Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,005 members, 7,859,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 03:20 PM

How Etisalat Defrauded Me Of 1gb Data - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Etisalat Defrauded Me Of 1gb Data (953 Views)

How I Was Defrauded At Ikeja Computer Village. / How Etisalat Rewarded Me Back. / How Mobile App Saved Me From Being defrauded of Huge sum by Kidnappers In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Etisalat Defrauded Me Of 1gb Data by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 28, 2016
Dear NAIRALANDERS, i wont want to bore you with epistle but will quickly just want you all to air your opinion on this.

How Etisalat Have Now Become
Well, yesterday night at about 7pm - 9pm, been 27th May 2016, i made a subscription of 1gb for 500naira. Instead of been the 1gb, i was given 500mb.
Later that night, i contacted CUSTOMER CARE AGENT to make complain for the wrong data allocation.
My call was then transferred to DATA HELPDESK and a check was done on my line to really confirm the error by the system.
The HELPDESK AGENT apologized on regards of that and made a REFUND of my 500naira. He also told me to call back the customer service immediately i get a refund so the package will be activated by them directly from the system.
I did just as he said after i saw the refund with took about 1hr - 2hrs.

After making the call with the customer service, the bundle was successfully activated at about 11pm same day(screenshot attached).

Quickly, i updated some apps from Google Play Store and the total data usage was 70mb (screenshot attached). I then switched off my data and later powered off my device to sleep off.

Earlier this morning, i quickly launched whatsapp, uc mini and other apps. (screenshot attached with data usage of all the apps).

I then noticed my device was lagging then i made a REBOOT, launched Opera Mini Beta to surf Nairaland only to notice the page was no longer loading.

I then dialed *228# to check whats really wrong only to get the shocker of my life that i ve 0mb of data.

Note: this isn't the 1st time am facing sh!T like this from Etisalat.
Also, we all know that;
1) if your data is remaining 100mb, you will get a notification/reminder from Etisalat saying "DEAR SUBSCRIBER, YOU HAVE 100MB bla bla bla"

The funny thing is that, i didn't get this message from Etisalat.

2) if the data further drops to 10mb, a reminder will still be sent by the system, saying "Dear Subscriber, your data balance is 10mb bla bla bla".

Also, i didn't get this message.

3) Am equally using a firewall(NETGUARD to be precise) on my device that restrict all apps from loading my data connection. I only allow access to particular apps

Now, i called customer helpline only to hear "OUR SYSTEM IS STILL UPDATING YOUR DATA USAGE"

SCREENSHOTS ATTACHED.

LALASTICLALA & Oga Seun, please this deserves frontPage

Re: How Etisalat Defrauded Me Of 1gb Data by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 28, 2016
cry
Re: How Etisalat Defrauded Me Of 1gb Data by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 28, 2016
. cry
Re: How Etisalat Defrauded Me Of 1gb Data by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 28, 2016

Re: How Etisalat Defrauded Me Of 1gb Data by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 28, 2016
Last image captions

"0MB LEFT"

Re: How Etisalat Defrauded Me Of 1gb Data by lawrenceunaa: 4:56pm On May 28, 2016
Op u didnt arrange ur post well. losts of screenshots. just post appropriate ones

u still have 500mb left. ETISALAT internet speed is high and i can categorically tell u that it was the cause. download internet speed meter apk u will see that ur connection is reading even when nothing is connecting that's ETISALAT problem. Even their free15mb can't load two nairaland pages.
Re: How Etisalat Defrauded Me Of 1gb Data by sorextee(m): 5:15pm On May 28, 2016
U didn't read the full message. U still have 507 mb left..
Re: How Etisalat Defrauded Me Of 1gb Data by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 28, 2016
sorextee:
U didn't read the full message. U still have 507 mb left..
The 507mb is to surf educational website. Its not the actual 1gb
Re: How Etisalat Defrauded Me Of 1gb Data by Mrhansel(m): 5:50pm On May 28, 2016
Simply call cc instead creating a NL thread
Re: How Etisalat Defrauded Me Of 1gb Data by Mattex001(m): 5:57pm On May 28, 2016
lawrenceunaa:
Op u didnt arrange ur post well. losts of screenshots. just post appropriate ones

u still have 500mb left. ETISALAT internet speed is high and i can categorically tell u that it was the cause. download internet speed meter apk u will see that ur connection is reading even when nothing is connecting that's ETISALAT problem. Even their free15mb can't load two nairaland pages.

Okay, ure apparently exaggerating.. I subscribed for the 500naira for 500mb plan for one month and that's I Ave been using for almost two weeks now and I still have a data balance of about 100mb

Etisalat network is fast no doubt but u don't get charged by the speed of the network, rather by the size of the page you are viewing or size of the file ure downloading. You want to tell me if I'm viewing a page of 2kb I'll be charged 20mb because the network is very fast? Nah that theory is faulty check again!

Perhaps it must have been an error in their system you shud call CC and tender your complaints

Even your phone data usage monitor is saying u used only 100+mb so that's a compelling evidence that u data was wiped by the system.

1 Like

Re: How Etisalat Defrauded Me Of 1gb Data by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 28, 2016
Mrhansel:
Simply call cc instead creating a NL thread
Done that. Telling me system is updating my data usage & also kept telling me to call every 2hrs
Re: How Etisalat Defrauded Me Of 1gb Data by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 28, 2016
Mattex001:

Okay, ure apparently exaggerating.. I subscribed for the 500naira for 500mb plan for one month and that's I Ave been using for almost two weeks now and I still have a data balance of about 100mb

Etisalat network is fast no doubt but u don't get charged by the speed of the network, rather by the size of the page you are viewing or size of the file ure downloading. You want to tell me if I'm viewing a page of 2kb I'll be charged 20mb because the network is very fast? Nah that theory is faulty check again!

Perhaps it must have been an error in their system you shud call CC and tender your complaints

Even your phone data usage monitor is saying u used only 100+mb so that's a compelling evidence that u data was wiped by the system.

Bro, i teally dont know what to do. I ve called CUStomer CARE, all they telling me is to call back every 2hrs.

I'm 200% sure i never exhausted 150mb.
Re: How Etisalat Defrauded Me Of 1gb Data by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 28, 2016
lawrenceunaa:

Bro, i know what am saying. Something is actually wrong with the system.

Did you read the line in my post that says "instead of giving me 1gb, i was given 500mb."?
Also, the customer agent could testify to that and apology was rendered with my 500huns refunded
Re: How Etisalat Defrauded Me Of 1gb Data by Kaysalas(m): 7:35pm On May 29, 2016
Mattex001:

hi mattex, kindly send mail to my naira land handle at yahoo don come
Re: How Etisalat Defrauded Me Of 1gb Data by saxby(f): 8:52pm On May 29, 2016
Take heart and go buy another
Re: How Etisalat Defrauded Me Of 1gb Data by malton: 11:09pm On May 29, 2016
OP, I like the looks of your phone. What make and model is it?
Re: How Etisalat Defrauded Me Of 1gb Data by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 30, 2016
malton:
OP, I like the looks of your phone. What make and model is it?
Infinix Hot Note (O.S LOLLIPOP)

(1) (Reply)

Please Which Android Phone Should I Go For? / Download Solo S450 Sstock Rom / How Do I Port Cwmr On Infinix X600

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.