Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,556 members, 7,823,442 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

"god Asked Me To Form A Church" How Biblical ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "god Asked Me To Form A Church" How Biblical ? (617 Views)

Lagos Prophet Sets Member On Fire Because God Asked Him To / How Biblical Is Church Wedding? / An Open Letter To The Church: How The Church Can Make The World A Better Place (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"god Asked Me To Form A Church" How Biblical ? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Nov 30, 2009
The trend nowadays is for people to claim that Gopd has asked them to form churches.All through the history of christianity before the twentieth century churches have always beign formed because of doctrinal differences.From the time of the marcionites,arians lutherans e.t.c doctrinal differences or differant scriptural interpretation has been the basis for church formation.

Today reverse is the case ,a man just sleeps wakes up and claims that God has asked him to go and form a church.
Since the advent of pentecostalism over 30,000 churches have sprouted in a little ver 100 years.

My question is does this have any biblical basis that God wil ak someone to form a church, amazingly the tremendous increase in the no of churches have not impacted in an icrease in the overall christian population since christians just switch churches.

Ironically the % of christians have depreciated over the years
Re: "god Asked Me To Form A Church" How Biblical ? by KunleOshob(m): 11:47am On Dec 01, 2009
It is not only unbiblical but contrary to the direct instructions given in the bible. That is apart of the heresy of lying against God that it is God that aksed them to form the church. Most people just form churches to fufill their selfish and myopic desires. Here is what the bible has to say about divisions[denominations] in the church:

1 Corinthians 1:10-13:
10But I urge and entreat you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you be in perfect harmony and full agreement in what you say, and that there be no dissensions or factions or divisions among you, but that you be perfectly united in your common understanding and in your opinions and judgments.
11For it has been made clear to me, my brethren, by those of Chloe's household, that there are contentions and wrangling and factions among you. 12What I mean is this, that each one of you [either] says, I belong to Paul, or I belong to Apollos, or I belong to Cephas (Peter), or I belong to Christ. 13Is Christ (the Messiah) divided into parts? Was Paul crucified on behalf of you? Or were you baptized into the name of Paul?
Re: "god Asked Me To Form A Church" How Biblical ? by jagunlabi(m): 2:06pm On Dec 01, 2009
It is called, "divine inspiration", the same kind of inspiration that wrote and assembled the bible itself.So how "biblical" is the creation of the bible itself?By that i mean, where is the proof that the book was divinely and not demonically inspired?

(1) (Reply)

Rehabilitating robbers / Christian Preacher Arrested For Saying Homosexuality Is A Sin In The Usa / Thank God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.