Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire (16084 Views)

Ejigbo Residents Lose N8 Million To Fake Microfinance Bank / The Cars Aliko Dangote Donated To Police Force (Video) / Dangote Donates N250 Million To 25000 Muslim Women In Minna Niger State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by vineyardfarms: 8:53am On May 28, 2016
kodded:

undecided undecided

imagine a man from far away north east is making billions of naira from oil in niger delta, but the people that have the oil are living in abject poverty angry
undecided undecided

cc deapreye

Me Alhaji Indimi - How Much Work Have You Done In The Community That Allow You Acces To Their Oil. How Much Damage Have You Done To The Community.

Why Would NDV Not Be Angry At A Greedy Man. I Wish They Put Permanent Stop To His Activities In The Region.
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by mrvitalis(m): 8:54am On May 28, 2016
kc2hansome:

Hope u can now see NDA point. Their oil is been used to make northerners billionaires.
Mind u its SS money not the mans own.
Who stops the south south man from owing an oil company??
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by king94(m): 8:58am On May 28, 2016
nworanco:

U sound senseless assuming ur parents leaves to care for ur/ur siblings needs and they started providing for others who are not even strange to u how would u and ur siblings feel?
Don't try to bring different scenarios into this matter. We are talking about a school that has been the Alma mater of so many of his children and you are telling him not to contribute to helping the school become better. You can never please humans no matter what you do. If you feel so bad about his actions, make your own money and donate to Nigerian universities. Stop vexing over someone else's life choices. Lastly, you are an idiot for insulting me.
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by bigerboy200: 9:03am On May 28, 2016
mrvitalis:
Please it his money, let him spend it the way he feels
Do any one tell shell or mobile or total bosses how to spend there money??
If Niger Deltans are looking for who to blame the should ask there governors, past NDDC chairmen what they did with there money
I don't even blame them, I blame our past leaders, if our taxing system us working well it will give us 5x what oil is giving us now
We have over a million commercial buses in Nigeria and each pay an average of #500 per day, were is all this money going? ?
Market women pay alot of duty every day, were are this money going? ?
We need to block the leakages in our taxing system, implement luxury tax and religious centers must be taxed at least 40%
How can u have a GDP of $500bn and can't tax out $70bn?? something is wrong

Before u kill me, am from imo state

My thoughts tho
U deserve a basket of tomatoes for this....UK have no natural resources(correct me if I am wrong pls) but remains one of the richest countries in the world due to their taxing system..only if our past leaders had done the needful to look away from crude oil,then our economy would have been competing with the likes of Japan and China..don't know the sins we have committed as Nigerians for us to have been cursed with the terrible and useless leaders we had in times past...I refuse to give up tho..May God help us..
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by Heureaux: 9:17am On May 28, 2016
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by LydayBobo(m): 9:17am On May 28, 2016
DeCleff:
Imagine if he had invested that money to upgrading of facilities in our universities.

This is the reason America will remain America and Nigeria remain Nigeria.

I am sure Nigeria and Nigerians made him wealthy but he appreciated America instead of Nigeria

Cow sense
Maybe he thought they would share it instead
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by OlujobaSamuel: 9:19am On May 28, 2016
I thought there was a list of what this man did as csr in Nigeria and 3of it was confirmed by NLanders, about 4projects in uniuyo, 200m to idp in bornu, annual scholarship to selected beneficiaries from his company host community in oron, so what's the noise about?
his money his life, people should just shut it. according to the school's website, he even donated the sum to open door for the donation of 6m by an undisclosed donor who said if they can get 3m, he will give them 6m, they got 2.1m but there was no where to meet up and he added the balance. people should just get a life.
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by purpleblood: 9:21am On May 28, 2016
You like donation bah? Don't worry soon you go donate tire.
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by GWMI(m): 9:25am On May 28, 2016
With a mentality like this, there will never be peace in Nigeria.You love your neighbour than yourself.Twisted definition of love shame on you old man.Thanks.

1 Like

Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by olajizz01(m): 9:26am On May 28, 2016
Yoruba will say, Idimi nre esun dasinu ibu,you contributed hundreds of millions of naira for a country who have more than enough while yours is in shambles.

1 Like

Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by codemaniacs: 9:35am On May 28, 2016
bigerboy200:

U deserve a basket of tomatoes for this....UK have no natural resources(correct me if I am wrong pls) but remains one of the richest countries in the world due to their taxing system..only if our past leaders had done the needful to look away from crude oil,then our economy would have been competing with the likes of Japan and China..don't know the sins we have committed as Nigerians for us to have been cursed with the terrible and useless leaders we had in times past...I refuse to give up tho..May God help us..

They tax employed people.

Nigeria does not have enough employed people to tax... How do u think Lagos state makes its money?
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by waynejesus: 9:37am On May 28, 2016
wicked government
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by Frankaka8(m): 9:40am On May 28, 2016
mn09abk:
U ppl should leave my father in law alone!!!
a thief spotted grin
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by Dcaliphate(m): 9:41am On May 28, 2016
that's over N270,000,000 sir
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by DrHighchief(m): 9:55am On May 28, 2016
Uniport
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by kan12(m): 9:56am On May 28, 2016
Who asked you¿,well EFCC on their way to your house.
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by tumbez: 10:02am On May 28, 2016
mrvitalis:
If Niger Deltans are looking for who to blame the should ask there governors, past NDDC chairmen what they did with there money
I don't even blame them, I blame our past leaders, if our taxing system us working well it will give us 5x what oil is giving us now
We have over a million commercial buses in Nigeria and each pay an average of #500 per day, were is all this money going? ?
We need to block the leakages in our taxing system, implement luxury tax and religious centers must be taxed at least 40%

My thoughts tho
guy your thoughts is such a wonderful one....that's what many nairalanders fail to understand, the problem of this country is past leaders!!
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by nkpommpko(m): 10:17am On May 28, 2016
IDIOT
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by anwe: 10:29am On May 28, 2016
U
mrvitalis:

My thoughts tho
What has Govs or nddc got to do with oil block ? The money earned by the government of Niger delta are their entitlement. How come sanusi is not talking about inequality in oil block ownership in this country ?
The Libyans want to spread religion and not wealth
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by shiimah: 10:42am On May 28, 2016
Please how much do UNIMAID have? Some kunu drinker will always like to form good to outsiders...

It is written that.... CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME.
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by rose54321: 11:05am On May 28, 2016
sweetgala:

Why would any sane individual give 900k to a Nigerian university knowing full well that 850k of it would be appropriated fraudulently by senior executive officers ofthe ubiveristy. When you know the chancellor and registrar would suddenly develop an appetite for a new house

Flimsy excuse, Donations shouldn't always be in cash he can construct a library, a computer lab, revamp the science labs, donate furniture, etc etc etc.

If your mind is on something there will always be a way.
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by wtfCode: 12:08pm On May 28, 2016
An hausa man will never stop being an hausa man. Always competing on Mumurity n' wickedness! Nigerians(south product) made u rich and u spend it outside ur country.
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by mrvitalis(m): 12:26pm On May 28, 2016
anwe:
U
What has Govs or nddc got to do with oil block ? The money earned by the government of Niger delta are their entitlement. How come sanusi is not talking about inequality in oil block ownership in this country ?
The Libyans want to spread religion and not wealth
Do u read out all, he owns an oil exploration and production company not oil well, he owns a company like shell, total, work hard u will be able to easterblish one and he Is self made too

1 Like

Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by mamaafrik(m): 12:59pm On May 28, 2016
Iwo n ko owoole losita....................,won fo epo lorie......
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by lovemaths(f): 1:49pm On May 28, 2016
name checkers, make una come and see dis aturu awusa. just negodu
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by jojothaiv(m): 2:43pm On May 28, 2016
Adesiji77:

Yes now...with the scarcity of forex cheesy

BTW "Lynn University, a University from which Dr. Indimi and nine of his children have received nine Bachelors, five Masters, and one Doctorate degree" shocked
Best reply ever and it's the man choice.

If you angry with that, get your money and donate it to developing countries....

People at times sha...
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by jojothaiv(m): 2:46pm On May 28, 2016
wtfCode:
An hausa man will never stop being an hausa man.
Always competing on Mumurity n' wickedness!
Nigerians(south product) made u rich and u spend it outside ur country.
And an Hausa man is the president right...

Keep fighting with the obvious realities...

FYI, I'm not a northerner...
Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by fulanigirl(f): 7:05pm On May 28, 2016
chumakk:
You donated 900k to USA university but you were not able to say how much you have donated to so called Nigerian universities?

The man is from Maiduguri where book haram are running wild, what is he doing for the victims?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Donated $900,000, Not $14 Million To US University: Borno Oil Billionaire by Caseless: 12:06pm On Jun 25, 2016
fulanigirl:

The man is from Maiduguri where book haram are running wild, what is he doing for the victims?
Allah Woki jam!

Kindly follow this link and vote ivyy for miss nairaland, please https://www.nairaland.com/3186985/miss-nairaland-contest-2016-grand

Thank you very much...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

13 Money Lies You Should Stop Telling Yourself By Age 30 / What Happened To The Naira Swap / Data Protection Bureau Fines Soko Loans ₦‎50 Million For Data Breach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.