Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,973 members, 7,952,909 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:14 AM

Frank Odega's 3D Animation "Gerrarahere" WIP Teaser. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Frank Odega's 3D Animation "Gerrarahere" WIP Teaser. (1599 Views)

High End System Configuration For 3d Animation / WIP Biro Drawing Of Artiste, Mali Music / 3d Animation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Frank Odega's 3D Animation "Gerrarahere" WIP Teaser. by reidkrugger(m): 3:14pm On May 27, 2016
Hello People and how are you doing. Ok, i've gat one for all of ya'll again like i always do but this time it's Nollywood related. Yeeeeep it's the 3D anime version of Francis Odega's "gerrarahere mhen" and it's not yet rendered. Inspired by nairalanders, i decided to do something African and Nollywood-like. Here's the link [url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJeWro2eFp0[url][/url] and let's hear your observations if you have any.
And Yeah, I am a MAX man.
Re: Frank Odega's 3D Animation "Gerrarahere" WIP Teaser. by wabdesigns(m): 10:13am On May 28, 2016
Cool
Re: Frank Odega's 3D Animation "Gerrarahere" WIP Teaser. by nijabazaar: 10:39am On May 28, 2016
i use cos of u and that guy Kazuna to download almost three 3d softwares but i neva have d time to open one, talk more of praticing.

and i have watched practically all 3d features.
zootopia
kungfu panda
star trek
frozen
minions

i have a huge collection and a cravin to create these things and yet i too busy for myself.
Re: Frank Odega's 3D Animation "Gerrarahere" WIP Teaser. by reidkrugger(m): 11:36am On May 28, 2016
wabdesigns:
Cool

Thanks Man. smiley
Re: Frank Odega's 3D Animation "Gerrarahere" WIP Teaser. by reidkrugger(m): 12:01pm On May 28, 2016
nijabazaar:
i use cos of u and that guy Kazuna to download almost three 3d softwares but i neva have d time to open one, talk more of praticing.

and i have watched practically all 3d features.
zootopia
kungfu panda
star trek
frozen
minions

i have a huge collection and a cravin to create these things and yet i too busy for myself.

You know what, i was about writing something relating to this before your input. For me i'll say, watching or at least dedicating the time to watch is a great start and i'll advice you do that very very well. About the softwares you downloaded, you just need only one and from my perspective, even if i respect all other softwares, industry standards are industry standards. But then again it all depends on the artist. For instance, the animation WIP i posted here is driven by the CAT rig from start to finish, while some other animators would easily opt for bones. Heck, i guess i have my reasons so going back to software, i'll say this; You'll need a software with a large user based community where you can get free tuts and run to or cry to when you need help or are stuck. A software with professionals already doing very good works with.

On the issue of time, it would be easier if you are kakashi sensei or naruto and you do a "Taju kage bunshi no justsu" so that you can continue with whatever it is that you are doing and your other clone learns the animation for you. But that can only happen in Kishi's world so you just have to create that time somehow and make plenty of sacrifices if you want it to count.

I think Kazuna is a great guy and i follow a lot of his posts as well, i like the way he drives in and brings not just something new but challenging to the table. So yeah, i'll advice you stick to him as well for advices if you are talking about modelling. Overall, it's a good thing that we inspire you but you can be better than any or both of us combined if you determine to.

Thanks for your input and looking forward to hearing from you in the future in terms of 3D. I'm also using this opportunity to add a rendered view of one of the shots. That's the part where Francis was building the momentum of the quarrel while still sitting in the car, *ithink.

Re: Frank Odega's 3D Animation "Gerrarahere" WIP Teaser. by babz510(m): 10:25pm On May 30, 2016
Which application did you use??
Re: Frank Odega's 3D Animation "Gerrarahere" WIP Teaser. by reidkrugger(m): 10:43pm On May 30, 2016
babz510:
Which application did you use??
3dsmax
Re: Frank Odega's 3D Animation "Gerrarahere" WIP Teaser. by reidkrugger(m): 9:57am On Jun 03, 2016
Ok, so i continue today talking about thesame thing i always talk about everyday... Animations. Always targeting and trying to figure out how the big boys do it, i finally begin to scratch that surface. And i started like everyone else and maybe even worse of. There are a lot of things artists do that set them back, meaning animation artists are 50% there own problems in this part of the world ranging from things like attitude, dedication, patience and determination and even confusion. I wouldn't go into details on the aforementioned so far but i'll say this one thing the umpteenth time and that is "KEEP AWAY FROM MOCAP". You wont go far with it and anywhere with it. Mocap is only good if you already know how to animate because there will always be something about it to tweak and if you cant animate then what are you tweaking? Am i making sense? Moreover, Mocap are set up for particular moves and wont fit everything you want to do. Take for instance, you cant use a mocap file of somebody screaming at angry to create an animation for someone that feels remorse. They wont match and you are not telling any story. Anyways that's that for Mocap.

I look at this section and check this thread and i see over 300 views without much talk. That's massive if you ask me and i want to use this medium to say a BIG THANK YOU, to all of you that have supported the animation struggle up to this point and in your different ways, even by viewing alone. But i wonder what it is with people and keeping quiet at things like this? Because i know surely a good fraction have got one or two questions to ask but then again, i'll leave you to you in thinking what it is you think.

This third paragraph encourages and invites you to learning animations from me if you are interested. I tried to do that some time back when fuel was still under N90/ltr and the dollar chilling @157 or there about. Now... everything has gone comatose and when i lo0k at people trying to get into the programme, i feel sorry for them because they don't have a guide and both the dollar and fuel situations will pass through them. Well nothing is easy so i dont think i'm saying anything new. Send a mail to chimatic@gmail.com with the subject "mentor me"and we'll take it from there. Note that this is not free and i used to charge N120 for about three months or so before now. And right now... Only God knows what. Anyways let's begin with that and see how it goes but one thing is certain and that is you will learn how to animate better than you ever did.

On the Anime itself, i'm still in the rendering stages and will be through rendering this week. Which means i'll be posting it this week as well most likely. About synergy, there's another studio that's partnering with me to co-produce for a better render and that too has kicked off. So yeah everything is going very well and thank you once again for appreciating the WIP. The full "gerrarahere mhen" where he actually says and demonstrates it will be in your face next when it's fully rendered.

P.s: And yeah, if you are a newbie or an enthusiast or just a mutant lying low but are interested in animations, then you should visit www.reidchannel..com to follow up on this and other previous animes i've done. You also get to learn some tips and tricks. Sometimes, it's not about the principles or the softwares or all of those other big deal stuffs. Sometimes, it's the littlest things that catapults you into the know. And now, Nollywood... here we come to rescue you from all those wiliwili costumes. We can do this.

(1) (Reply)

Red One Camera Hire / 3dsmax Users Test / 8 Sure Ways To Be A Better Graphic Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.