Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,085 members, 7,818,250 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England (67690 Views)

Tin Milk In Nigeria Vs Tin Milk Abroad: Canada Based Nigerian Man Bemoan (photo) / N1000 Tomatoes That I Saw Today In Lagos / The N600 Fresh Tomatoes I Bought Today At The Market.. Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Lexusgs430: 5:47pm On May 26, 2016
souljaboi51:
Tomato Wahala: See What Mum Brought From England

Hi guys, usually when mum travels, she brings stuffs like clothes, chocolates and stuff. this is usually the norm for those who can relate. But this time around, she brought a box load of this. Got it at tesco for 3 for £1. so far so good it has been serving us well in this trying times grin

She should have gone to Aldi or Lidl, she would have easily bought 10 cans for £1.
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Sunnynwa: 5:47pm On May 26, 2016
RaptorX:
You think I can't see that it's chopped tomatoes?

It's possible.
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Sunnynwa: 5:48pm On May 26, 2016
Lexusgs430:

She should have gone to Aldi or Lidl, she would have easily bought 10 cans for £1.

Not true. The cheapest you can get it is 4 for £1

3 Likes

Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Nobody: 5:48pm On May 26, 2016
but come oh OP... ur profile location shows UK ... tomato scarcity reach there too?
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by ademolaaoc(m): 5:48pm On May 26, 2016
Lovely, but I am providing remedy already for young bachelors and sprinters.

1 Like

Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Lexusgs430: 5:48pm On May 26, 2016
Achorise:
PLS what is the real csuse of the scarcity?

Tomato Ebola, not to use the big big grammar
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Lexusgs430: 5:50pm On May 26, 2016
Sunnynwa:

Not true. The cheapest you can get it is 4 for £1
Have you been during thier £ buster sale periods?
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by GloriaNinja(f): 5:53pm On May 26, 2016
palm kernel is even better than tomatoes
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Lexusgs430: 5:53pm On May 26, 2016
Baroba:

Few years ago, you could get these for 5 for a £1. These are the cheaper variety, good quality tomatoes will cost you about 85p for a tin.

Haba, was it planted by the Royal family? Would it taste any better? Would the difference be identified by the tongue, mouth and belly?
Tomato nah Tomato joor

1 Like

Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Sunnynwa: 5:54pm On May 26, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Have you been during thier £ buster sale periods?

I'm a regular at LIDL. Daily shopper
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by nkowaputa(m): 5:54pm On May 26, 2016
faorex:
if only my mum can get this too.yesterday soup was just too peppery. cry

Oh! Ur mum is abroad too?
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Lexusgs430: 5:56pm On May 26, 2016
Sunnynwa:

I'm a regular at LIDL. Daily shopper

You are the ones increasing their marketshare and Killing Tesco's, sainsbury's, waitrose, Morrisons and asda's.
Diaris God o
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by ikukuhero: 5:57pm On May 26, 2016
souljaboi51:

Hi guys, usually when mum travels, she brings stuffs like clothes, chocolates and stuff. this is usually the norm for those who can relate. But this time around, she brought a box load of this. Got it at tesco for 3 for £1. so far so good it has been serving us well in this trying times grin

That rubbish with only 3 or 4 peeled tomatoes and lots of water or juice in it? It's surely not worth the stress. Besides, you can get same at justrite superstore at Abule- Egba or Iyana Ipaja etc. We have tinned tomatoes here too. So, your Mum needn't go through the stress of bringing in those things.
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 26, 2016
Chai! CHAINGEeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by HAH: 6:03pm On May 26, 2016
And people called those producing Nigeria tomatoes parasites

Imagine pepper,onion and meat too are as scarce as this tomato ?

So north to is important as without what they produce there will be no good soup

Every region is important and there is reason why God brought us together
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Akinaukwa: 6:08pm On May 26, 2016
I am coming, let me go and check price of tomatoes today before i comment.
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by omauchay(f): 6:11pm On May 26, 2016
souljaboi51:

so you made front page.. grin meanwhile no more stew in my house..its either jollof or banga..all because of tomato wahala. grin

1 Like

Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by OlujobaSamuel: 6:15pm On May 26, 2016
faorex:
thanks, i cant just eat the well prepared EFO i had to take bread
I thought there is no need for tomato while preparing efo? anyway sha, all with his taste, I prefer it without tomato.
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by wirinet(m): 6:26pm On May 26, 2016
euromilion:
Can people not plant tomatoes in their backyards?am sick of hearing tomatoes in the news.

Tomatoes are easily planted,and doesn't take long to grow,so pple get planting.

If you plant tomatoes in your backyard, also buy an Ak-47 to guard it, at N40,000 per basket, robbers would prefer that tomato to that your android phone.

1 Like

Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by jesuspikinjp(m): 6:26pm On May 26, 2016
wordychap:
My brother, we had resorted to using that since
how we co do, costs N209 here

oh my, God the plum tomato is even cheaper in England, na food dey take 70 percent of Nigerians salaries.

2 Likes

Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by otiigba1(m): 6:27pm On May 26, 2016
RaptorX:
3 for £1? Food must be very cheap in the UK. One of those cans is like $3 in the US.
what?! Really? shocked food must be very expensive in the US then. If you catch me in the US ehn?....
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Nobody: 6:28pm On May 26, 2016
Canned foods contains high levels of sodium,chemicals nd preservatives nd its dangerous since u would be eating in packs
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by jesuspikinjp(m): 6:29pm On May 26, 2016
ikukuhero:

That rubbish with only 3 or 4 peeled tomatoes and lots of water or juice in it? It's surely not worth the stress. Besides, you can get same at justrite superstore at Abule- Egba or Iyana Ipaja etc. We have tinned tomatoes here too. So, your Mum needn't go through the stress of bringing in those things.

maybe she bought it cuz it's cheaper over there
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 26, 2016
whats really the cause of the scarcity of tomatoes?
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by hotdi(m): 6:30pm On May 26, 2016
And so what?
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by otiigba1(m): 6:30pm On May 26, 2016
Baroba:

Few years ago, you could get these for 5 for a £1. These are the cheaper variety, good quality tomatoes will cost you about 85p for a tin.
85p? Were have you been shopping you can get good quality for 25p in LIDL a tin
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by ronald4lif(m): 6:32pm On May 26, 2016
Are you sure you didn't buy this yourself and took this pics in England, then just claimed mum bought and flew with it to make the story sweet.

Pishure of you and the tomatoes in a Nigerian background or you know the rest.

1 Like

Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by Pamelayoung: 6:38pm On May 26, 2016
Na tomato ebola cause am so I heard
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by ronald4lif(m): 6:38pm On May 26, 2016
crazygod:
Just four comments and it made front page? How na

Dude took those pics himself in the UK. His mum didn't bring any sh1t to Naija. His claim was fabricated to make the story sweet and possibly hit FP.

I challenge him to take pics of the tomatoes in a Naija background, even without his face but the tomatoes showing. Cheap stunt.

1 Like

Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by DrHighchief(m): 6:49pm On May 26, 2016
Dem dey use Forex or they remove subsidy from tomato? Tomato don scarce pass petrol. Na wa ooooo
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by wordychap: 6:53pm On May 26, 2016
jesuspikinjp:

na food dey take 70 percent of Nigerians salaries.
O yes, in d present day economy
Re: Mum Brought Tin Tomatoes From England by kemthegirl(f): 6:55pm On May 26, 2016
faorex:
if only my mum can get this too.yesterday soup was just too peppery. cry
no vex oh. Ya mama dey use tomatoes cool soup undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

A Picture Of Vincent Enyeama Cooking Okro Soup / The ₦5,000 Tortoise I Bought And Ate (Photos) / Bush Rabbit We Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.