Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,985 members, 7,817,904 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

6 Exciting Tips That Will Make You “blow” As A Nigerian Artist - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 6 Exciting Tips That Will Make You “blow” As A Nigerian Artist (1887 Views)

How To Blow As An Upcoming Artiste In Nigeria / Any Upcoming Rnb Or Pop Singer/artist? .......i Can Help You Blow / D'banj Was The First Nigerian Artist To Be Featured On The Billboard Charts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6 Exciting Tips That Will Make You “blow” As A Nigerian Artist by entadaplace2: 12:30pm On May 25, 2016
Let us not pretend as if we don’t know hardship inspires music, most people walk to the studio to create junk for us, and tag it “my latest single”.

Music they say is the food of the soul, but nothing leads faster to depression than bad music.

Just because you want to escape the hardship in the country, you then save a little studio money, to once again add to the list of wacked songs out there. My brother “There is God oh”

If you are reading this, and deep within you know studio session money is almost complete, so you can once again add to the tremendous list of wacked songs we are suffering from in this country, biko!! I beg you standing on Amadioha’s left foot, don’t do this to us, don’t release that song, just use the money and eat enough ‘nkwuobi’ and it will do you well.

Wait! Is making it in the Nigerian music industry that hard? Funny enough it’s not, if not, there won’t be room for a Davido, Olamide, Kcee and some of our A’ List artist.

I will be sharing these tips on how to make hit songs in Nigeria with you all, as friends, because believe me, there are little things that we observe but choses to ignore. Here they come people.

1. Nigerians Love A Good Beat

While a song consist of various compartment, from the verses to the chorus, hook and the rest bla bla bla, one can’t overlook the impact, a good beat has on a song.

Please, what did Ycee say in ‘Omo Alhaji’? virtually nothing, he was just repeating the same thing over and over again. And guess what, the song was a hit, not just any hit, a MEGA HIT!

A hit that shot YCEE straight to being an A’ list artist. Are we still in doubt of the amazing prowlers of an amazing beat? Was it not in that same ‘Omo Alhaji’ beats that Jesse Jagz did an awesome rap freestyle and once again, the freestyle became a massive hit amassing hundredth of thousands downloads.

2. Have A Signature Word

Most of our A’ list artist can’t deliver a song without including their signature lines, so I guess you should join them. Please and please don’t ask me why oh….. Just believe that if it is working for them it will work for you.

Popular among them are:- Leggo is for Timaya, ‘Yes oh’ ‘nothing day happen’ for 2Baba, kokolet, ‘koko master’ for D’banj, ‘Whaysayy’ for Patoranking… See eh, I can go on and on, there are too many and I am pretty sure you know them all.

So chose your own, even if it’s ‘Agama lizard’, you want to adopt as your signature line, just stay true to it, and make sure you constantly say it in your song till even you yourself is tired of saying it.

3. Please Don’t Forget To Rhyme

Honestly, is there any hit song in Naija without a strong presence of a rhyme pattern? Just think of a hit song, and automatically the rhyme pattern comes to you. Watch out peeps for the next A’ list artist that will join the fold, the YBNL first lady Temmie, wow!! She totally understands, the rhymes impact on potential hit songs, and she filled her first single with so many of them. Chai, Temmie, even if rhymes is maggi, ‘your own too much naw’

4. Feature An A’List Artist

Now this is like the most important of them all, you can follow all the above tips, and still not make it as an A’ List artist. Why? It’s simple, your name is relatively unknown, and nobody waste their precious MB on an unknown artist.

Now imagine, the ‘Osinachi’ song without Phyno on it, there is a strong tendency that despite how good that song is, it would not have gained the necessary publicity. But Humblesmith I guess knew already of this rule, and he saved more money to add a known name to the song, and boom!! We have a hit in ‘osinachi’ and then the remix with Davido skyrockets him into the heart of almost all Nigerians.

read the rest here:

http://entadaplace. com/6-exciting-tips-will-make-blow-nigerian-artist/

(1) (Reply)

VIDEO + MP3: Lil Kesh – Problem Child Ft. Olamide / Video/mp4 Video Download + Lyrics: Harrysong – Samankwe Ft. Timaya / New Music: Olamide - Love No Go Die - Mp3 Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.