Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,579 members, 7,770,514 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:19 AM

Children's Day Today: Share Your Most Fun Memory - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Children's Day Today: Share Your Most Fun Memory (6839 Views)

Different Types Of Adults That Should Be Wished Happy Children’s Day (meme Colle / Children's Day.-.funny Memes Of Children. / Its Children's Day: Upload A Pix Of Your Kid/siblings And Send Them A Shout Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Children's Day Today: Share Your Most Fun Memory by Nobody: 12:19pm On May 27, 2016
grin
Re: Children's Day Today: Share Your Most Fun Memory by nonjebose(m): 12:29pm On May 27, 2016
I always watched procedings at the stadium at home, no thanks to my parents. I was even denied the opportunity of watching my school play in the final of the state Principal cup. though, enough refreshment, sha
Re: Children's Day Today: Share Your Most Fun Memory by Amuga(f): 12:32pm On May 27, 2016
ladyF:
Hmmmm....The most fun memory is when aunts and uncles come visiting, they often drop some "small something" for us then. grin

Chai, but the joy is often shortlived because your parents will always collect it to keep for you... cry Let me even go and ask them for all my money angry

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin
Then you will pay for all the food you 've eaten. smiley
ladyF:
Hmmmm....The most fun memory is when aunts and uncles come visiting, they often drop some "small something" for us then. grin

Chai, but the joy is often shortlived because your parents will always collect it to keep for you... cry Let me even go and ask them for all my money angry

Then you will pay for all the food you 've eaten.
Re: Children's Day Today: Share Your Most Fun Memory by Johnny19: 12:36pm On May 27, 2016
For me this was d only day i get the head of fish growing up grin
Re: Children's Day Today: Share Your Most Fun Memory by ladyF(f): 1:07pm On May 27, 2016
Amuga:
Then you will pay for all the food you 've eaten. smiley Then you will pay for all the food you 've eaten.
lol is it only food? Some years back, I told my dad I was going to bill him when he gave me work to do, angry he asked me to deduct it from all my school fees and set up a repayment plan for the remainder with the interest cry We all couldn't stop laughing!!! grin

1 Like

Re: Children's Day Today: Share Your Most Fun Memory by robosky02(m): 1:17pm On May 27, 2016
wow see bores
I drive this "car" well

chai grin
Sam0:
happy children's day
Re: Children's Day Today: Share Your Most Fun Memory by robosky02(m): 1:32pm On May 27, 2016
cruzita:
My only happiness that day was *I NO DEY GO SCHOOL THAT DAY*HURRAY!!!!!

hello how are you doing

long time no see..
Re: Children's Day Today: Share Your Most Fun Memory by robosky02(m): 1:36pm On May 27, 2016
ladyF:

I remember when its time to return to school and you ask of the money

you will hear, don't worry when you grow taller you withdraw it, its in the bank .... grin
Re: Children's Day Today: Share Your Most Fun Memory by ladyF(f): 1:39pm On May 27, 2016
robosky02:

I remember when its time to return to school and you ask of the money

you will hear, don't worry when you grow taller you withdraw it, its in the bank .... grin
lmao your parents harsh o! grin
Re: Children's Day Today: Share Your Most Fun Memory by robosky02(m): 1:43pm On May 27, 2016
ladyF:

lmao your parents harsh o! grin

lol you, have you collected yours till date cheesy
Re: Children's Day Today: Share Your Most Fun Memory by ladyF(f): 2:03pm On May 27, 2016
robosky02:

lol you, have you collected yours till date cheesy
If I hear! grin
Re: Children's Day Today: Share Your Most Fun Memory by OBALORLA(m): 7:33pm On May 27, 2016
As early as 6:30-7am, we'd begin the sojourn In search of partially blown bangers/knockout- e.g a 3 sound banger that only sounded twice the night before.
All the while, mum will be busy in the partially roofed kitchen preparing green concoction which passed as our fried rice- a meal we ate only once in 365days.
We'd get back around 10am looking all white like stranded eskimos, Not forgeting to remind u of our severely broken lips- no thanks to the amartan.
We'd get back happily as we rocked the neighbourhood with our painstakingly sourced firecrackers- making the air heavy with the smell of the unfriendly white powder. Some actually get hurt in the process but who cares!
We take a detour from there to the backyard or in front of the densely populated building in "opeloyeru street"- a suburb on the mainland, splashed ourselves with water from the severely dented aluminium buckets as we enjoyed our bath.
Then came the most sluggish part of the day- a time when no one wants to be the first to dress up. Therefore, u see everyone adorned with myriads of 501 crested pants and computer socks, strolling round the compound like a well paid caretaker, awaiting what others are going to wear before finally dressing up.
With the mind-games still ongoing, breakfast will be served while we step the chunk down with a bottle of orobo (nickname for any 50cl drink esp. Pepsi) which had to be shared using age as the only criterion between myself and my siblings.
Shortly after breakfast, we'd start distributing food to every of the 22 households in the rickety-looking building while they do same in return.
Eventually we'd put on our clothes; complementing perfectly with different colours of shades- if ur parents could afford the 'alinco glass' type, glory be to God cos u've got class!
Around 1-2pm, we set to greeting f&f: I still doubt if any fulani nomad can beat me in trekking till this day.
We go, we eat and we come back! Yeah! With pockets filled with the lowest of currencies but in their abundance. To hell wit u and ur awolowo and azikiwe crested currency. We cherished only portraits resembling tafawa balewa and alvan ikoku.
The luckiest mums were the ones who had more kids.
We empty our purses for our mums in disguise of them keeping them for us. Lol.
Then came the most hated part of christmas- "dusk". We wouldn't want to agree that all was about coming to an end just like that! Even the celebrant won't help us beg his father, had we gone to him for help.
Night will crawl in more rapidly than we expected. But around bed time, we'd suddenly let out a large grin- on realizing that a bigger feast will resurface cum the nxt 7days. We'd sprawl on the mat without pulling our clothes while the most high keeps tab us.
Christmas used to be fun when I still believed in it. I guess it still is though. The only regret however is the fact that such memorable childhood will never resurface again, no matter how hard I try.

happy children's day
Re: Children's Day Today: Share Your Most Fun Memory by Mskrisx(f): 7:42pm On May 27, 2016
OBALORLA:
As early as 6:30-7am, we'd begin the sojourn In search of partially blown bangers/knockout- e.g a 3 sound banger that only sounded twice the night before.
All the while, mum will be busy in the partially roofed kitchen preparing green concoction which passed as our fried rice- a meal we ate only once in 365days.
We'd get back around 10am looking all white like stranded eskimos, Not forgeting to remind u of our severely broken lips- no thanks to the amartan.
We'd get back happily as we rocked the neighbourhood with our painstakingly sourced firecrackers- making the air heavy with the smell of the unfriendly white powder. Some actually get hurt in the process but who cares!
We take a detour from there to the backyard or in front of the densely populated building in "opeloyeru street"- a suburb on the mainland, splashed ourselves with water from the severely dented aluminium buckets as we enjoyed our bath.
Then came the most sluggish part of the day- a time when no one wants to be the first to dress up. Therefore, u see everyone adorned with myriads of 501 crested pants and computer socks, strolling round the compound like a well paid caretaker, awaiting what others are going to wear before finally dressing up.
With the mind-games still ongoing, breakfast will be served while we step the chunk down with a bottle of orobo (nickname for any 50cl drink esp. Pepsi) which had to be shared using age as the only criterion between myself and my siblings.
Shortly after breakfast, we'd start distributing food to every of the 22 households in the rickety-looking building while they do same in return.
Eventually we'd put on our clothes; complementing perfectly with different colours of shades- if ur parents could afford the 'alinco glass' type, glory be to God cos u've got class!
Around 1-2pm, we set to greeting f&f: I still doubt if any fulani nomad can beat me in trekking till this day.
We go, we eat and we come back! Yeah! With pockets filled with the lowest of currencies but in their abundance. To hell wit u and ur awolowo and azikiwe crested currency. We cherished only portraits resembling tafawa balewa and alvan ikoku.
Then came the most hated part of christmas- "dusk". We wouldn't want to agree that all was about coming to an end just like that! Even the celebrant won't help us beg his father, had we gone to him for help.
Night will crawl in more rapidly than we expected. But around bed time, we'd suddenly let out a large grin- on realizing that a bigger feast will resurface cum the nxt 7days. We'd sprawl on the mat without pulling our clothes while the most high keeps tab us.
Christmas used to be fun when I still believed in it. I guess it still is though. The only regret however is the fact that such memorable childhood will never resurface again, no matter how hard I try.

happy children's day

Indeed it's really a happy Children's Day.
Re: Children's Day Today: Share Your Most Fun Memory by jojosweet(f): 10:21pm On May 28, 2016
OBALORLA:

happy children's day
aww...we were so young once.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Am Such A Useless Person. Advise Me / How This Baby Eats Bread While Sucking Breast Is Amazing! / How Much Is HIV Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.