Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,753 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

School Raised Money To Fly Mom From Nigeria To See Her Son Graduate - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / School Raised Money To Fly Mom From Nigeria To See Her Son Graduate (1075 Views)

Nigerian Mum's Facial Expression As Her Son Kisses His Bride At The Altar (Photo / 10 Children Raised By Animals / Photo Of A Pretty Young Mother And Her Son Which Has Gone Viral . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

School Raised Money To Fly Mom From Nigeria To See Her Son Graduate by Axsetup: 9:30pm On May 26, 2016
Mike Tertsea wanted to study and play basketball in America. And he found the John Carroll School in Bel Air, so he left his mom and family in Nigeria to study abroad.

This week is Mike's graduation from John Carroll.

And guess who came to see him? His mom.

Mike’s senior class raised money for her plane ticket and visa so that she could see her son walk across the stage with a high school degree.

She is so thankful and says her son, which she hasn’t seen in four years, "is big, bigger, too big…I didn’t recognize him he was so big and he put on weight”.

But when the senior class came up a few hundred dollars short, Mike's teachers and coaches raised the money within an hour.

Mom didn’t think she’d see this day. Mike never thought he’d look out and see mom in the audience. But John Carroll takes care of their own.

Source: http://www.abc2news.com/news/region/harford-county/students-and-faculty-raised-money-to-fly-mom-from-nigeria-to-see-her-son-graduate

1 Like

Re: School Raised Money To Fly Mom From Nigeria To See Her Son Graduate by Kowor(f): 9:37pm On May 26, 2016
That's is wonderful.
Re: School Raised Money To Fly Mom From Nigeria To See Her Son Graduate by Emmandu(f): 9:38pm On May 26, 2016
Waoh!!!
Re: School Raised Money To Fly Mom From Nigeria To See Her Son Graduate by ladyF(f): 10:42pm On May 26, 2016
Awnnn
Re: School Raised Money To Fly Mom From Nigeria To See Her Son Graduate by cococandy(f): 11:30pm On May 26, 2016
Cool
Re: School Raised Money To Fly Mom From Nigeria To See Her Son Graduate by ifyalways(f): 12:53am On May 27, 2016
Only Americans can do this. I'm beginning to love that country.

Where's AJ sef? KanwuliaJara/ Kanwuliaextra, I dey miss you gan.
Re: School Raised Money To Fly Mom From Nigeria To See Her Son Graduate by Idydarling(f): 2:40am On May 27, 2016
Excellent!! whereas in some countries, everyone is "to each, his own"
Re: School Raised Money To Fly Mom From Nigeria To See Her Son Graduate by KanwuliaExtra: 7:34pm On Jun 04, 2016
ifyalways:
Only Americans can do this. I'm beginning to love that country.

Where's AJ sef? KanwuliaJara/ Kanwuliaextra, I dey miss you gan.

Nne! How e dey you?
Buhari dey town o.

Pipo don dey grind 'watermelon and carrot' instead of tomatoes take cook stew o! cheesy
Nairaland dry jare!
Good to see ya!
I dey off today. . . say make I breeze by.
No better jor!

Like Nigeria. . . .Like Nairaland. cry

*Back to my bed jare. . . we go gyam later* kiss
Re: School Raised Money To Fly Mom From Nigeria To See Her Son Graduate by ifyalways(f): 8:50pm On Jun 04, 2016
KanwuliaExtra:

Nne! How e dey you?
Buhari dey town o.

Pipo don dey grind 'watermelon and carrot' instead of tomatoes take cook stew o! cheesy
Nairaland dry jare!
Good to see ya!
I dey off today. . . say make I breeze by.
No better jor!

Like Nigeria. . . .Like Nairaland. cry

*Back to my bed jare. . . we go gyam later* kiss
Asampete, good to see around. kiss kiss

We dey 9ja dey carry Bubu shyte. Everybody don quiet, the hunger is real. Shakara don end cheesy
Re: School Raised Money To Fly Mom From Nigeria To See Her Son Graduate by KanwuliaExtra: 2:07am On Jun 24, 2016
ifyalways:

Asampete, good to see around. kiss kiss

We dey 9ja dey carry Bubu shyte. Everybody don quiet, the hunger is real. Shakara don end cheesy

Nne!
Business class for plane don h-empty o!
First class na NEVA-NEVA land!
Na to use 'points' dey reign now o!

Baby 1!
It is well with ya soul always! kiss

(1) (Reply)

What Do U Think About This Picture, A Hit Or Miss On Marriage / My Wife / Outrage In Kano As Bride Gives Birth To Baby Boy A Day After Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.