Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,275 members, 7,957,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:46 PM

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour (9468 Views)

Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Dazzles In New Photos / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress' / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie At Paris Fashion Week (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by NarnieSnyper(m): 6:31am On May 25, 2016
You guys should quit this ethnic BS abeg, she still represents Nigeria irrespective of her tribe.

Before u begin bash, abu m nwafor igbo. Abu m nwanne unu

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by Nobody: 6:40am On May 25, 2016
NarnieSnyper:
You guys should quit this ethnic BS abeg, she still represents Nigeria irrespective of her tribe.

Before u begin bash, abu m nwafor igbo. Abu m nwanne unu
Pls keep quiet . there's nothing wrong in celebrating the prominent children of the igbo race. Save this BS for the Yorubas when they praise their own people. She is igbo first before Nigerian. The Nigerians you love so much couldn't hide their bigotry and congratulate her online. Compare this with a drug dealing thread and realise the hate is real. We are all we've got so we will support our own.
Congratulations to our beautiful shining star.
#Igbo kwenu

7 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by Nobody: 6:45am On May 25, 2016
x
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by Ice4jez(m): 6:47am On May 25, 2016
Anambaran saving Igbo ass since 98bc
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by purpleblood: 6:56am On May 25, 2016
She's really on the top of her game. She's really blessed, and unique. You've made Nigerians proud. Even when the world think that nothing good would come out Nigeria, you prove them wrong. I think Nigerian girls should learn from you.. but unfortunately, most of our girls had never read any of your book. They spend more time watching: Ini Edo, Mercy Johnson, Yemi Alade, Tiwa Savage and others. Well, the truth is that you've touched more lives and inspired more people than all of them put together. If only our girls could learn from you. Nigeria would be a lot better. If only we encourage the scholars in this country, Nigeria would have been a lot different. Our problem is that we wait for other countries to first identify the talents in our citizens before we appreciate it. Congrats our very Chimamanda. Nigeria would bring back the second noble price soon.

6 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by okeyfrank: 6:56am On May 25, 2016
Big Congratulations to you Sister, our own Chimamanda.

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by Toroze(m): 7:10am On May 25, 2016
Wonderful.....congrats to her. To understand this lady you need to hear her speak

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by kernel501: 7:19am On May 25, 2016
rafabenitez:
Not those yoruba gals,dirty,fat n uncultured.igbo amaka cool

There's no need for that Nwanne.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by shizzle11(m): 7:19am On May 25, 2016
some never doe well will avoid this thread like a plaque....... idiottttaaaas

Well-done Chimamanda!
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by shizzle11(m): 7:21am On May 25, 2016
NarnieSnyper:
[s]You guys should quit this ethnic BS abeg, she still represents Nigeria irrespective of her tribe.

Before u begin bash, abu m nwafor igbo. Abu m nwanne unu[/s]
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by queenfav(f): 7:25am On May 25, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
I see the possibility of a Nobel prize in literature way into the future for Chimamanda.

She's truly a star of the letters. Congrats Ma'am.
i agree with u..but again i feel she is a tad overrated,i have read better from unpopular authors.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by sanity12(m): 7:26am On May 25, 2016
rafabenitez:
am so happy for her and d igbos,,,,,,,,becos it's rare b4 gettin sometin good out of ur mud eroded community.....so I guess u guys sud celebrate her more.......u are stewpid for calling yoruba girls dirty,fat and uncultured....

4 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by HCF(m): 7:30am On May 25, 2016
Another well deserved recognition for the beautiful and brainy contemporary literary icon..Congrats,Chimamanda!

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by basingstoke: 7:34am On May 25, 2016
grayht:
Ndi Igbo making us proud since 85BC

Click like if u agree..
i dont agree, it is since 88BC, U MISSED IT BY 3 YEARS

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by andaxon: 7:39am On May 25, 2016
rafabenitez:
Now it's up Biafra, but when some guys carry cocaine you blame it on the FG. Please learn to observe rules of NL.

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by prodigy97(m): 7:52am On May 25, 2016
ever since I read purple hibiscus I have never stopped loving her.congrat adichie

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by cococandy(f): 7:54am On May 25, 2016
AmericanQuarter:

“We honour your work, your humour, your respect for history, and your vision for the future. In your footsteps, we will all be feminists, unlearning what we have been taught to believe in order to dream for ourselves. Steering clear of the single story in favour of an ever more kaleidoscopic view. Staying true to who we are, messy though that may be.

I think it’s important for young women to remember that they are much stronger than the world tells them that they are.
And the church says amen.

All rise.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by NarnieSnyper(m): 8:01am On May 25, 2016
TellingItAsItIs:

Pls keep quiet . there's nothing wrong in celebrating the prominent children of the igbo race. Save this BS for the Yorubas when they praise their own people. She is igbo first before Nigerian. The Nigerians you love so much couldn't hide their bigotry and congratulate her online. Compare this with a drug dealing thread and realise the hate is real. We are all we've got so we will support our own.
Congratulations to our beautiful shining star.
#Igbo kwenu

Is that all? You have shamed me and the entire South-East for such comment. Anyways, carry on, i have nothing else to tell you.

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by geraldmezi(m): 8:02am On May 25, 2016
the crusader of feminism.... so much love your TED talks from "danger of single story to 'we all should be a feminist '"

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by JudeOkeke: 8:24am On May 25, 2016
Whats the stuff with " you are making Igbos proud, she is a biafran woman...." Personally, am Igbo and we should understand that she is Nigerian and for sure she made Nigerians proud. Sometimes what we say sparks hatred and dissemination amongst us. These are the kind of statement that divides a people. Lets understand that what ever a Nigerian does that honors this country is not for a particular trip, be it Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Igala, Ibibio, etc. Lets learn to be one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by Nobody: 8:35am On May 25, 2016
this lady that was not even born when the civil war happen wrote a book about it. #Fictionist.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by Nobody: 8:41am On May 25, 2016
NarnieSnyper:

Is that all? You have shamed me and the entire South-East for such comment. Anyways, carry on, i have nothing else to tell you.
Receive sense tho. Have a nice day

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by sirwilly1(m): 8:58am On May 25, 2016
nicerichard05:
[quote author=grayht post=45943807]Ndi Igbo making us proud since 85BC
Click like if u agree..Adiche........Ezigbo nwafor igbo keep making us proud..

These are one of the problems we hav in nigeria.

I bet your post would have been the reverse if it had anything to do with drugs.
Solve your problems yourself

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by purpleblood: 9:11am On May 25, 2016
WinningSun:
this lady that was not even born when the civil war happen wrote a book about it. #Fictionist.

Bros your opinion doesn't matter. The lady is winning multiple awards and climbing higher everyday with her fictions. If her story is not good enough, {in Achebe's Voice} Write your own

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by SailorXY: 9:12am On May 25, 2016
This chic is just brilliant. Listen to her speak & you can't help but nod your head in agreement. So much panache & aplomb. My God!

2 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by SailorXY: 9:17am On May 25, 2016
queenfav:
i agree with u..but again i feel she is a tad overrated,i have read better from unpopular authors.
goansidan!

3 Likes

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by bukatyne(f): 9:54am On May 25, 2016
Congrats Chimamanda, keep doing us proud.

I love the fact she stuck to her native name.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by Nobody: 10:37am On May 25, 2016
Naturalization into being an Igbo citizen is open. Deadline 12:00 pm today. hurry and get ur form.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by Orikinla(m): 10:59am On May 25, 2016
Congrats Chima!
We thank Almighty God for your success.
Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by toprealman: 1:14pm On May 25, 2016
name checkers association, una well done oh.
Re: Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Awarded Barnard College’s Highest Honour by Emperoradrian(m): 6:19pm On May 25, 2016
grayht:
Ndi Igbo making us proud since 85BC

Click like if u agree..
...yea,not just Ndi Igbo,but BIAFRANS ..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Stories Of July / Let's Write A Book! / Chimamanda Adichie Wins 2019 Everett M. Rogers Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.