Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

4 Myths Nigerian Boarding House Students Believed - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 4 Myths Nigerian Boarding House Students Believed (1187 Views)

10 Myths Of Exercise You Don't Know About / 100 Most Common Myths And Misconceptions / How Come This Could Be, I Never Believed It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

4 Myths Nigerian Boarding House Students Believed by Georgeattah101(m): 6:34pm On May 27, 2016
Remembering life in secondary school always makes me nostalgic. Apart from it being the place where I met some of my closest friends till date; a lot of fond memories I hold dearly were made in this place. One of those memories include the crazy stories and myths we were made to believe people before us experienced. Most of these stories were popular in Federal Government Colleges across Nigeria, especially among the boarding students. The versions and names differed from school to school, but the effects were the same. Here are five hilarious ones that will crack you up. 1. Madam/Lady/Miss Koi Koi  Whether she was a madam, lady or miss, this woman’s story always creeped us out. There were many versions of this story, but the most popular was that, she was a ghost who used to torment students she taught in the school before she died. Her ghost wore red stilettos which made the signature koi-koi sound. ‘Na so dem just scam us sha’ 2. Bush Baby  This creature had the body of an animal and had the head of a human. ‘Choiiii, see scam’. The story was that, this creature came around at night and cried like a baby. This is the image of an actual bush baby, but this obviously wasn’t the description they gave us. 3. Lady braiding her hair with her head on her lap  Fine girl by day, headless hair-stylist by night – ‘Na so’ Anyway, the gist was that, the girl in this story wore a different hairstyle every day. According to the story, another girl came out of her dorm after Lights Out one night and saw someone sitting in the corner headless! Apparently, she removed her head from her body, put it on her lap and was making it herself. 4. Black Man(Baba dudu)  This was one of the commonest ones. This so- called Black Man visited girls’ dormitories and the make-shift bathroom during odd hours. Gist was that he rubbed charcoal all over his body so nobody could recognize him, which was why he was called black man. He also added grease on his body, so he could escape if you tried to catch him. Ok this man existed, he was not a spirit but a security guard who came to steal in the dormitory. (At least that’s what he did in my school)

(1) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between Ants And Insects....??? / Nairaland Homepage Does Not Load / 3 Youths Killed In Benue Protest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.