Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,213 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man (30911 Views)

Charles Onu Invents Ubenwa, Artificial Intelligence System To Analyze Baby's Cry / See The Keke That Was Produced By A Boy In Aba(photod) / Naturally Controlled Artificial Limbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by Eberex(m): 9:25am On May 25, 2016
But why is it only in the north that we find people without limbs?
Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by APCcrimes: 9:26am On May 25, 2016
kenonze:
Thats so cool.
But why saying "Hausa" man?
Why not "a Nigerian"?

I almost never wanted to open this thread

Nigeria is not one...

And can never be!!
Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by Emmahunk(m): 9:26am On May 25, 2016
QuotaSystem:
Another Northern genius that should be supported, and further trained by not just government, but insightful investors.

Leaders should emulate the Sokoto Government who supported an auto designer (Jelani Aliyu) to sharpen his skills in the US, and is now a world renowned auto designer and inventor with Patents to his name.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2612223_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

That's great news but in what way has he contributed to the people of Sokoto whose tax money was used in sending him to the States?
Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by Nobody: 9:27am On May 25, 2016
QuotaSystem:

Nope, its because that was his signature project. Take a look at his more recent projects.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3756882_jelani_jpeg155e54e3492ca72abd5efb1fbfc3c224

...and theres already a successor to him from same Sokoto, as Bashir Aliyu is already in the U.S under sponsorship of Gov. Tambuwal to develop his skills under the mentorship of Jelani...

patent in the land of arners amazing
Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by kilokeys(m): 9:29am On May 25, 2016
kenonze:
Thats so cool.
Why not "a Nigerian"?

u just shot urself in the leg

is an hausa man not a nigerian?
if u are a tribalist u can never be a true nationalist

1 Like

Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by andaxon: 9:29am On May 25, 2016
400billionman:
Good effort.
God bless Igbos.
God bless Nigeria
Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by Nobody: 9:29am On May 25, 2016
AustineE1:
If only government can key in and assist him and then he will definately keep improving on it......rather than going to Germany,just to buy a good artificial limb.
'J-town got talent'.
Assist him? When we have professionals in the field who read all about musculoskeletal and neuromuscular weaknesses restoration? Why not the useless government first of all grant this professionals their wish?

There's a field of medicine that handles that but the useless government and scary quacks are not letting them do their work. So what they do is raise money and open up a centre. The government has done zero to help their faith.
Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by shamsuRana(m): 9:30am On May 25, 2016
kenonze:
Thats so cool.
Why not "a Nigerian"?

smiley
Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by TimothyNkenu: 9:36am On May 25, 2016
kenonze:
Thats so cool.
Why not "a Nigerian"?

Because of the useless stereotype associated with Northerners - that's why.

1 Like

Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by Missmossy(f): 9:37am On May 25, 2016
Aww this is good,kudos to him.
Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by BayLord01(m): 9:39am On May 25, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
shocked shocked
Why saying Aba made instead of made in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by Nobody: 9:44am On May 25, 2016
BayLord01:
Why saying Aba made instead of made in Nigeria?
how's that my problem?
Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by herald9: 9:47am On May 25, 2016
This is nice mehn...
It even came with Dolce & Gabbana shoes and sandals cheesy

1 Like

Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by rileyy(m): 9:53am On May 25, 2016
Okay! come back when you succeed but for now, this guy is a GENIUS.

quote author=Reyginus post=45948637]Talented? Smh. This is what anyone who read Prosthesis and Orthotics can do. Quite unfortunate our course have been left to quacks.

How is fabricating an above the knee prosthesis talent? This country really have a lot of ignorance.

This is what I do. Abroad we have the myoelectric prosthesis. I'm thinking how to restore the entire limb by cloning. Don't ask me how. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by Jesuferanmi(m): 9:54am On May 25, 2016
Nice one there. I'm just.......... ...wowed! Keep it up man, thumbs up.
Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by Nobody: 10:00am On May 25, 2016
rileyy:
Okay! come back when you succeed but for now, this guy is a GENIUS.

quote author=Reyginus post=45948637]Talented? Smh. This is what anyone who read Prosthesis and Orthotics can do. Quite unfortunate our course have been left to quacks.

How is fabricating an above the knee prosthesis talent? This country really have a lot of ignorance.

This is what I do. Abroad we have the myoelectric prosthesis. I'm thinking how to restore the entire limb by cloning. Don't ask me how.
Lol. This is not Genius. That Prosthesis was made using Polyethylene. It was made using machines like Drilling Machine, Prosthetic Oven, and Sanding machine. I believe the Hausa guy is a patient and the leg was constructed for him. You can't produce that without these machines.
Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by Nobody: 10:04am On May 25, 2016
amokeme:
exactly, I opened it reluctantly... didn't want to read comments sef.

what if he didn't read the bold? Did you think of that? And you even call him a quack undecided(talking about the ignorance you mentioned) And yes we have a lot of ignorance, like comparing a developing country to a developed one.and don't you think his own will be more accessible and affordable to the below average class in Nigeria than your myoelectric prosthesis? Making shouldn't be the only concern, how accessible will the invention be should also be put into consideration.
He did a good job, and I hope he is funded. And all the best in your limb cloning smiley
I don't think he can afford the machines used in making it. That thing up there was done in a Prosthetic and Orthotic Centre. Even if he didn't read the course he's still not Genius. Genius is not what everybody or every prosthetist is doing.

You are not in the position to know if he did a good job or not. The reason I talked about quacks. Understanding the anatomy and functional anatomy, physiology, of the thigh and the amputation is required to be a Prosthetist. This is medicine.

The cosmetic appearance is not enough to say he did a good job. A friend did one attached with a bicycle but his project still annoyed the supervisors. Does he know the pathological conditions where Prosthetic fitting is not required? Does he even have any knowledge of gait analysis and training. You are not in a position to say he did a good job.
Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by mu2sa2: 10:08am On May 25, 2016
Nice job. Nd hoodlums blowing up oil facilities will profit more if they learn to be creative like this guy.
Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by Solo2baba: 10:11am On May 25, 2016
nice[b] handjob[/b]. keep it up grin
Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by MrMcJay(m): 10:16am On May 25, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
so is this the only project he worked on cause you guys keep showing this same one over and over for years now....

Show us what you have achieved in your life.

1 Like

Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by Tintinnoty(m): 10:17am On May 25, 2016
kenonze:
Thats so cool. But why saying "Hausa" man? Why not "a Nigerian"?
Only TB will notice things like this I almost never noticed Hausa was mentioned

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by dadee007(m): 10:27am On May 25, 2016
It's a nice thing for Nigeria but that red car is an aerodynamic nightmare. The car would be using like 60 % of its power to overcome drag.
QuotaSystem:

Nope, its because that was his signature project. Take a look at his more recent projects.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3756882_jelani_jpeg155e54e3492ca72abd5efb1fbfc3c224

...and theres already a successor to him from same Sokoto, as Bashir Aliyu is already in the U.S under sponsorship of Gov. Tambuwal to develop his skills under the mentorship of Jelani...

Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:29am On May 25, 2016
tomorrow now the region of 5% will tell us that nothin good come out of the north

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by Nobody: 10:34am On May 25, 2016
This is lovely, ingenous and industrious. God bless ur hustle
Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by victorazy(m): 10:37am On May 25, 2016
kenonze:
Thats so cool.
Why not "a Nigerian"?

Me too! I was sluggish, reluctant to open the thread because I never wanted to see rubbish this early morning but Abu Shaibu prooved me wrong when I saw this amazing job he did, I was astonished. This work is far better than those rubbish uni students are presenting as cars.

"Hausa man did this"
Yes!

There is always 1 out of 100 of hausas as hyperactive.
Am not supprise though because he stays in Jos and Jos ppl are most talented people in Nigeria, prove me wrong.
y
Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by victorazy(m): 10:45am On May 25, 2016
dadee007:
It's a nice thing for Nigeria but that red car is an aerodynamic nightmare. The car would be using like 60 % of its power to overcome drag.

Your correct but I don't know why he did like that, if only he realise the volume of wind the car will trap and it can cause harvoc because Newton's 3rd law can take place.
Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by Damikevin(m): 10:49am On May 25, 2016
I remember going there for excursion when I was in JSS 3 in 2006
Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by sexytyga(m): 10:49am On May 25, 2016
AustineE1:
If only government can key in and assist him and then he will definately keep improving on it......rather than going to Germany,just to buy a good artificial limb.
'J-town got talent'.
enough talent
Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by bee444: 10:55am On May 25, 2016
kenonze:
Thats so cool.
Why not "a Nigerian"?

The Igbos are always guilty of this one. They always include the term 'Igbo' when describing an achievement of a Nigerian that comes from the East.

1 Like

Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by CSTR6: 11:37am On May 25, 2016
Nigeria is hell. Look at this nonsense.
Even with the proliferation of artificial arms and legs in the developed world, you still find thousands of people in northern Nigeria walking about with no arms and legs.
What are their governors and oil billionaires doing with all that money.? A smart artificial arm or leg should not cost more than $10,000-$20,000.
Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by CSTR6: 11:41am On May 25, 2016
bee444:

The Igbos are always guilty of this one. They always include the term 'Igbo' when describing an achievement of a Nigerian that comes from the East.
There is nothing to be proud of here. Maybe the crude effort but that is it.
A sensible igbo man would rather import automated artificial arms and legs parts from china and assemble them at very cheap prices. That is a more worthy venture.
Re: Artificial Limbs Produced By ABUBAKAR Shuaibu-Narkuta, Hausa Man by nzgal: 11:42am On May 25, 2016
Reyginus:
Talented? Smh. This is what anyone who read Prosthesis and Orthotics can do. Quite unfortunate our course have been left to quacks.

This is what I do. Abroad we have the myoelectric prosthesis. I'm thinking how to restore the entire limb by cloning. Don't ask me how.

You're abroad, be is here. I bet you can't do half of this if u were in naija.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg, Yuri Milner And Stephen Hawking To Begin Search For Alien Life. / My LG Plasma Refuses To Start Up (Pictured) / A Look Inside Facebook's Data Center : Where All Your Data Is Stored

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.