Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,373 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:03 PM

Mourinho Appointed Manchester United Manager - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mourinho Appointed Manchester United Manager (303 Views)

Romelu Lukaku Involved In Bust-up With Manchester United Manager Jose Mourinho / Michael Emenalo Appointed As Monaco Sporting Director Weeks After Chelsea Exit / Sunday Oliseh Appointed Into Fifa's Technical Department (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mourinho Appointed Manchester United Manager by Newsbreakers: 12:14pm On May 27, 2016
José Mourinho has been appointed manager of Manchester United and will take over from the 2016/17 season, signing a three-year contract with an option to stay at the club until at least 2020.

José, 53, has managed at the top level of European football for over a decade and in that time has won league titles and cups in four countries (Portugal, England, Italy and Spain), as well as winning the UEFA Champions League twice – in 2004 with FC Porto and in 2010 with Inter Milan.

Announcing the appointment, Ed Woodward said: "José is quite simply the best manager in the game today. He has won trophies and inspired players in countries across Europe and, of course, he knows the Premier League very well, having won three titles here.

"I’d like to take this opportunity to welcome him to Manchester United. His track record of success is ideal to take the club forward."

José Mourinho said: "To become Manchester United manager is a special honour in the game. It is a club known and admired throughout the world. There is a mystique and a romance about it which no other club can match.

"I have always felt an affinity with Old Trafford; it has hosted some important memories for me in my career and I have always enjoyed a rapport with the United fans. I’m looking forward to being their manager and enjoying their magnificent support in the coming years."

The Portuguese coach has won 22 trophies since 2003.

1 Share

Re: Mourinho Appointed Manchester United Manager by reverendfather: 12:17pm On May 27, 2016
my condolences to all man u fans
Re: Mourinho Appointed Manchester United Manager by youngaz(m): 12:26pm On May 27, 2016
Y'all are just sayin he will bring downfall to united u dnt no dat Ed Woodward don tell am wat all d world hates about im......Jose will change jare no doubt about it except if d media pulls his leg lyk dey use to do 2 Van Gaal..........Jose smells success,breath success,carries success infact his CV is full of success
#OneOfUs.....#TheSpecialOne......#BlueBlood.....#ChelseaTillIDie o jere
Re: Mourinho Appointed Manchester United Manager by daveson07: 12:40pm On May 27, 2016
The tide will soo turn in England next season

STFUareuGod

(1) (Reply)

D Grestest Mohammed Ali Dies At 74, / Significance Of 5530 / He Answered His Question With A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.