Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,867 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:21 PM

What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting (16214 Views)

Advantages And Disadvantages Of Rooting An Android Phone / Disadvantage Of Rooting Your Android Smartphone / Disadvantages Of Buying Smartphones From New Or Unpopular Mobile Brands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Chimdiebere(m): 1:18pm On May 26, 2016
RitzyPrince:
Lol, what are you saying? I wasn't comparing iOS with Android but since you know much, why not tell me what android does that iPhones can't do??
OK OK OK , I get your point lemme not try to rub it in your face
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Superiorwords: 1:40pm On May 26, 2016
Hmmm. Reminds me of the good old days of Symbian hacking... Secman, Norton Symbian Hack etc...
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Mobileman829(m): 2:29pm On May 26, 2016
Do you know that if you root your Infinix phone you will loose the warranty on the phone? And when you root you have opened up a security hole on your device. The best thing is to take your phone to any of that their carlcare centres.
donfineboy:
pls guys how do I root my infinix hot 2 6.0 .I have tried rooting it with my PC and kingroot yet I couldn't root it .help pls
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by RitzyPrince(m): 2:43pm On May 26, 2016
Chimdiebere:
OK OK OK , I get your point lemme not try to rub it in your face
it's crystal clear u ain't got nothing to say, have you tried iOS your whole life?
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Chimdiebere(m): 2:44pm On May 26, 2016
Mobileman829:
Do you know that if you root your Infinix phone you will loose the warranty on the phone? And when you root you have opened up a security hole on your device. The best thing is to take your phone to any of that their carlcare centres.
I have the method in fact 2 methods which I might be able to root infinix hot 2 Marshmallow . Carlcare will never root your phone for you. if you tell them ,they'll start giving you some silly excuses . that's why I said he should add me on Whatsapp, lemme give him the method. Mind you rooting Hot note 2 is easier than Hot2. Be wise think quick
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Chimdiebere(m): 2:47pm On May 26, 2016
RitzyPrince:
it's crystal clear u ain't got nothing to say, have you tried iOS your whole life?
I used it for 2months and sold it off! that was iPhone5 (ios7) . didn't really like a restrictive device like that that prohibits you from doing what you like . Android on the other hand is like a stubborn child you need to correct carefully unless......

1 Like

Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by frankputer: 2:54pm On May 26, 2016
you can root an iphone if and only if your device can be jailbroken or is jailbroken...rooting ehhh...It got a lot of advantages and some disadvantages too....
Gives you freedom. and some times put you into a mess.
i have been jailbreaking apple IOS Iphone since Iphone1 and OS1.
my iphone is currently jailbroken.and well rooted
i have this third party app that i normally use to play music.i just drag and drop into the folder and bam every thing is fine.
but this came with some issue like crashing my IOS showing black screen.does not occur often though but normally occurs when i play music with it.That's the consequence i'm facing with my device right now.i have to do a hard boot to put back the iphone.in fact right now i have to reboot the iphone from my PC because my home button is not functioning well there by making force boot a nightmare.
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by RitzyPrince(m): 2:59pm On May 26, 2016
Chimdiebere:
I used it for 2months and sold it off! that was iPhone5 (ios7) . didn't really like a restrictive device like that that prohibits you from doing what you like . Android on the other hand is like a stubborn child you need to correct carefully unless......
Restrictive device you've been emphasizing, what are those restrictions?
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by ashakata: 4:33pm On May 26, 2016
Does warranty work in Nigeria? sad
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by datigbogirl: 6:23pm On May 26, 2016
osenbarak:
I think the only disadvantage is u will lose ur warranty and ur phone May be bricked

What does it mean by a phone is bricked??
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by skedy1(m): 9:45pm On May 26, 2016
skillet:
Team blackberry. Android illiterate.

Oh,I have a colleague!
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Mascotlawman: 7:44am On May 27, 2016
please guys, I really need a help here. My m3mini is rooted, and since I bought it I have been using glo subscription of 3gb for 1k. Now glo network is very bad in my area, so please I want to know if I subscribe to etisalat 3.5gb for 2k, will it still work on the phone? Besides, I use the hotspot on my laptop sometimes. Hope it will as well work. Help please.
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by frankputer: 11:26am On May 31, 2016
if u buy another one.sale to me.i'm gonna root the hell out of it.
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by patmegame: 2:05pm On May 31, 2016
now I can root my phone
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by patmegame: 2:05pm On May 31, 2016
thanks now I can root my phone
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by osenbarak: 8:06pm On Jun 02, 2016
datigbogirl:

What does it mean by a phone is bricked??
it will go off permanently it won't come in again
Re: What Are The Benefits And The Disadvantages Of Rooting by Okusi(m): 10:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
nonstan:

All I cn do from here is to guide u a bit on d process..u need to buzz me on WhatsApp sha for details wen am less busy..cos I stay in Enugu and will be going to lag next week
pls buzz me ur whatsapp number

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tecno To Launch Spark Series, Starting With Tecno Spark Telephone / Nigeria National Anthem Ringtone / How Much RAM Do You Really Need In Android Smart Device?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.