Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August (2311 Views)

Leicester City Vs Manchester United (5 - 3) On 21st September 2014 / Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 / Wigan Vs Chelsea (0 - 2) On 19th August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by Cristalz(f): 12:49am On Aug 21, 2009
Manchester United were stunned by Burnley in their last Prem game, suffering a 1-0 defeat at Turf Moor. Overall, it was a poor display by the defending champions.
Michael Owen was nowhere to be found in attack; as a result, it's doubtful that Sir Alex will start him at the DW stadium. Dimitar Berbatov who came off the bench during the Burnley game is more likely to start, pairing up with the hardworking Wayne Rooney. Midfielder Nani is doubtful for this game.  .  .his absence is being felt by the team as he provides a substantial amount of weight in attack. Newcomer Valencia is another attacking threat, though his performance is not yet completely satisfactory.
In defense, the Red Devils are just managing to hold their own. Patrice Evra has been the mainstay of the defense so far with his tireless efforts. Wes Brown and Gary Neville for some reason don't seem to be holding up so well. The absence of Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic continues to be felt by team United, as well as the absence of Van der Saar. Ben Foster is still quite shaky, and it remains to be seen if he can hold his own against Wigan on Saturday.
Admittedly the team is trying to adjust to life without Cristiano Ronaldo and Tevez, but Sir Alex and his boys need to reassure fans that the team remains as skilled and solid as it was last season, even during times when Ronaldo was absent from the pitch. Wigan have got the home advantage and they will use every bit of it to keep United from getting any points.

Wigan Athletic defeated Aston Villa in their first game, and then turned right around to lose to newly promoted Wolverhampton. The unpredictability of football. grin
How they intend to play this game out remains to be seen, but one thing that's certain is that they will not let United have it easy. N'zogbia and Rodallega played pretty well against Wolverhampton, so they're expected to step up the pressure in this game as well.
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by Borat1: 12:58am On Aug 21, 2009
All i can say is hahahahahahahahaha!! grin
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by mukina2: 1:58am On Aug 21, 2009
lol grin
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by chic2pimp(m): 2:26am On Aug 21, 2009
Buncha assnal twats soiling dis forum grin grin grin.
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by aieromon(m): 4:30am On Aug 21, 2009
Typical ManU to be slow off the startin' blocks.
We just need a few more games to gel.
BTW who should be our official penalty taker now that CR7 is no more?
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by FBS: 8:02am On Aug 21, 2009
aieromon:

Typical ManU to be slow off the startin' blocks.
We just need a few more games to gel.
BTW who should be our official penalty taker now that CR7 is no more?
Carrick. grin
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by MrCrackles(m): 8:08am On Aug 21, 2009
Cristalz:

Michael Owen was nowhere to be found in attack;
The earlier you guys realise you have a major dud in the ranks of Obertans, the better. .
Scoring goals in preseason against a buncha useless amateurs in South Korea blinded most scummies. . .They thought he was the next big thing after toast breast!
Useless buncha Obertans!! grin
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by FBS: 8:18am On Aug 21, 2009
hehehe. . . grin
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by Cristalz(f): 8:56am On Aug 21, 2009
See their big hater heads. tongue grin

FBS:

Carrick. grin

You're not serious. grin Like your team is any better at spot kicks. tongue
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by FBS: 9:10am On Aug 21, 2009
Cristalz:

See their big hater heads. tongue grin
You're not serious. grin Like your team is any better at spot kicks. tongue
Oh yes I'm serious.  cool
The last time we played what happened? yeah you know the scores.  tongue grin
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by hollandis(f): 9:20am On Aug 21, 2009
who wan win wigan for JJB stadium?
Man United= 0 over 2 in 2 games
who go bet?
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by BinghiNya(m): 9:59am On Aug 21, 2009
@hoallandis,

wigan have lost all their meetings with United since EPL. Check the record books. Wigan 1 United 3
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 21, 2009
With reference to the match between Manure and lowly rated but humble Burnley.
Is it right to conclude that, that damp squib A.K.A Michael Uwem is basking in the glory of a few seasons ago?
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by toosoon(m): 10:44am On Aug 21, 2009
Wigan 1 Manchester United 1
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by hollandis(f): 11:28am On Aug 21, 2009
BinghiNya:

@hoallandis,

wigan have lost all their meetings with United since EPL. Check the record books. Wigan 1 United 3
Bookmakers were proved wrong against burnley.JJB is the most difficult venue to win an away tie.
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by tayoccu(m): 11:59am On Aug 21, 2009
I feel so sorry for Wigan, manure will so thrash them.

*then lose to the gunners the week after*
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by IYANGBALI: 1:33pm On Aug 21, 2009
MANCHESTER UNITED ALL THE WAY TILL THE END OF LIFE NO SHAKING
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by galatico(m): 1:44pm On Aug 21, 2009
Wigan will defeat Manchester United 1-0, Man U could not beat ordinary Burnley, they are destined for doom after the departure of CR7 and Carlos Tevez grin grin grin
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by tayoccu(m): 1:57pm On Aug 21, 2009
galatico:

Wigan will defeat Manchester United 1-0, Man U could not beat ordinary Burnley, they are destined for doom after the departure of CR7 and Carlos Tevez grin grin grin

i'm not a manc, but i don't see it ending that way
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by chic2pimp(m): 3:07pm On Aug 21, 2009
Seems everyone is predicting doom and gloom for the scummies. O.k fair enough,but wot beats me is the amount of trophyless gaynners on this thread whose team have not won a meaningful trophy for four years soon to be five but still have the guts to show their faces here. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by allboyz(m): 4:27pm On Aug 21, 2009
wigan wins by 2 - 1

worst its gonna end in a draw. . .

sincerely,i dont see UTD picking 3 point from this game! - they are under pressure now and knowing fully well that they will play ARSENAL FC next week. . .its gonna be interesting. . . .

UTD may end up in 6th / 8th this season shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by tayoccu(m): 4:37pm On Aug 21, 2009
let's remove sentiments and beef i don't see the mancs finishing out of da top 3
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by Uby40(m): 5:29pm On Aug 21, 2009
why is it thay ManUtd is always slow picking up each season, is it that they dont get it right in presaeson?well,this season is sure different, at least u pick a magician back then,but right now there are just unbelieveably aweful, Micheal 'Omen', damn!!, the chap has totally forgotten how to score even an offside call. was 'Frecky' drunk when he went for him?
well for the good of the game,i have to wish ya'll goodluck,cos it wud be awful to hear u guys never made "the Big four".
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by IYANGBALI: 5:42pm On Aug 21, 2009
player haters can go on and say whatever they like MAN U[/b]would win the league at the end of the season.

[b]NO MAN U NO FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTBALL
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by mykali(m): 6:53pm On Aug 21, 2009
Damn . . .if it was 2 seasons ago, when Scum United were on fire . . .
i woulda predicted a . . .did i say predict?
it would surely have been a 3-0 trashing
but now . . . the post Ronaldo era continues to be difficult for the Scummies
A draw is the best United can get out of this
I know they'll come back to full force against the DiaperBoizTM next week
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by BinghiNya(m): 7:16pm On Aug 21, 2009
I no fit shout. United will thrash Wigan anywhere in the world. Wolves won there and United has the Indian sign over them.
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by bydot1(m): 7:21pm On Aug 21, 2009
Well, no comment for now
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by tkb417(m): 7:35pm On Aug 21, 2009
Manchester United were stunned by Burnley in their last Prem game, suffering a 1-0 defeat at Turf Moor. Overall, it was a poor display by the defending champions.
Michael Owen was nowhere to be found in attack; as a result, it's doubtful that Sir Alex will start him at the DW stadium. Dimitar Berbatov who came off the bench during the Burnley game is more likely to start, pairing up with the hardworking Wayne Rooney. Midfielder Nani is doubtful for this game. . .his absence is being felt by the team as he provides a substantial amount of weight in attack. Newcomer Valencia is another attacking threat, though his performance is not yet completely satisfactory.
In defense, the Red Devils are just managing to hold their own. Patrice Evra has been the mainstay of the defense so far with his tireless efforts. Wes Brown and Gary Neville for some reason don't seem to be holding up so well. The absence of Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic continues to be felt by team United, as well as the absence of Van der Saar. Ben Foster is still quite shaky, and it remains to be seen if he can hold his own against Wigan on Saturday.
Admittedly the team is trying to adjust to life without Cristiano Ronaldo and Tevez, but Sir Alex and his boys need to reassure fans that the team remains as skilled and solid as it was last season, even during times when Ronaldo was absent from the pitch. Wigan have got the home advantage and they will use every bit of it to keep United from getting any points.

Wigan Athletic defeated Aston Villa in their first game, and then turned right around to lose to newly promoted Wolverhampton. The unpredictability of football.
How they intend to play this game out remains to be seen, but one thing that's certain is that they will not let United have it easy. N'zogbia and Rodallega played pretty well against Wolverhampton, so they're expected to step up the pressure in this game as well.
na lamentation full this write up
chei!! UTD don suffer

imagine

Newcomer Valencia is another attacking threat, though his performance is not yet completely satisfactory.
hmmmm, how did u come about this? dude played one game and he was superb!
we have only played 2 games this season grin grin

crizzle the coachieto grin
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by Emperoh(m): 8:13pm On Aug 21, 2009
TK
I am still not convinced about Valencia. . , his runs are still suspect.
One benefit of the doubt though, he is still to gel with the team!!
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by Phony200(m): 8:37pm On Aug 21, 2009
All gloomers are supposed to be on leave till december. Y'all know that the Christmas relegation myth doesn't hold anymore. The Community shield myth is also fallen. I recall the season Man Utd were 16th at a point and we still won the league. Liverfools had 12 points over us, we still beat them with some to spare so kini big deal? See, let us lose to Wigan and dem Diaperboyz. I don't give three-fifth of a uckfay. Let's be bottom by december so y'all can scream relegation. We'll still end strongly.
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by Phony200(m): 8:38pm On Aug 21, 2009
All gloomers are supposed to be on leave till december. Y'all know that the Christmas relegation myth doesn't hold anymore. The Community shield myth is also fallen. I recall the season Man Utd were 16th at a point and we still won the league. Liverfools had 12 points over us, we still beat them with some to spare so kini big deal? See, let us lose to Wigan and dem Diaperboyz. I don't give three-fifth of a uckfay. Let's be bottom by december so y'all can scream relegation. We'll still end strongly.
Re: Wigan (0) Vs Manchester United (5) On Saturday 22nd August by hooged: 9:46pm On Aug 21, 2009
@ all man utd haters,Bleep u all paddle ur canoe,let united rule, i bet it burnley' are goin back to championship,its tradition.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Fulham [1 - 0] On Wednesday 11th November 2010 / Pics: Amazing Collection Of Cristiano Ronaldo's Cars! / Predict 5 Correct Scores For Free To Win #5,000,000 Simply Predict The Outcomes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.