Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? (5477 Views)

Help!! Steps To Make Good Home Made Ice Cream. / Good Home Made Cakes At Your Door Step / Good Home For Good Food (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by TrueTalk3: 9:28am On Apr 17, 2007
Pips,

It should interest you that I doubt the ability of most young ladies in cooking good food (not indomie and egg frying)!

I go to many popular eat-outs and discover that there are always a higher percentage of lady-customers. Most of who do not have pots @ home.

Check out a well-known local food joint around Shitta/Lagos (Olaiya),

Its annoying to get there very hungry (on a weekend/holiday) and find a long queue (all ladies; who should be rehearsing culinary skills needed for their future homes), delaying my ease of great stomach troubles.

Ladies, believe it or not, ability to cook good food will help you in your future homes. wink
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by lastdon2(m): 4:26pm On Apr 18, 2007
My brother you are not lying.

Alot of this babes cannot even boil water without burning it.
Most of them did not stay in the kitchen when their mum was cooking.

I guess they were doing accross the fence romance.

Only God will help our generation.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Apr 21, 2007
say the name of the food, and i may cook on web-cam for u to see
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by soulpatrol(f): 2:16am On Apr 22, 2007
ha ha ha. so ladies too cannot join the queque to eat outside the house? who made that rule now? cool

whoever posted this topic must be stuck in the stone age. haven't you heard that a lot more guys can cook these days? its not a big issue anymore. its almost 50-50 now. hmm, my momma was smart by teaching my brother how to cook, so that no woman can do shakara for him.  tongue

i suggest y'all guys should enter kitchen now and quit waiting for your woman to do so. times have changed my dears, and if you aint gonna change with it, youre gonna be left behind! wink
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Nobody: 7:26am On Apr 22, 2007
soulpatrol:

ha ha ha. so ladies too cannot join the queque to eat outside the house? who made that rule now? cool

whoever posted this topic must be stuck in the stone age. haven't you heard that a lot more guys can cook these days? its not a big issue anymore. its almost 50-50 now. hmm, my momma was smart by teaching my brother how to cook, so that no woman can do shakara for him. tongue

i suggest y'all guys should enter kitchen now and quit waiting for your woman to do so. times have changed my dears, and if you aint going to change with it, youre going to be left behind! wink

all these pretense at civilization bores me to tears. Even in so-called western societies it is still a given that women do the cooking in the home, of course more men are begining to realise they can be good cooks too. But all these " its 50-50 now", "if you cant cook u're stuck in the stone age" dont make much sense to me sorry to say.
I cook far better than many girls can but that does not give my future wife the leeway to spend the whole day sleeping because we are no longer in the stone age.

Real (responsible and mature) women seek to improve their home making skills, i for one wont be looking for a lady who thinks being in the 21st century gives her the license to burn water and spend all her lunch and dinner at mcdonalds!
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by snazzydawn(f): 9:51pm On Jul 19, 2007
Do you people now wonder why Calabar/Uyo girls are the best? We are taught that the way to a man's heart is his stomach and are taught this from infancy. Any wonder why we turn your men into potty in our hands?
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by debosky(m): 9:53pm On Jul 19, 2007
I'll be potty in your hands anyday snazzy kiss tongue
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by nana(f): 9:59pm On Jul 19, 2007
Well,am among d few that can cook, Thanks to my Mama,
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 19, 2007
snazzydawn:

Do you people now wonder why Calabar/Uyo girls are the best? We are taught that the way to a man's heart is his stomach and are taught this from infancy. Any wonder why we turn your men into potty in our hands?

that is the most stupid quote I have ever read on the net. I can't believe most people believe this. It's just too ridiculous. Equating men to simple beings whose minds are conditioned by the solely skills of a woman in the kitchen. Just like sex, food isn't enough to make a man stay. Other things are recquired and instead of spending my years in the kitchen or bedroom trying to learn those skills, I am looking for a more solid basis on which I'll build my future relationship.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by snazzydawn(f): 10:28pm On Jul 19, 2007
well mich, that is the truth, believe it or not! food is not the only thing that will make a man stay, but it sure goes a long way in the home. Not many Nigerian men will want to marry a woman who cannot cook. Besides, you do not have the right to call an opinion stupid, if you do not agree with it, well, give your own opinion rather than scoff. That is my opinion, period!
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jul 19, 2007
I wasn't referring to your post but rather to the quote: "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach". In my opinion it doesn't make men look like the leaders they claim to be but rather beings on the same level with kids. I'd be disappointed if my future husband was that type of man.

I am not a bad cook, but I don't like staying in the kitchen. today i had to make some stew and i almost lost my nerves because the work was never ending. I am willing to cook but only when it's strictly necessary.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Esss(m): 10:51pm On Jul 19, 2007
Let us break this thing down. The term "OUR LADIES", are you referring to African women?? If yes then this is my answer. Just a hand full. America and Oprah winfrey has destroyed our african ladies. All they know is hamburger, chips, chicken peri-peri, and chicken jambalaya. Our African dishes are not something you can learn off of a cookbook.

Check out the categories of ladies

1. Aje butters; Due to their upbringing, nothing this class of girls/ladies sabi. Dem no even fit boil egg. These ones only know Mr. Biggs, Tantalizers, KFC, Mac donalds, Subway, and the home delivery number of all the fast food outlet. This group i very abundant (as nobody dey gree marry dem).
2. Cream: Although their mama actually try to teach dem, becos dem dey form, dem no learn anything. But dem dey try. This group need manual (Cookbook) to cook. Even to make garri. But atleast dem dey make effort.
3. Area; These ones sabi cook O! but dem no just send. Their eye dey chook for only money.
4. Regular; These ones learn how to cook. Although their talent no strong like their mama own, but them dey really try.
5. Village girl; This ones can cook anything ranging from Nkwobi, to isi-ewu, to fresh fish peppersoup to ofe owerri down to Ugba and Opkoroko. These are the girls that make pounded yam from real yam and not yam flour. They can manufacture soups that have not been named yet. They even cook foods that are not native to their area. These girls are amazing. But the problem is that these ones no sabi book. Dem stop for class five. And they are slowly going extinct. They are an endangered specie. Thanks to our guys who come back from obodo oyibo and marry dem.

I have decided that I will date a cream girl then send her for two years DT (domestic training) with my mum and grandmum. The first year will be with my mum, the second year will be with my grandmum. If she can graduate with a second class upper, then we will get married. but anything below that, sorry.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by ikamefa(f): 10:54pm On Jul 19, 2007
@esss i don laff die

i love your analysis " grin "
Esss:

I have decided that I will date a cream girl then send her for two years DT (domestic training) with my mum and grandmum. The first year will be with my mum, the second year will be with my grandmum. If she can graduate with a second class upper, then we will get married. but anything below that, sorry.

which proves @ snazzys post then! cheesy

"the way to a mans heart is through his bloody stomach" grin
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 19, 2007
michelin89 na cream girl she be. grin

Esss:

2. Cream: Although their mama actually try to teach them, because them dey form, them no learn anything. But them dey try. This group need manual (Cookbook) to cook. Even to make garri. But atleast them dey make effort.

I will go for a regular girl any day. A girl who has to "pretend" she cant cook because she thinks its beneath her isnt worth the chase.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by k0be: 11:03pm On Jul 19, 2007
i no go fit marry woman wey no sabi cook abeg. i no wan starve, my pikins no wan starve.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 19, 2007
michelin89:

I am willing to cook but only when it's strictly necessary.

which by my calculation will be 3 times a day, 7 days a week unless you want your children to starve.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 19, 2007
davidylan:

michelin89 na cream girl she be. grin

I am happy we are not meant for each other. Go for your regular girls!

davidylan:

which by my calculation will be 3 times a day, 7 days a week unless you want your children to starve.

You nor serious. Can't they/he warm food?
I spent 3 hours in the kitchen today and I am already fed up. No more cooking for at least a month!
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Jul 19, 2007
michelin89:

I am happy we are not meant for each other. Go for your regular girls!

u neednt have bothered to remind me. grin

michelin89:

You nor serious. Can't they/he warm food?
I spent 3 hours in the kitchen today and I am already fed up. No more cooking for at least a month!

Only 3 hrs? shocked Even the food your kids will warm has to be cooked by someone. You cant warm raw rice and eat.
Will they be warming food at the age of 3?
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 19, 2007
davidylan:

u neednt have bothered to remind me. grin

I always like to precise!

davidylan:

Only 3 hrs? shocked Even the food your kids will warm has to be cooked by someone. You can't warm raw rice and eat.
Will they be warming food at the age of 3?

Where will my houseboy husband be? Watching TV?
My plan will be: since there are days I am willing to cook, I'll spend the whole day making all sorts of food I'll later keep in the freezer. So who hungry go just go there and pick wetin he man eat.

The husband fit help the children warm food abi that is also a crime to manhood?
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jul 19, 2007
michelin89:

I always like to precise!

again you neednt have bothered. Your pictures have been slobbering all over here from ages, from what i see i can confidently tell you "fear not, davidylan can never miss road to ur doorstep". wink

michelin89:

Where will my houseboy husband be? Watching TV?
My plan will be: since there are days I am willing to cook, I'll spend the whole day making all sorts of food I'll later keep in the freezer. So who hungry go just go there and pick wetin he man eat.

The husband fit help the children warm food abi that is also a crime to manhood?

This one wey u dey write no make sense. How many hrs will it take you to cook enough food that ur children can warm and eat for the weeks "you wont feel like cooking"? Have you considered that you may be married to a man who also wont like cooking?
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Nobody: 11:54pm On Jul 19, 2007
davidylan:

again you neednt have bothered. Your pictures have been slobbering all over here from ages, from what i see i can confidently tell you "fear not, davidylan can never miss road to your doorstep". wink

If being ugly stops you from coming my way then I am very glad to be wowo! Thanks mum! Thanks dad! You did a wonderful job! grin

davidylan:

This one wey u dey write no make sense. How many hrs will it take you to cook enough food that your children can warm and eat for the weeks "you wont feel like cooking"? Have you considered that you may be married to a man who also wont like cooking?

Sorry but all the guys I meet are always good cook and love cooking too. I have this kharma that attracts them and that fortunately keeps you far from me! tongue grin
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jul 19, 2007
michelin89:

If being ugly stops you from coming my way then I am very glad to be wowo! Thanks mum! Thanks dad! You did a wonderful job! grin

We thank God my sister. grin

michelin89:

Sorry but all the guys I meet are always good cook and love cooking too. I have this kharma that attracts them and that fortunately keeps you far from me! tongue grin

You wait until you get married first before you celebrate your luck.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Nobody: 12:02am On Jul 20, 2007
@ Davidylan, you get yahoo messenger?
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by omoge(f): 1:15am On Jul 20, 2007
ummmmmmmmmmm, i better carry my odo with me grin
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Nobody: 1:24am On Jul 20, 2007
michelin89:

@ Davidylan, you get yahoo messenger?

yep. Remember that u hate cooking. tongue
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 20, 2007
davidylan:

yes. Remember that u hate cooking. tongue

Abeg you think I wan come toast you? Remember say na so so oyinbo you dey date. Enemy of Africa! tongue
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by MP007(m): 10:04am On Jul 20, 2007
My ex sucked at cooking , i was the one cooking, one of those sopit rich kids, brat!
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by wifeypenth(f): 11:34am On Jul 21, 2007
I am not blowing my trumpet oh. But to the glory of God. I am a great chef/cook.just name the meal
pounded yam and obe efo riro wit eja panla and assorted meat and fish
or pounded yam with groundnut soup
or amala and ewedu or gbegiri
or starch and banga soup
jokes apart am goooood,am nt a yoruba gurl bt i learnt my culnumery skills 4rm both my swit mother and my moda in-law
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by WesleyanA(f): 12:40am On Jul 22, 2007
Let us break this thing down. The term "OUR LADIES", are you referring to African women?? If yes then this is my answer. Just a hand full. America and Oprah winfrey has destroyed our african ladies. All they know is hamburger, chips, chicken peri-peri, and chicken jambalaya. Our African dishes are not something you can learn off of a cookbook.

Check out the categories of ladies

1. Aje butters; Due to their upbringing, nothing this class of girls/ladies sabi. Dem no even fit boil egg. These ones only know Mr. Biggs, Tantalizers, KFC, Mac donalds, Subway, and the home delivery number of all the fast food outlet. This group i very abundant (as nobody dey gree marry them).
2. Cream: Although their mama actually try to teach them, because them dey form, them no learn anything. But them dey try. This group need manual (Cookbook) to cook. Even to make garri. But atleast them dey make effort.
3. Area; These ones sabi cook O! but them no just send. Their eye dey chook for only money.
4. Regular; These ones learn how to cook. Although their talent no strong like their mama own, but them dey really try.
5. Village girl; This ones can cook anything ranging from Nkwobi, to isi-ewu, to fresh fish peppersoup to ofe owerri down to Ugba and Opkoroko. These are the girls that make pounded yam from real yam and not yam flour. They can manufacture soups that have not been named yet. They even cook foods that are not native to their area. These girls are amazing. But the problem is that these ones no sabi book. Dem stop for class five. And they are slowly going extinct. They are an endangered specie. Thanks to our guys who come back from obodo oyibo and marry them.us break this thing down. The term "OUR LADIES", are you referring to African women?? If yes then this is my answer. Just a hand full. America and

lmao at the categories.
I'm definitely in the 2nd category -cream. lol
i use the cookbook all the time (except for the everyday regular foods) or i improvise. nothing more. mostly improvise though. my food always come out great
i'm really proud of myself for this 'cause my little bro has gotten his cooking skills from me (and he admits it. ha).

Only God will help our generation.

too bad for the guys.
I'm lovin' it grin

----

it's my 8000th post shocked
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by daprince: 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2007
Congratulations Wes, u've done well for urself, regarding ur 8000th post. Seun, what's gonna be Wes's trophy?
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by vivann(f): 7:37pm On Jul 22, 2007
[size=8pt][/size]Have U guys considered that there some ladies who have actually tried but simply cant cook.They have tried, still continue to try, but despite all their efforts it jus doesn't come out as tasty as anything their mum does or sisters either would rustle up.( I have a friend like that )Like a proverb says in ibo, A vulture excreted on her hands.
So guys what would U say about such ladies.
Re: How Many Of Our Ladies Can Actually Cook Good/home Food? by vivann(f): 7:37pm On Jul 22, 2007
[size=8pt][/size]Have U guys considered that there some ladies who have actually tried but simply cant cook.They  have tried, still continue to try, but despite all their efforts it jus doesn't come out as tasty as anything their mum does or sisters either would rustle up.( I have a friend like that )Like a proverb says in ibo, A vulture excreted on her hands.
 So guys what would U say about such ladies.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Indomie Noodles Killing Many Children / Food For Thought!!!! Did You Know!!! / A Students Guide To Jollof Rice (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.