Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,419 members, 7,819,513 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Scholes Hopes Mourinho Keeps Giggs At Manchester United - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Scholes Hopes Mourinho Keeps Giggs At Manchester United (265 Views)

Enyimba FC Throws Shade At Manchester United After UCL Ouster / Jose Mourinho: Man Utd Boss Blasts Paul Scholes / Michael Carrick And Paul Scholes Are My Mentor -PAUL POGBA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scholes Hopes Mourinho Keeps Giggs At Manchester United by onyekamikkyval: 12:38pm On May 25, 2016
Ryan Giggs’ vast knowledge of Manchester United should be retained by Jose Mourinho if he takes charge at Old Trafford, says Paul Scholes.
Mourinho is poised to replace Louis van Gaal in the Old Trafford hot seat after the Dutchman was sacked on Monday, just two days after leading United to FA Cup glory.
Giggs served as Van Gaal’s assistant for two years, and had been tipped to take the top job after the former Barcelona coach’s planned departure in 2017, but Mourinho is expected to hire his own staff, including long-term right-hand man Rui Faria. This has put Giggs’ future in doubt, with reports suggesting that the 13-time English Premier League winner may take the opportunity to launch a managerial career elsewhere.
But Scholes believes his former team-mate and close friend’s in-depth knowledge of United should be cultivated by Mourinho and his staff.
“I’ve not spoken to him for a few days but hopefully he will still be involved,” Scholes told talkSPORT.
“He’s got great experience, he knows the club inside out.
“I think everybody involved with the club and the fans especially would love him to be involved in some way – whether it is assistant or just helping him (Mourinho) being around the place.
“He has been there for nearly 30 years now, he knows the players, he knows what type of football is expected and hopefully he can be of assistance somehow.”

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

NPFL Week 20 Review: Kano Pillars End Plateau United Unbeaten Run As Ranger, Wik / And Pulls Out The "I Told / Brazil Official Olympic 2016 Song And Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.