to hold on when there's nothing there.

Hold on to the ones that care. In the end, they will be the only ones there.

Sometimes you make love & sometimes you have great rough sex.. I love both.

I seriously envy people without a guilty conscience..This one time I forgot to smile back to an old man and it still haunts me till this day.

It's better to forgive and forget rather than to relive and regret.

Don't count the minutes, just the laughs. Enjoy the little things, and make them last.

Trust is like an eraser, it gets smaller with each mistake.
Figuring out whether or not a person likes you is easy - The easier it is to make them laugh, the more likely they are to like you.

If someone really wants to see you, they'll find a reason, they'll find a way, and they'll make the effort.

It is not happy people who are thankful, it is thankful people who are happy.

Being nice to someone you don't like doesn't mean you're fake, it means you're mature enough to tolerate your dislike for them.

If you want to do something, then do it now, because life is short, and you never know if you'll get that chance to do it.

You need to look yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if you're truly happy. If you can't say yes right away, then it's time for change.

Don't let anyone ever make you feel like you don't deserve what you want.

Don't chase other people. Work hard and be yourself. Under these two principles, the right people will find their way into your life.
[i][/i]
[/color][b][/b]

FACTS..

Lalasticlala
Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by spyglaxx: 5:25am On Jul 27, 2016
Blacks are phonocentric and bibliophobic.If you will hide anything from an african put it in a book.Maybe it explains why all black nations are so doomed.
Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by spyglaxx: 5:33am On Jul 27, 2016
HE WHO KILLS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD KILLS LOVE AND KILLS GOD. HE WHO KILLS IN THE NAME OF GOD LEAVES GOD WITHOUT A NAME.**samarkand.
Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by spyglaxx: 5:47am On Jul 27, 2016
If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen? 1 john 4:20.

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by spyglaxx: 5:56am On Jul 27, 2016
Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight; everything is uncovered and exposed before the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.Hebrew 4 :13
Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by spyglaxx: 6:01am On Jul 27, 2016
There are seeds of self-destruction in all of us that will bear only unhappiness if allowed to grow.
**Dorothea Brande**
Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by spyglaxx: 6:08am On Jul 27, 2016
Talent without discipline is like an octopus on roller skates. There's plenty of movement, but you never know if it's going to be forward, backwards, or sideways.
H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by Darkchocolate(f): 9:59pm On Jul 27, 2016
3rdlegxxx:
Enjoy...

some people come into our lives, to help us realize our worth.

We get attached to temporary things, then wonder why our happiness never lasts.

Be kind. You just never know what someone is going through.

With a negative mindset you only see negative things happen, yet positive things happen all the time. Alter your state of mind to see them.

Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us.

You can't take responsibility for other people's behaviors. You can't make people grow. You can't change people. Just allow them to learn.

cc: charijee, mysticgal, spyglaxx, PrinceEvolution, jagugu88li, AngelAhnie, annnikky, PushPlay, Tuham, Berlyn, repogirl, Darkchocolate, Bobxin, Pheals, Mynd44, Cherishing,

kiss kiss
I see you Boo. Thanks for blessing me with your inspirational extracts!!!

kiss kiss
Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by spyglaxx: 6:17am On Jul 28, 2016
A MAN WITH EXPERIENCE IS NEVER AT THE MERCY OF A MAN WITH AN ARGUEMENT.~sola areogun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by 3rdlegxxx(m): 2:31pm On Jul 28, 2016
Thread updated...

Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by 3rdlegxxx(m): 2:45pm On Jul 28, 2016
charijee:
This got to me cry....I'm kinda feeling all emotional now

Thanks op

thanks dear, just saw this right now, hope u learnt from it, it's useless if something deep touches us but we don't learn from it .....hope you are good tho
Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by 3rdlegxxx(m): 2:50pm On Jul 28, 2016
cc: spyglaxx, vera031, kingsilly, prettyJoy22, mysticgal, charijee, Berlyn, Tuham, jagugu88li, charijee, buharisbae, doctorkush, dauntless15,
KingCheezyPuff, obontami, sydneywhite gabinogem AngelAhnie Mickchillz annnikky HATEU2, LOVEU2, Limerick charlsecy, PrinceEvolution REPOGIRL TWACI RITABAbe naturalwaves, amicable24, femi4, kobonaire, AgricSalt,mikaelzX, HyDef, saintneo, Davbams, Omotayor123, AgricSalt, dauntless15, LAVEDA, Lalasticlala, CUTEHECTOR, MzPecs, halfricanadian, ClassCaptain, Rapmoney, KingCheezyPuff, Toks2008, sisisioge, tosyne2much, refiner

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by charijee(f): 2:54pm On Jul 28, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

thanks dear, just saw this right now, hope u learnt from it, it's useless if something deep touches us but we don't learn from it .....hope you are good tho
Picked a lot from your posts.....some really got me pondering for a while... and yeah, I'm good, thanks for asking
Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by 3rdlegxxx(m): 2:58pm On Jul 28, 2016
Enjoy..

Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by 3rdlegxxx(m): 3:01pm On Jul 28, 2016
charijee:
Picked a lot from your posts.....some really got me pondering for a while... and yeah, I'm good, thanks for asking
You are welcome you... stay glued to my posts and your mention for real lines, quotes and comments, i'm sorry i'm not like the usual front page chaser and all that, i am a bit of everything, crazy, fun, quiet, open minded, naughty, witty, psychological, philosophical, idealist and a creative cool dude.....

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by AngelAhnie(f): 5:09pm On Jul 28, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

You are welcome you... stay glued to my posts and your mention for real lines, quotes and comments, i'm sorry i'm not like the usual front page chaser and all that, i am a bit of everything, crazy, fun, quiet, open minded, naughty, witty, psychological, philosophical, idealist and a creative cool dude.....

like this
Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by 3rdlegxxx(m): 7:13pm On Jul 28, 2016
AngelAhnie:
like this

ok
Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by kliq(m): 8:21am On Jul 29, 2016
cool
Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by kingsilly(m): 2:04pm On Jul 29, 2016
smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by spyglaxx: 8:13pm On Jul 29, 2016
***ANOTHER WEEK***
Another week is gone
A week of ease for the wise
A week of hisses for the weak.
Time comes and chimes
So shall your history be.
With its tripartite fingers
Your destinies are weaved.
Adieu another week.

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by spyglaxx: 8:33pm On Jul 29, 2016
*** THE UNKNOWN WOMAN***
Thou woman of my dreams
Blessed arth thy remembrance
They are like fragrance to my nostrils
The sunshine in thy eyes
Assuring as the west wind.
The beauty on your face
Dazzling as the flowers of may.
When shall i see my piece-of -eight?
Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by donbenedict(m): 12:54pm On Aug 01, 2016
kingsilly:
smiley
here is the link to the voting thread. please vote falconey. thanks so much.
https://www.nairaland.com/3261218/mr-nairaland-contest-2016-elimination/12
Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by graciousme(f): 4:12pm On Aug 01, 2016
Hello food lovers,

My name is Kemi Oladipo. I recently completed a course on 'Biosafety of plant Biotechnology' at Marche Polytechnic University,Ancona,Italy.

I am currently conducting a survey on the 'Readiness of Nigerians for the commercialization of genetically modified crops in Nigeria'. I am using the social media and other associated entities to share the survey.
I will your support and provide you a medium to express your opinion about genetically modified foods in Nigeria. Please find the link to the survey below.

Available to answer any question. Kind regards,

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLvbgIbUnannWQCz01AW8FIVT1aq4JCba1ki6lQV84QAcKBQ/viewform?c=0&w=1

Kemi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by 3rdlegxxx(m): 1:36am On Apr 08, 2017
Left but never forgoten...

1. You are your only and biggest limitation.

2. Strivers achiever what dreamers believe.

3. Stop blaming all the time, do your little part and be the change you want to see in the world or better still in your country.

4. Be open minded and move with open minded people, it would fill you with lasting interest, joy and a great sense of self worth for we have too many shallow people who all they sleep, eat, think about are Iphones, looking good and staying online judging everybody else.
Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by 3rdlegxxx(m): 10:23am On Apr 09, 2017
You gotta remind yourself daily that you can do better, there is no limitation to what you can do and who you can become believe that.

Divay22 follow back lets chat..
Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by Divay22(f): 10:37am On Apr 09, 2017
I never admired another's fortune so much that I become dissatisfied with my own.

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! by Divay22(f): 10:48am On Apr 09, 2017
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? / Names Of Non-fat Yoghurt & Non-fat Milk In Nigeria / See what a Nairalander has been doing during this Covid-19 Period

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.