Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,800 members, 7,810,080 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

A Friend Of Mine Has Up To 13 Carry Overs Currently In Year 3 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Friend Of Mine Has Up To 13 Carry Overs Currently In Year 3 (667 Views)

How A Friend Used Her Best Friend To Teach Her Pupils In Class (Photos) / Serena Omo-Lamai Secures Admission To 13 Universities - Photo / Nigerian Girl Gets Admission To 13 Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Friend Of Mine Has Up To 13 Carry Overs Currently In Year 3 by SKAMM(m): 12:32am On May 28, 2016
Note: This is a true life story and I'm not referring to myself in this post. This is a faceless forum if I was I would specify it.

I saw a post earlier about carryover students and I remembered a friend of mine currently in that situation. Her year 1 first semester was ok. Second semester was not that good. But at least she had a chance of graduating with her mates. The problem started in year 2 when out of 8 courses she had 6 carryover. Second semester came and another round of carryover was presented to her as her result. She is studying a Maths related course and she's not good in Maths hence the carryovers. I've tried putting her through in some of the courses before the exam but to no avail. It's not that I'm not a good teacher, it just takes her more time to understand simple calculations talk less of the complex ones. She likes associating herself with the very intelligent ones in the class hoping they will help her in the exam hall but they don't because those kind of persons don't concentrate on other people while the exam is on. I'm more than an average student but I usually have time for my friends during exam. She refuses sitting close to me rather she sits close to the so called intelligent guys in the front sit. I'm posting this here because we are in year three about to write first semester exams but she's totally blank in all the courses we are offering. She says she's learnt her lesson and won't sit with those guys anymore but she can't sit with me either because I can't show her everything in the exam hall. I can give her tips but she won't be able to do anything with it because she has to at least have an idea of what's going on. I can't abandon her because she's my friend and I want her to succeed. I once advised her to take a JAMB form but she refused. I can't teach her like she requires because we are already close to the exam and I need to revise also. So please guys give me ideas on my to help her. I would have posted a screenshot of her result but I'd rather not for anonymity sake.
cc lalasticlala, Fynestboi , Richiez , olawalebabs
Re: A Friend Of Mine Has Up To 13 Carry Overs Currently In Year 3 by Nobody: 12:43am On May 28, 2016
so sad, she's definitely going to have an extra year or more sad
Re: A Friend Of Mine Has Up To 13 Carry Overs Currently In Year 3 by Fxwarrior: 12:52am On May 28, 2016
Op its best she withdraws unless she just wants to get a pass or Testimonial that she attended a university. That is if she graduates with 1 or 2 extra years added with the attendant fees included.

Best advice is she should retake Jamb and change course NOW.

You've tried your bit, one bad thing is doing a course you are defficient in.
Re: A Friend Of Mine Has Up To 13 Carry Overs Currently In Year 3 by teekay213(m): 2:38am On May 28, 2016
wetin she still dey do for school.
she should go and learn trade or handwork.
not everybody must go to school.
Re: A Friend Of Mine Has Up To 13 Carry Overs Currently In Year 3 by Nobody: 7:54am On May 28, 2016
pple wnt just mind their biz...
Re: A Friend Of Mine Has Up To 13 Carry Overs Currently In Year 3 by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 28, 2016
she is not destined to school,my piece of advice is dat she should go on vocational traning
Re: A Friend Of Mine Has Up To 13 Carry Overs Currently In Year 3 by Olarewajub: 7:29pm On May 28, 2016
She should retake Jamb and go for a less demanding course.

(1) (Reply)

Post UTME Has Been Permanently Scrapped, Post UTME Fee To Be Refunded / Happy Birthday A Real Gem : Miracy / Why Boarding Schools Produce Bad Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.