Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:03 AM

BE Proud Of Your Means Of Livelihood As Long As Its Genuine - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / BE Proud Of Your Means Of Livelihood As Long As Its Genuine (431 Views)

Nigerian Lady, Olabisi Is A Carpenter & She's Very Proud Of It (Pics) / Male Nigerian Nurse: Proud Of His Profession / PHOTOS: This Pretty Girl Is A Tomato Seller And Very Proud Of It! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BE Proud Of Your Means Of Livelihood As Long As Its Genuine by darlington15(m): 1:54pm On May 25, 2016
just saw this on facebook and decided to share it. Be proud of your source of livelihood, as long as it is an honest means. Often, we get so fixated on what people think about our jobs and avenues from which we eke out a living. Truth is that nobody really cares. Linda Ikeji peddles gossips and rumour and that's how she feeds. Lai Mohammed lies for Africa and makes his living from there. You are doing tomatoes business, John is a driver, I am a teacher and that is how we all put food on our tables.
The banker, the Teacher, the doctor, the lawyer, the bread-hawker, Iya Basira, Mai Suya, the President, the truck-pusher, the cleaner, the security man, the waitress, the sales boy, the blogger, the OAP, the actor, the musician, the pastor, etc, they all have one thing in common.
One thing.
Money.
They are in it for money, because money pays for the satisfaction of our needs.
When it comes to providing your needs, your source of income is immaterial; except you are having a discussion on how to increase your earning.
If you don't do that work, who will give you money? You are to work and earn a living.
There are drivers who earn as much or even more than some bankers. So what's the fuss about putting on suits and sitting in an air-conditioned office? Is it Your air-conditioner?
Some people are so ashamed of their jobs that they can never proudly tell you what they do for a living.
You can't go through life in that manner.
As long as you can feed yourself, cloth yourself, provide a shelter and other necessities for yourself, your source of income is worth celebrating.
Be proud of what you do but don't be complacent.
Be progressive.
Seek for ways to become better at it or get something better.
There is always room for improvement. If you are a graduate, don't sit idly waiting for that dream job. Start where you are. Start with something. If its something that requires an SSCE cert, then use it. The sky won't fall down, rather you will be saving your own life.
Any friend or person that can't offer you something better, but mocks what you do, does not deserve your friendship. Cut them off. If someone thinks your job is demeaning, he/she should offer you a better job or shut up.
anybody that doesn't pay your bills doesn't have a say in your life.
This life is not where you run your personal affairs strictly on what people say.
It is your life, your word is final.
A lot of young people have gotten into mess trying to get rich quick just to impress people. In the end it became apparent that it wasn't really about their happiness and comfort but the desire to feel among; to please others.
I can't soil my hands in evil just to get rich and impress folks.
You are first going to be rich for you, before any other person. So, don't fight for wealth because you want to impress. Let no one put you under any form of pressure. If I feel you are entering under my skin, I just withdraw. I hate pressure.
I decide the pace of my life not you. If I don't own something today, it doesn't mean I won't own it ever. Hardwork, diligence and honesty are so important to me.
There is really no job called menial. I have never seen money with the inscription, "gotten-from-me
nial-jobs".
Money is money.
Quantity might differ but it is still money.
The only menial/demeaning job I know is begging. Strangely, some people have even dignified begging in such a way that there is something known as corporate begging.
Odiegwu indeed!
Nigerians would travel to other nations and be doing so-called menial jobs; come back here and start acting like Bosses. If you are proud of being a cleaner in Canada, why can't you be proud of it in Nigeria? Is it not the same money? Different currencies I know, but money is still money.
How people go into armed robbery,rituals, kidnapping and other illegal activities is when they have been convinced that their jobs isn't worth doing.
The only honourable job is that which requires honesty, diligence and hardwork.
Be proud of that job that puts food on your table. We all mustn't be doctors, lawyers, Engineers, Pilots, Professors, etc. Discover your own and own it.
Your job is more important than those who mock you, but can't do anything to better your life. Your job is a life saver, accord it the deserved respect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BE Proud Of Your Means Of Livelihood As Long As Its Genuine by Chuksemi(m): 11:44am On May 26, 2016
This article is needed by tens of millions in this country. Lack of dignity of labour is the reason why unemployment is rampant in this country.

Please paragraph your post.
Re: BE Proud Of Your Means Of Livelihood As Long As Its Genuine by xristos(m): 12:29pm On May 26, 2016
On point!....fp material

(1) (Reply)

Help! I Need A Job / It Is Okay To Be Different – Stanley Awelewa / Different Management Courses Are Discussed Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.