Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,812 members, 7,813,676 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

How Can One Start A Payment Processing Company Without Using Interswitch? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can One Start A Payment Processing Company Without Using Interswitch? (3756 Views)

Paystack,interswitch,quickteller,access Bank And Fidelity Paygate Integrator / How To Get Paid With Payoneer Account | Request A Payment From Your Clien / How Is Paystack & Interswitch Gateway Implemented On Website Or Mobile App??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can One Start A Payment Processing Company Without Using Interswitch? by CreativeWeb(m): 5:49pm On May 26, 2016
I need someone that will give me a headup on how one can start a payment processing company without becoming a reseller of Interswitch like voguepay, simplepay, cashenvoy, etc are currently doing.

How can one have a direct connection with Mastercard, Visa and other cards and process the card payments through his portal. Just like what 2checkout.com and payu.com are doing.

cc: adewasco2k, please push it to front page to get wider audience.

Thanks.
Re: How Can One Start A Payment Processing Company Without Using Interswitch? by bigtt76(f): 6:27pm On May 26, 2016
They won't deal with you except through a bank to do the acquiring of the card transactions. The least you can do is to use Global Pay which is available through Access Bank, StanbicIBTC, Zenith Bank but their fees are a bit outrageous. 3% per transaction and 5k monthly maintenance charge.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Start A Payment Processing Company Without Using Interswitch? by CreativeWeb(m): 8:34pm On May 26, 2016
bigtt76:
They won't deal with you except through a bank to do the acquiring of the card transactions. The least you can do is to use Global Pay which is available through Access Bank, StanbicIBTC, Zenith Bank but their fees are a bit outrageous. 3% per transaction and 5k monthly maintenance charge.

3% per transaction is outrageous. I will like to approach the Cards directly through a bank. It will be cheaper.
Re: How Can One Start A Payment Processing Company Without Using Interswitch? by bigtt76(f): 4:10am On May 27, 2016
Trust me it's not cheaper. Except you can assure of volumes in transaction count of 100k or more will charges be lower for you. I had cause to contact them directly hence my knowledge of this.

CreativeWeb:

3% per transaction is outrageous. I will like to approach the Cards directly through a bank. It will be cheaper.
Re: How Can One Start A Payment Processing Company Without Using Interswitch? by appsintell: 5:34am On May 27, 2016
Why would you want to start such a complex business. ...?..i owned a payment processing company so I can authoritatively tell you you need deep pockets to make it happen
Re: How Can One Start A Payment Processing Company Without Using Interswitch? by yomalex(m): 5:36am On May 27, 2016
Deep Pockets
Re: How Can One Start A Payment Processing Company Without Using Interswitch? by FincoApps(m): 8:34am On May 27, 2016
CreativeWeb:
I need someone that will give me a headup on how one can start a payment processing company without becoming a reseller of Interswitch like voguepay, simplepay, cashenvoy, etc are currently doing.

How can one have a direct connection with Mastercard, Visa and other cards and process the card payments through his portal. Just like what 2checkout.com and payu.com are doing.

Thanks.

You will need to get a license from Visa and Master card in order for you to charge directly, however I heard it is very expensive. Furthermore, after you probably go through that stress, it would take you hell to build your reputation so people can trust you.... for example, I don't put my card info if don't see "WebPay" by interswitch.... some don't even put their card details anywhere.

Also for some strange reason. Interswith has a strong relationship with Nigerian banks and I heard none of the Nigerian banks would deal with any company that isn't Interswitch.... so overall, I would tell you it is not feasible to do that
Re: How Can One Start A Payment Processing Company Without Using Interswitch? by CreativeWeb(m): 11:12am On May 27, 2016
FincoApps:

You will need to get a license from Visa and Master card in order for you to charge directly, however I heard it is very expensive. Furthermore, after you probably go through that stress, it would take you hell to build your reputation so people can trust you.... for example, I don't put my card info if don't see "WebPay" by interswitch.... some don't even put their card details anywhere.

Also for some strange reason. Interswith has a strong relationship with Nigerian banks and I heard none of the Nigerian banks would deal with any company that isn't Interswitch.... so overall, I would tell you it is not feasible to do that

It's feasible. We want to disrupt the industry and give Interswitch a serious pressure. Monopoly kills innovation. We need serious competition in the e-payment industry in Nigeria.

Deep pocket is not the issue.

Connection with banks is not a problem.

I just need to sample opinions and get to wrap my head around this business model.

Just tell me everything you know about the industry.

Don't just bother telling me the reasons why I will not make it. I can't believe that because e-payment industry in Nigeria does not belong to Interswitch alone. We are coming in and we are not backing out.

4 Likes

Re: How Can One Start A Payment Processing Company Without Using Interswitch? by FincoApps(m): 12:30pm On May 27, 2016
CreativeWeb:

It's feasible. We want to disrupt the industry and give Interswitch a serious pressure. Monopoly kills innovation. We need serious competition in the e-payment industry in Nigeria.

I just need to sample opinions and get to wrap my head around this business model.

Don't just bother telling me the reasons why I will not make it. I can't believe that because e-payment industry in Nigeria does not belong to Interswitch alone. We are coming in and we are not backing out.

I agree with most of your points because I personally don't like the 100% dependence on Interswitch in Nigeria. So you can go ahead.... I support

As for bank support... I hope you know what you are saying...
Re: How Can One Start A Payment Processing Company Without Using Interswitch? by CreativeWeb(m): 1:37pm On May 27, 2016
FincoApps:

I agree with most of your points because I personally don't like the 100% dependence on Interswitch in Nigeria. So you can go ahead.... I support

As for bank support... I hope you know what you are saying...

It can't be true that all the banks in Nigeria want to deal with Interswitch alone. That cannot be possible. Again, I say, bank connection is not the problem. Aside that one of us is a bank guru of many years experience, I can tell you that what we are bringing to the table is irresistible. Any bank that will turn down our proposal will have itself to blame when the game is up.

Have you read about Blue Ocean Strategy? Google it.
Re: How Can One Start A Payment Processing Company Without Using Interswitch? by cbrass(m): 1:27am On May 28, 2016
CreativeWeb:

I like your spirit, this are the kind of people I love to work with, people that challenge the norm . Ride on bro. Well I don't know much but if you have the bank support, approach this card bearers like MasterCard etc, you may start with one of them first then look for a services you can sponsor and will be so captivating and cheap that users won't think twice to pay, the reason I said this is because most Nigerians do pay on delivery except you do ATM cards too and POS services , I believe there is an unholy alliance between interswitch and the banks
Re: How Can One Start A Payment Processing Company Without Using Interswitch? by talk2hb1(m): 3:56pm On Apr 10, 2017
Following
Re: How Can One Start A Payment Processing Company Without Using Interswitch? by ohameakpu: 1:20pm On Apr 18, 2020
CreativeWeb:

Thanks.
I have been thinking about this lately.
Re: How Can One Start A Payment Processing Company Without Using Interswitch? by codekobo: 3:31pm On Apr 28, 2020
You would need a huge capital to even begin the process
Re: How Can One Start A Payment Processing Company Without Using Interswitch? by abeyusuf: 4:02pm On Sep 06, 2020
Same here. I have an ecommerce startup and I would like to see how the payment gateway guys got their start.
When people say deep pockets,how deep is deep? One man's ocean is another's pond grin
Re: How Can One Start A Payment Processing Company Without Using Interswitch? by talk2hb1(m): 6:32pm On Sep 06, 2020
abeyusuf:
Same here. I have an ecommerce startup and I would like to see how the payment gateway guys got their start.
When people say deep pockets,how deep is deep? One man's ocean is another's pond grin
Guy no be yam, deep pocket is not enough
Re: How Can One Start A Payment Processing Company Without Using Interswitch? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Sep 07, 2020
Well there's a service called openbanking.ng or Open Banking Nigeria that gives direct access free of charge but you need a lot of certifications and PCI compliance to be granted access to their API.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Start A Payment Processing Company Without Using Interswitch? by DivineSkills70: 8:18pm On Feb 09, 2021
any update on this, please?
I want to partner with anyone that can provide a white-label service.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Start A Payment Processing Company Without Using Interswitch? by NigAmbassador: 9:15pm On Apr 12, 2021
DanTheGeek:
Well there's a service called openbanking.ng or Open Banking Nigeria that gives direct access free of charge but you need a lot of certifications and PCI compliance to be granted access to their API.

I need more clarity on this? how can I contact you?
Re: How Can One Start A Payment Processing Company Without Using Interswitch? by Desmog21(m): 4:09pm On Dec 08, 2021
Tag me along. I'm interested

(1) (Reply)

How To Increase Your Adsense Earnings / How To Improve Your Blog Revenue / Wordpress

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.