Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,464 members, 7,819,689 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Surprising Benefits Of Good Sleep - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Surprising Benefits Of Good Sleep (676 Views)

Nursing Student Of Madonna University Dies In Her Sleep (Photos) / Good Sleep Essential Oil - 100% Pure, Best Therapeutic Grade-10ml / Sleep Paralysis: Meaning, Causes, Symptoms And Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Surprising Benefits Of Good Sleep by Salihumainasara(m): 6:19am On May 27, 2016
People have not fully understood the importance of sleep. What people just know is that sleep is a building process which restores used energy.

Here are other benefits of getting more sleep:

Sleep helps you to concentrate more. When you don’t get enough sleep, your concentration may be affected. The number of hours of sleep we have is connected to our level of alertness. Not only that, it could also lead to having memory problems and difficulty in having concentration.

Studies have already shown that getting more sleep could supplement pain medication. If you are suffering from any pain, sleeping could be an aid.

Sleep makes you feel at your best. It is necessary to get eight hours of good sleep each night. The amount of sleep you get allows you to wake up feeling revitalized and make you stay awake during the busy day.

When we sleep, our brain takes time to clean out the unnecessary information build-up which we have accumulated when we are awake.

Sleep protects you from any form of diseases. When you have less sleep, you are prone to getting diseases because your immune system is not fully boosted.

Sleep improves mood. According to research, people who lack sleep have higher rates of stress hormones compared to others who have enough. As an effect, they can become more depressed and easily get irritated.
Re: Surprising Benefits Of Good Sleep by tundelis(m): 6:22am On May 27, 2016
grin
Re: Surprising Benefits Of Good Sleep by Salihumainasara(m): 6:28am On May 27, 2016
tundelis:
grin
wit this ur smile I hope u had a good sleep o
Re: Surprising Benefits Of Good Sleep by watered(m): 6:28am On May 27, 2016
As a psychologist I affirm your last paragraph.

1 Like

Re: Surprising Benefits Of Good Sleep by tundelis(m): 6:37am On May 27, 2016
Salihumainasara:
wit this ur smile I hope u had a good sleep o
Shey yahoo boys dey sleep angry angry angry
Re: Surprising Benefits Of Good Sleep by Salihumainasara(m): 8:33am On May 27, 2016
tundelis:

Shey yahoo boys dey sleep angry angry angry
. Make I run no come use ur yahoo get me too
Re: Surprising Benefits Of Good Sleep by OliviaNelson: 4:41pm On Feb 22, 2022
You are right, I read something similar in the article https://prorganiq.com/blogs/new/9-most-obvious-advantage-of-sleep which helped me understand the importance of sleep in my life. Now I often monitor the quality of sleep

(1) (Reply)

WEIRD STUFF: 10 Unusual Ways To Die Through The Ages (photo) / Please I Think I Have Non Infectious/chronic Cervicitis. Any Treatment Pls? / 10 Awesome And Little-known Facts About The Human Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.