Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,105 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Jose Mourinho Makes His First Statement As Manchester United Manager - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jose Mourinho Makes His First Statement As Manchester United Manager (835 Views)

Disappointed Mourinho Makes Interesting Press Statements About The New Season / Rumoured Dead Rigobert Song Makes His 1st Public Appearance(pics) / John Terry Makes His Aston Villa Debut As He Plays In Pre-Season Friendly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jose Mourinho Makes His First Statement As Manchester United Manager by waley007(m): 10:40am On May 27, 2016
In a move that surprised absolutely nobody, Manchester United this morning confirmed José Mournho as their new manager on a three year deal.

The two-time Champions League winner takes up his new post immediately, and released a statement this this morning to coincide with the club’s announcement that he had succeeded Louis Van Gaal.

In a statement made public through the Manchester United website , the new manager said:

“To become Manchester United manager is a special honour in the game. It is a club known and admired throughout the world. There is a mystique and a romance about it which no other club can match.
“I have always felt an affinity with Old Trafford; it has hosted some important memories for me in my career and I have always enjoyed a rapport with the United fans. I’m looking forward to being their manager and enjoying their magnificent support in the coming years.”

#WelcomeJose https:///vxqW0BaGfM
— Manchester United (@ManUtd) May 27, 2016

Mourinho has also posted his first ever photo on Instagram today (probably not a stipulation of taking the job, but one can never be sure with Ed Woodward…) showing a picture of his new contract.

Josemourinho......follow

Re: Jose Mourinho Makes His First Statement As Manchester United Manager by waley007(m): 10:43am On May 27, 2016
Chelsea fans will not be happy about this as Jose mourinho is also joining Instagram for the first time and also as a manager in the theatre of dreams

Welcome Jose....
Re: Jose Mourinho Makes His First Statement As Manchester United Manager by BabaO2: 10:45am On May 27, 2016
Dear Chelsea in trouble I think.
Re: Jose Mourinho Makes His First Statement As Manchester United Manager by waley007(m): 10:47am On May 27, 2016
Of course Chelsea will be like ... Haaa mogbe
Re: Jose Mourinho Makes His First Statement As Manchester United Manager by waley007(m): 10:48am On May 27, 2016
Jose Mourinho’s could win his first trophy as
Manchester United manager in London, and he would be getting one over on an old foe if he did so.
Louis van Gaal’s final act of his Old Trafford tenure saw him end the club’s mini-trophy drought of three years with victory in the FA Cup, securing the Red Devils a spot in August’s Community Shield fixture.
There they will face champions Leicester City, placing Mourinho up against Claudio Ranieri, his final opponent in the Portuguese manager’s second spell as Chelsea manager.
Leicester won 2-1 on that occasion, leaving Chelsea just a point above the relegation zone and Mourinho out of a job. Victory offered revenge for Ranieri, who had been replaced by the “Special One” at Stamford Bridge in 2004 and mocked over his English language skills when the pair were both managing in Italy.
Re: Jose Mourinho Makes His First Statement As Manchester United Manager by waley007(m): 10:53am On May 27, 2016
Mourinho enroute old Trafford with a bottle of wine

Re: Jose Mourinho Makes His First Statement As Manchester United Manager by dddrexjr(m): 10:55am On May 27, 2016
waley007:
Chelsea fans will not be happy about this as Jose mourinho is also joining Instagram for the first time and also as a manager in the theatre of dreams

Welcome Jose....
Hyprocritical red DEVILS, The bad mourinho of yesterday has all of a sudden become the Messiah today. Manchester United and Mourinho can't stand on Chelsea's way next season, Our focus is Manchester City and Liverpool.
Re: Jose Mourinho Makes His First Statement As Manchester United Manager by waley007(m): 11:04am On May 27, 2016
dddrexjr:

Hyprocritical red DEVILS, The bad mourinho of yesterday has all of a sudden become the Messiah today. Manchester United and Mourinho can't stand on Chelsea's way next season, Our focus is Manchester City and Liverpool.
sorry Chelsea fan....am a man utd fan and not too happy about the mourinho announcement but he's the Messiah we need right now,all man utd fans will agreed to this,we are tired of a dulling and boring van Gaal,which other coach available right now would face Conte,guadiola,ranierri,klopp,arsene Wenger,pochettino and even Ronald Koeman not to talk of Mazzarri now in Watford.
Re: Jose Mourinho Makes His First Statement As Manchester United Manager by dreamcast95: 11:05am On May 27, 2016
I think this is great news for fans of United. I think one of the first transfer of Jose will be Ibrahimovic. I read that it has a crazy offer from China - https://www.naij.com/842049-ibrahimovic-offered-crazy-china-deal.html but I am sure he will reject it, to be with Jose in England. It will be interesting to see them blowing in the Premier League.
Re: Jose Mourinho Makes His First Statement As Manchester United Manager by waley007(m): 11:17am On May 27, 2016
Necessary with Guardiola going to City and Conte going to Chelsea. I think Jose generally gets Utd and i think we will see a more attractive style of play. Could eat my own words, but hopefully not. LVG: 1.Embarrassed in the league cup twice, out of the group stages in CL, straight out of Europa against Liverpool and finished one place lower than last season.
2. Some positive football, but played way more negative football.
3.Worrying statistics.
4. Deluded post match conference speeches. 5. Too many players sold and players that lost faith in him.
6. Too busy taking notes all the time.
7. Questionable substitutions and player positions.
8. A lack of urgency and passion from the players on many occasions.
9. Most of the signings haven't been good enough.
Positives:
1.Good to see youth coming through with Rashford, Fosu-Mensah, Borthwick and Mcnair etc. (I think injuries played a part tbh)
2.Got the best out of Smalling, done well with Blind and Young and of course our major star Martial.
3.Made our defense stronger.
4. Humourous on occasions.
5. Memorable victories against Liverpool, Arsenal and City etc.
6. Left our club in a better shape to an extent.
7. Managed to win us the FA Cup. (Lingard certainly helped too, haha)
Too many negatives that he just had to go, even though injuries and many of our signings have let him down though. Best of luck LVG anyway, thanks for a long awaited FA Cup! Welcome Mourinho! cheesy Can't wait for transfer news and Pre season!
Re: Jose Mourinho Makes His First Statement As Manchester United Manager by infogenius(m): 11:35am On May 27, 2016
Welcome Jose to the biggest club in the world
Manchester United!

(1) (Reply)

The Nigerian Who Thinks Stephen Keshi Was A Musician On Instagram / Mikel Fires Back At Terry / Madness: See How This Man Celebrate Barcelona's Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.