Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,500 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Nigeria Forces DSTV To Stop Airing Transgender Show - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigeria Forces DSTV To Stop Airing Transgender Show (736 Views)

Churchill Stops Tonto Dikeh And Linda Ikeji From Airing "King Tonto" Reality TV / Stop Airing Your Marital Problems On Social Media-uche Ogbodo / Updated: Petition To Stop Airing BIG BROTHER NIGERIA Hits 15000 + (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Forces DSTV To Stop Airing Transgender Show by zicoraads: 7:19pm On May 26, 2016
A reality show about Caitlyn Jenner becoming a transgender woman will no longer be shown in Africa following complaints from viewers, its South African broadcaster said.
Multichoice said "I am Cait" would be dropped out of respect for customers' views and Africa's diverse regulatory environments.
The move came after a request from Nigerian authorities, reports said.
Multichoice's DSTV service broadcasts to the whole continent.
Trans woman: "I left Nigeria to save my life"
ADVERTISEMENT

Why toilets matter to trans rights
Caitlyn Jenner was a gold medal-winning Olympic athlete as Bruce Jenner before announcing her decision to become a woman in April 2015.
Some parents in Nigeria had said they did not want their children to watch Ms Jenner's show, Nigerian media reported.
It is the second time the Nigerian Broadcasting Commission (NBC) has asked pan-African broadcasters to stop showing transgender-related material, South African media said.
Last October, the NBC asked Multichoice to stop broadcasting "I am Jazz", a show about a transgender woman, Channel 24 reported.
Critics say the decisions risk setting a precedent where a single country can effectively decide what TV viewers across the whole continent can watch.

www.bbc.com/news/world

Lalasticlala, Fynestboi grin lipsrsealed

Re: Nigeria Forces DSTV To Stop Airing Transgender Show by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 26, 2016
Good!!

The kind of stomach-churning programs DSTV broadcasts, more needs to be banned

These Oyibos want to corrupt us to the limit, such a shame we're losing our cultures slowly
Re: Nigeria Forces DSTV To Stop Airing Transgender Show by madridguy(m): 7:23pm On May 26, 2016
GOOD DEVELOPMENT.
Re: Nigeria Forces DSTV To Stop Airing Transgender Show by David25(m): 8:04pm On May 26, 2016
This is nothing. Viewers don't have to watch anything they don't want to weather it's airing or not.
Re: Nigeria Forces DSTV To Stop Airing Transgender Show by icebebe(f): 8:06pm On May 26, 2016
I dnt even lik the show it disgust me
Re: Nigeria Forces DSTV To Stop Airing Transgender Show by Nobody: 8:15pm On May 26, 2016
i hate i am caitlyn jenner show *still trying to understand the show* he still look like a man.
Re: Nigeria Forces DSTV To Stop Airing Transgender Show by crazymommy(f): 8:34pm On May 26, 2016
That show is boring and useless...good riddance to bad rubbish..

(1) (Reply)

Chris Brown’s Babymama Throws Frozen Themed Birthday Party For Royalty / REVEALED! Read What Really Killed Coach Amodu Shuaibu / Because Lil Kesh Started A Label, Everyone Feels I Should Do Same – Dr Sid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.