Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,080 members, 7,811,021 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Knowing Your Brother's / Sister's Religious Or Metaphysical Doctrine - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Knowing Your Brother's / Sister's Religious Or Metaphysical Doctrine (617 Views)

Nigeria Popular Pastors That May Lead You To Hell If You Follow Their Doctrine / Either You Unite With The Church Doctrine Or You Are Against The Bible...... / Nigeria Metaphysical Stores Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Knowing Your Brother's / Sister's Religious Or Metaphysical Doctrine by VeriLee: 11:22am On Aug 22, 2009
There are plenty of relgions across the face of the planet, with the practitioners of these religions each claiming that their religion or beliefs plays an important role in the conduct of their lifes. It is also true that in some place, this diversity of religions breeds tensions and disharmony across the inter-religious lines. It could be argued that a great deal of this tension is the result of ignorance of the other person's religion. So in the interest of smoothening out such tension, I would like to invite people to educate their friends, neighbours and strangers about the nature of their religion. You could structure your discussion along the following lines:

1) What the core tenets of your religion are.

2) How long you have been a follower of this religion and the changes it has made in your life.

3) What you know about other religions.

4) What the core similarities/difference are between your religion and other religions.

5) The prospects of the world in view of the diversity of human beliefs.

Many thankz
Re: Knowing Your Brother's / Sister's Religious Or Metaphysical Doctrine by jagunlabi(m): 12:44pm On Aug 22, 2009
Good idea,although i doubt if this will not degenerate into another one of those boring religious mudslingings.
Re: Knowing Your Brother's / Sister's Religious Or Metaphysical Doctrine by huxley(m): 9:48am On Aug 23, 2009
jagunlabi:

Good idea,although i doubt if this will not degenerate into another one of those boring religious mudslingings.

Agreed, this is a very good thread to foster discussion amongst the various worldview. I wonder why it is being avoided by the religious. Could it be that they do not really KNOW what they got themselves into by joining their religions? I suspect this is the case.
Re: Knowing Your Brother's / Sister's Religious Or Metaphysical Doctrine by huxley(m): 1:00pm On Aug 28, 2009
Is anyone interested in know more about Sussicorn?

(1) (Reply)

The Evolving Hiv Virus / Introducing "zionwall" A Christian Social Networking Website / "god Asked Me To Form A Church" How Biblical ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.