Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:54 AM

Bank Commission On Foreign Transfer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Commission On Foreign Transfer (1072 Views)

Worry Less About Gtbank Restriction On Foreign Transactions / Does It Mean Naira Debit Cards No Longer Work On Foreign Sites? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Commission On Foreign Transfer by felifeli: 9:53am On May 25, 2016
Please if I want to transfer $120 abroad, how much can I hope to pay bank for doing the transfer ?
Re: Bank Commission On Foreign Transfer by shocker007(m): 10:08am On May 25, 2016
felifeli:
Please if I want to transfer $120 abroad, how much can I hope to pay bank for doing the transfer ?

Aside 0.5% rate, you also get charged $25 flat swift fee.
That's UBA, and I think many other banks do same.

Why not use other means for your transfer?
Paypal e.t.c
Re: Bank Commission On Foreign Transfer by felifeli: 10:13am On May 25, 2016
shocker007:

Aside 0.5% rate, you also get charged $25 flat swift fee.
That's UBA, and I think many other banks do same.

Why not use other means for your transfer?
Paypal e.t.c

Which means I will have to move money into my Paypal account . How? Same as transfer isn't it ?
Re: Bank Commission On Foreign Transfer by shocker007(m): 10:17am On May 25, 2016
felifeli:

Which means I will have to move money into my Paypal account . How? Same as transfer isn't it ?

No, you don't incur any other charges other than the amount sent.
However, for the receivers end, he/she incur charges depending on the paypal country. But for UK, no charges.

Let me know the country you sending to so as to advice you better.
Re: Bank Commission On Foreign Transfer by felifeli: 10:26am On May 25, 2016
shocker007:

No, you don't incur any other charges other than the amount sent.
However, for the receivers end, he/she incur charges depending on the paypal country. But for UK, no charges.

Let me know the country you sending to so as to advice you better.
I get what you mean. But if I don't have money in my Paypal account and need to move money into it from Nigeria, the process demands that I also pay bank charges and transfer fees isn't it ?

OK if I am using my visa card how much will be deducted from my account for a $200 payment ? I want to know before I get nasty surprises.
Re: Bank Commission On Foreign Transfer by shocker007(m): 10:38am On May 25, 2016
felifeli:

I get what you mean. But if I don't have money in my Paypal account and need to move money into it from Nigeria, the process demands that I also pay bank charges and transfer fees isn't it ?

OK if I am using my visa card how much will be deducted from my account for a $200 payment ? I want to know before I get nasty surprises.

Depends on the Bank and the type of account you've got.
You only get to pay $200 equivalent in Naira and nothing more.
But for dorm account, Bank like UBA will charge you 2% but not for other banks I know of

(1) (Reply)

Wow!!! Dangote To Spend N4.5bn To The North,his Reasons Will Shock You Read More / Indomie Distributorship / The Right TIME And PLACE To Meet The Right PEOPLE For Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.