Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,688 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? (4388 Views)

Doctors Please Help / I Hate What I Am Going Through Now, Doctors Please Help / Doctors Please Help Advice Needed Urgently (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by KingTom(m): 4:50pm On May 28, 2016
Ishilove:

Nawa o. Google did not tell me all these before encouraging me to waste money sad angry
Na everything you see Wey you go drink Oya go buy agbo na

Ishilove:

Ahn ahn, you lost weight ke? Why on earth is my own now the opposite?? Everyone lost weight but Ishilove is praying not to add because of the increased appetite.
O ma ga ke

Your body doesn't want to reduce mbanu! It's fighting back grin

1 Like

Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by Ishilove: 6:15pm On May 28, 2016
KingTom:

Na everything you see Wey you go drink Oya go buy agbo na

Your body doesn't want to reduce mbanu! It's fighting back grin
Lmao!! cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by goodheart02(m): 8:48pm On May 29, 2016
Ishilove:
Thanks so much. I now understand

You're welcome......my pleasure.
Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by Ishilove: 11:15pm On May 29, 2016
goodheart02:

You're welcome......my pleasure.
Please what can you tell me about black tea?
Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by TruthHurts1(m): 1:20am On May 30, 2016
Ishilove:
I read up on all the amazing benefits of green tea and was intrigued. Some of the merits of drinking green tea include detoxification, appetite suppression which invariably will lead to weight loss, improved heart health and even aids in clearing pimples and acne (I think this is where detox comes in) etc.

This week I rushed and bought a pack of fragrant green tea, with a twist of lime and lemon. Yummy! cheesy

And I've been regretting wasting money since then. angry

I thought this shaitza was supposed to suppress appetite? My God, it is having the opposite effect on me. I've been drinking this stuff since Tuesday and the kind of hunger I've been experiencing is baffling. It is strange and unusual.

When I drink it, I experience temporary nausea, and when it passes, THE HUNGER takes over. After eating, I become hungry after barely two hours. Today I was weeping inside me because I felt the kind of hunger refugees in wartorn countries must be feeling. Right now I'm hungry again cry cry

This is not normal because all those I've spoken to tell me green tea suppresses their appetite.

Doctors in the house, can you give me insight why my own case is different?

Awww, sorry dearie. Hope it's not too unbearable? Any way, someone asked this very same question on Yahoo Answers. I've decided to reproduce both the question and the answer to the question as I think you'll find it very helpful:

[size=16pt]Q: I drank the Diet Lipton Green tea today (the cold kind) and I swear it increased my appetite.... how does that work?

A: I drink green tea, both the iced version and tea-bags from lipton daily. Tea in general increases the appetite because it has a lot of water and anti-oxidants, it's not just specific to green tea. I've learned to ignore my appitite because the same thing happens with me.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by Ishilove: 12:55pm On May 30, 2016
TruthHurts1:

Awww, sorry dearie. Hope it's not too unbearable? Any way, someone asked this very same question on Yahoo Answers. I've decided to reproduce both the question and the answer to the question as I think you'll find it very helpful:

[size=16pt]Q: I drank the Diet Lipton Green tea today (the cold kind) and I swear it increased my appetite.... how does that work?

A: I drink green tea, both the iced version and tea-bags from lipton daily. Tea in general increases the appetite because it has a lot of water and anti-oxidants, it's not just specific to green tea. I've learned to ignore my appitite because the same thing happens with me.[/size]
Thanks dear. Ignoring the hunger is very hard o. Ha!
Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by goodheart02(m): 7:11pm On Jun 01, 2016
Ishilove:

Please what can you tell me about black tea?

Black tea is a type of tea that is more oxidized than the other kind of teas. Black tea is generally stronger in flavor than the less oxidized teas. It is mostly made from leaves of the shrub Camellia sinensis. Drinking a moderate amount of black tea (one to four cups a day) may boost blood pressure slightly, but the effect does not last long. And drinking this amount of black tea is not associated with long-term high blood pressure .
Preliminary studies in people show that a black tea supplement can boost metabolism and increase blood pressure. Changes in blood pressure can be a concern. However, a small increase may be helpful for people who have dizziness due to low blood pressure when they stand up. It also contains a stimulating substance known as Theophylline which can speed up your heart rate and increase your alertness. That is to say some one with High Blood pressure shouldn't take black tea. And it is more favourable for people with low B.P. However, if you must take your cup of black tea, be warned not to take excess owing to some amount of polyphenol in it. At least a 'once in a while' basis will do the magic of stepping down your sugar level, cholesterol level, prevent kidney stones and Parkinson disease.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by Ishilove: 8:12pm On Jun 01, 2016
Goodheart02, thank you so much. I don't have BP issues, thank God. Which one would you recommend for a young and vibrant weight watcher? cheesy Green or black?
Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by firestar(f): 10:09pm On Jun 01, 2016
Ishilove:

Ha! I thought all Green Tea are the same? shocked shocked

Goodness, so I will have to embark on trial and error... sad

The brand I bought is 'Ahmad Tea'. If I try another brand and the same thing happens then I will have to keep off completely. I didn't drink the tea today and thankfully I didn't feel the insane hunger, but I found myself craving to eat even when I wasn't hungry. That's bad news for a weight watcher

Ahmad Tea? That's my brand. I go for the mint. For me it detoxifies.
Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by Ishilove: 10:12pm On Jun 01, 2016
firestar:

Ahmad Tea? That's my brand. I go for the mint. For me it detoxifies.
It doesn't make you hungry, yes?
Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by firestar(f): 10:20pm On Jun 01, 2016
Ishilove:

It doesn't make you hungry, yes?

It does. My food goes to my feet with the way I'm eating presently: it doesn't show. Yet.
I am preempting that tendency.
I drink it with food so that it can digest that or else I'll disappear!
The plus side is I am weaned off caffeine.
Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by Ishilove: 10:26pm On Jun 01, 2016
firestar:

It does. My food goes to my feet with the way I'm eating presently: it doesn't show. Yet.
I am preempting that tendency.
I drink it with food so that it can digest that or else I'll disappear!
The plus side is I am weaned off caffeine.
Fantastic idea. Eating it with food will reduce hunger, as I have come to discover. I just hope it helps me with my weight watching.

1 Like

Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by firestar(f): 4:07pm On Jun 02, 2016
How's your diet regime by the way? Are you indulging avocados? smiley
Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by goodheart02(m): 7:10pm On Jun 02, 2016
Ishilove:
Goodheart02, thank you so much. I don't have BP issues, thank God. Which one would you recommend for a young and vibrant weight watcher? cheesy Green or black?

I would recommend black tea any day any time.
Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by Ishilove: 7:35pm On Jun 02, 2016
firestar:
How's your diet regime by the way? Are you indulging avocados? smiley
My sister, I'm indulging Ahmad Tea cheesy

Fruits and veggies make me hungry undecided
Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by Ishilove: 7:37pm On Jun 02, 2016
goodheart02:

I would recommend black tea any day any time.
Can you give me reasons why prefer black over green?

Sorry for asking so many questions. Doctors in the past have complained I bug them with questions. I am a very inquisitive porson cheesy
Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by firestar(f): 7:39pm On Jun 02, 2016
Ishilove:

My sister, I'm indulging Ahmad Tea cheesy

Fruits and veggies make me hungry undecided

Try it. Avocado pear I mean. It's filling without fattening.
Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by Ishilove: 7:50pm On Jun 02, 2016
firestar:

Try it. Avocado pear I mean. It's filling without fattening.
I think I just will. Thanks.

I just hope it isn't too expensive.
Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
Avocado is actually quite calorie dense and much of it is "fat" albeit "good fat". That said, if you are weight watching, you will either eat whole avocado and cut calories on other things or eat portion size avocado and eat other stuff in proportion. Everything in moderation.

Re: green tea; caffeinated/ green tea has some phyotochemicals that rev up metabolism and suppress appetite. Revved up metabolism is synonymous with increased hunger. So, it would make sense why you are hungrier. Green tea/caffeine is also suppose to be appetite suppressant.

I will have to first ask if your diet is mainly refined/proceed foods? And perhaps your sensation of hunger is psychological?

As a weight watcher, quench hunger with smaller better meal options (fruits, veggies) split into 5-6 times throughout day, to maintain blood glucose and avoid crashing (which in itself worsens hunger pangs and becomes vicious cycle).

You don't have to starve just because you are weight watching. Just supply better food energy to your system in the form of healthier food choices AND eat more often-- in smaller portions.

1 Like

Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by goodheart02(m): 8:59pm On Jun 02, 2016
Ishilove:

Can you give me reasons why prefer black over green?

Sorry for asking so many questions. Doctors in the past have complained I bug them with questions. I am a very inquisitive porson cheesy

It's okay to be inquisitive. I prefer black cos if it's taste and it's more oxidized. The theophylline content in it is also a plus.
Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by Ishilove: 1:38am On Jun 03, 2016
goodheart02:

It's okay to be inquisitive. I prefer black cos if it's taste and it's more oxidized. The theophylline content in it is also a plus.
Okay doc, thanks. More questions loading cheesy
Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by goodheart02(m): 9:42pm On Jun 05, 2016
Ishilove:
Okay doc, thanks. More questions loading cheesy

**smiles** I'm always here

1 Like

Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by esosa4real(m): 11:42am On Jun 06, 2016
Ishilove:

I'm hungryyyyyy!!!

lol, sorry been busy dear? wuh happened naa? Hope you good now!
Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by Ishilove: 7:19pm On Jun 06, 2016
esosa4real:

lol, sorry been busy dear? wuh happened naa? Hope you good now!
My dear I'm very fine. Yes I've been busy o.

I'm good now. I have learnt how to drink it properly
Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by McEwen(m): 12:52am On Jun 07, 2016
Ishilove:

My dear I'm very fine. Yes I've been busy o.

I'm good now. I have learnt how to drink it properly
Baby,Can i get to see you?

this is urgent!
Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by Ishilove: 4:39am On Jun 07, 2016
McEwen:

Baby,Can i get to see you?

this is urgent!
'see' me? I don't Understand
Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by McEwen(m): 10:20pm On Jun 07, 2016
Ishilove:

'see' me? I don't Understand
undecided
Re: Doctors, Please Can You Tell Me Why I'm Reacting To Green Tea? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 11, 2016
KingTom:
I'm telling you that stuff was bad business for me I lost a lot of weight remember that picture the asari pic? grin that was the peak of my green tea and life struggles
please what's the name of the one u used? Help a broda abeg

(1) (2) (Reply)

Double Root Coffee - Secret To Male Sexual Activeness / How To Pass A Drug Test / Kwara Discharges 8 COVID-19 Patients, Records 5 New Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.