Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? (6645 Views)

Usmanu Danfodiyo University Student Dies After His Final Year Exam (Photos) / ♨ UDUSOK (Usman Danfodio University Sokoto) Direct Entry Admission 2016/2017 / Usuman Danfodiyo University, Sokoto (UDUSOK) Direct-entry Form 2016/2017... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by IamPrince1: 12:12pm On May 28, 2016
Somewhere far North, lies a great University called Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto which covers a great land mass and prides herself in quality staff and infrastructure. UDUS currently offer almost all the courses obtained in other universities except for Theatre Arts, Creative Arts, Mass Communication and other related courses and the faculty of Engineering which is currently on its way.
Founded in September 1975, UDUs prides herself as the most peaceful university in Nigeria, it is not just by name she earned it. She is a citadel of learning where there is zero tolerance in any form of indecency and immorality like nudity or cultism, thus the best institution if you are seeking for both character and knowledge.
Situated in the Seat of Caliphate and named after the great Islamic Jihadist, UDUs strives to pronounce Islamic values in all her activities both academic and non-academic thereby maintaining that peaceful and tranquil environment. By so doing everything social is turned down to its barest minimum, such cultural groups as Kegites and the rest could not be encouraged because it may metamorphosed into cultism. Finding yourself into the walls of the university, you must be reoriented to adapt to the norms and traditions of the school starting with dress code.
WHY THE SILENCE?
Despite being established more than six decades ago, UDUs remains the most unrecognized university in Nigeria currently and unjustly ranked below thirty among other universities. There are lots of factors that are involved but all centre on the geographical location of the University and Religious atmosphere abound.
Sokoto as a result of its distance is almost cut off from the rest of Nigeria, it can take you approximately twenty hours to get there from Lagos. In addition to that it is not a commercial state like Kaduna, Plateau, Kano e.tc. Being the centre of Islamic Religion in Nigeria, it is rigid and very conservative, shy of foreign exposures that may compromise the long guarded values, hence the State remain where it has been, keep maintaining the status quo i.e peace in place of growth and development. Thanks to His Eminence, the Sultan who is man of tolerance; a modern man. And His Lordship Dr. Hassan Kukah, the great Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, both great men are the reason Sokoto State is currently being brought to the spotlight.
BREAKING THE SILENCE.
It is great injustice to rank a great Federal University like UDUs below thirty among Nigerian Universities so something needs to be done ASAP to bring the school to its rightful position – among top five Universites. The bulk of the work lies on we the Alumni of this great institution, we need to be proud of representing the school and defending our certificates because it is not enough to just say that to make 2.2 in UDUs is not easy, we need to prove it the public.
Fortunately few days ago UDUs was brought to the spotlight, it did not surprise me much that there are lots of people that sincerely said that they just heard about the school for the first time. As a matter of fact that is what I face everyday in my PPA, whenever I am asked where I graduated from, the next thing i will be ‘where is UDUs?’ I have to always prove myself and defend my class of degree because I am already misjudged. No institution can survive in isolation, it is high time UDUs took a leaf from other top universities and do things the way it ought to. It is not called ‘university’ for anything but for the modus operandi to be universal and almost the same everywhere.
I applaud the courage of the architect of that article about UDUs convocation because if not for anything the institution was invariable brought to the lime light. Unfortunately I weep for fellow Danfodites who allowed themselves to be swept off by sentiment thereby uttering comments that portray hatred and legendary ignorance. It shows the level of our myopia and why the rest of other universities will continue to look down on UDUs. Kudos to the writer and the subject of the article because it is quite unexpected, beacuse a typical Danfodite is humble, docile, obedient, introvert and timid (the fruits of ‘peace’).It the orientation you are given, never to speak out or fight or be rebellious so that the peace is not compromised that is why it always extremely difficult for many of our graduates to survive anywhere outside the shores of Sokoto where peace and tranquillity are not granted. Many of them I met in Lagos camp redeployed back to Sokoto in numbers, reason – you can’t survive in Lagos with Sokoto mentality, if you do then you must be very intelligent that you can easily learn in order to adapt the Lagos way.
I categorically state that Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto is the toughest University to graduate from, I can attest to that. This is not a brag or promoting the school but a fact. If there is anything that the Islamic values has done it is the fact that the school has zero tolerance to examination malpractice, sorting or bribing lecturers is alien to them so before they allow you to graduate with 2.2 you must work for it not to talk of 2.1 and first class! (As a matter of fact some of the lecturers pride themselves with number of students that fail their courses) Therefore the graduates of UDUs deserve to be respected and honoured because it goes with great sacrifice.
There is no joy when you know that you are ‘the best’ but are known as ‘just good’. We the Alumni must strive to sell UDUs to the world as not just ‘The Most Peaceful University’ but ‘The Best University’.
‪#‎Proudly‬ a Danfodite.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by pendusky(m): 12:17pm On May 28, 2016
I sometimes count Sokoto is not part of Nigeria! good to bring my memory back grin

If you guys have tomatoes then I can relocate for my PhD. grin
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by IamPrince1: 12:22pm On May 28, 2016
pendusky:
I sometimes count Sokoto is not part of Nigeria! good to bring my memory back grin

If you guys have tomatoes then I can relocate for my PhD. grin
please come there are tomatoes. what set are you sir?
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by pendusky(m): 12:25pm On May 28, 2016
IamPrince1:

cheesy didn't school there though! have heard a lot about Sokoto from someone that served there. would like to come for a week visit. cheesy
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by IamPrince1: 12:43pm On May 28, 2016
Yea UDUs is one of the best Universities in Nigeria. Where all these Danfodites in nairaland, i hear say Lalasticlala is Danfodite too
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by castel428: 1:06pm On May 28, 2016
wow nice one op. very thorough write up! so much love this. #proudly danfodite
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by Aspiregreat: 1:13pm On May 28, 2016
My friends : I'm a Lion, I'm a malabress, better by far. etc.

Me: I'm a Danfodite

my friends : Which do you ply? mainland or highland

1 Like

Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by smoochybee1: 1:16pm On May 28, 2016
IamPrince1:
Yea UDUs is one of the best Universities in Nigeria. Where all these Danfodites in nairaland, i hear say Lalasticlala is Danfodite too
Wow..so happy to find dis group...ND holder want to apply to UDUS please what er my chance
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by castel428: 1:16pm On May 28, 2016
Aspiregreat:
My friends : I'm a Lion, I'm a malabress, better by far. etc.

Me: I'm a Danfodite

my friends :
Yea lets promote our almar mata, nobody can do it for us. Like the OP said let us give her the recognition she deserved
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by castel428: 1:21pm On May 28, 2016
smoochybee1:

Wow..so happy to find dis group...ND holder want to apply to UDUS please what er my chance
Just apply for direct entry, study and pray, you will be admitted based on merit. unlike other universities UDUs are transparent in their mode of admission.
all the best
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by xender(m): 1:45pm On May 28, 2016
grin grin there are some states I don't hear from O

Sokoto,kebbi Bauchi....if not for boko boys many northern states for just dey like that. No news emanating from there grin

1 Like

Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by IamPrince1: 1:49pm On May 28, 2016
xender:
grin grin there are some states I don't hear from O

Sokoto,kebbi Bauchi....if not for boko boys many northern states for just dey like that. No news emanating from there grin
u can say that again
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by IamPrince1: 2:45pm On May 28, 2016
where are the Danfodites?
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by Hasawa(m): 3:10pm On May 28, 2016
Proudly DanFodite
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by smoochybee1: 3:22pm On May 28, 2016
castel428:

Just apply for direct entry, study and pray, you will be admitted based on merit. unlike other universities UDUs are transparent in their mode of admission.
all the best
Thanks...Am not from the catchment area,hope it won't affect my admission
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by Abdul4trust1(m): 3:26pm On May 28, 2016
IamPrince1:

do They Have PGD in accounting? because i'm an hnd holder and i graduated with upper credit. and i'm from edo state.
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by IamPrince1: 3:48pm On May 28, 2016
Abdul4trust1:
do They Have PGD in accounting? because i'm an hnd holder and i graduated with upper credit. and i'm from edo state.
sure they do, as well as part time Bsc in Accounting
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by Abdul4trust1(m): 4:06pm On May 28, 2016
IamPrince1:
sure they do, as well as part time Bsc in Accounting
what Is The Fee Like And The Duration?
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by godwingold(m): 6:37am On Jun 16, 2016
Nice write up! Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto is a university that I'm proud of.
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by gryhusky(m): 10:20am On Aug 22, 2016
I apply in Udusok two years ago with my 200 jamb score .was not giving admission.why because am not form catchment area

Mstchxxxxxxxxxx tribalism institution
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by CivilzedTyger(m): 10:50pm On Oct 10, 2016
Yeah right. I heard a lot of nice things about the school but it's too far away
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by StupidYorubaFool: 6:31am On Oct 11, 2016
gryhusky:
I apply in Udusok two years ago with my 200 jamb score .was not giving admission.why because am not form catchment area

Mstchxxxxxxxxxx tribalism institution
which course did you chose?
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by gryhusky(m): 2:09pm On Oct 11, 2016
pol sc
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by gryhusky(m): 6:13am On Nov 24, 2016
Political science
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by LordIsaac(m): 9:00am On Nov 24, 2016
The truth is, most graduates of these core North institutions can barely communicate in English Language. I was in camp at Jigawa with many of them...oh, what a woeful experience!
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by Harkanbii(m): 11:47am On Nov 24, 2016
I wish to be a udus student but i hav not be considered 4 admission yet,(INSHA ALLAH)my wishes shall come true.{AMEN}.
Re: Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto, Most Peaceful And Most Silent? by Commandoabdul(m): 1:09pm On Nov 24, 2016
LordIsaac:
The truth is, most graduates of these core North institutions can barely communicate in English Language. I was in camp at Jigawa with many of them...oh, what a woeful experience!
Well, you are right but nt all. I am a great danfodite and base in Lagos.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

SIWES And Industrial Training Placements 2016 / Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 / 2021 Utme MBBS Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.