Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

Are There Atheists In Nigeria? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are There Atheists In Nigeria? (3563 Views)

Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 / "There Are No Atheists In Foxholes" How True Is That? / Atheists In Lagos And Worldwide, Come And Witness Limb Growing Miracle!!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by ilovetheline: 10:11pm On May 28, 2016
What do you think?
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by theDEVILisHERE: 10:25pm On May 28, 2016
Yes there are

I'm not one tho
I don't do believe systems ie: Religion, Atheism, occultism etc
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by ilovetheline: 11:16pm On May 28, 2016
theDEVILisHERE:
Yes there are

I'm not one tho

how did you cone to this. Did u janz?
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by tollyboy5(m): 12:40am On May 29, 2016
We are much on nairaland my dear and nigeria as a whole jst dat its mostly educated men & free thinkers dat becomes atheist

2 Likes

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:53am On May 29, 2016
theDEVILisHERE:
Yes there are

I'm not one tho

Atheism ain't a belief system. Try to know about something before u talk about it; so you don't appear ignorant.
Atheism is a lack of believe in a deity.

1 Like

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by ValentineMary(m): 7:12am On May 29, 2016
Stay a little longer on the religion section u go see say na we full here. grin Also on other social media atheist population is much. I joined a Nigerian atheist group on fb that had about 5,000 members most are atheist.
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by donnffd(m): 7:17am On May 29, 2016
ilovetheline:
[left][/left] what do you think

They are plenty oooooo.....its nice to see Nigerians thinking for themselves

3 Likes

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Akposkool(m): 7:26am On May 29, 2016
Yes there are. Some of them is because of ignorance and poverty.
Please join me celebrate am a year older today. Show a brother some love with your likes

1 Like

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by ilovetheline: 10:54am On May 29, 2016
Akposkool:
Please join me celebrate am a year older today. Show a brother some love with your likes
atheists are more likely rational

1 Like

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:17am On May 29, 2016
By asking this question, it is evident that you hardly visit religion section. We full ground. I am a proud atheist who was once a christian from Plateau State

2 Likes

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by ilovetheline: 11:21am On May 29, 2016
AnalyticEngine:
By asking this question, it is evident that you hardly visit religion section. We full ground. I am a proud atheist who was once a christian from Plateau State
please share your story
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by theDEVILisHERE: 12:35pm On May 29, 2016
Julianyao:

Atheism ain't a belief system. Try to know about something before u talk about it; so you don't appear ignorant.
Atheism is a lack of believe in a deity.

Atheism is a belief system cause it is a SYSTEM

In a system there are barriers and rules which the followers are ment to abide by

A system is not geared towards finding the TRUTH

Rather it is ment to potray a certain narrative

The TRUTH is the real deal cause only the truth can make you do the right thing (not the good thing)

YOU CANNOT FIND THE TRUTH IN ANY BELIEF SYSTEM
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by theDEVILisHERE: 12:37pm On May 29, 2016
ValentineMary:
Stay a little longer on the religion section u go see say na we full here. grin Also on other social media atheist population is much. I joined a Nigerian atheist group on fb that had about 5,000 members most are atheist.

Do they have ladies in that group??
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by ValentineMary(m): 12:51pm On May 29, 2016
theDEVILisHERE:

Do they have ladies in that group??
Yes
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 29, 2016
This is the question I have always wanted to ask but I have some. things holding me back. Atheist in Nigeria are too passive. If truly Atheism is practiced the way it should be in Nigeria then I should tune to NTA and see debates. Take a case study of Richard, Seuss.. You guys should move the talk.

Not an Atheist tho' but a lover of knowledge.
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 1:50pm On May 29, 2016
donnffd:

.its nice to see Nigerians thinking for themselves

this comment is daft

@op

They are many . Most are the scums of the Nigerian society . The Touts , drunks are very atheistic . Try preaching the gospel to them . I entered a bus the other day and the conductor was mocking a preacher .

Try preaching in a peer palour and see mockery . Some traders too are very atheistic . They tell you nothing like heaven or hell and its all lies .

In igbo : Owenghi ihe dika ihe a hu . Nna , hapu that thing

1 Like

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by theDEVILisHERE: 2:01pm On May 29, 2016
ValentineMary:
Yes
Really!!
would love a wife with such frame of mind
Can you give me the link
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by donnffd(m): 2:03pm On May 29, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

this comment is daft

@op

They are many . Most are the scums of the Nigerian society . The Touts , drunks are very atheistic . Try preaching the gospel to them . I entered a bus the other day and the conductor was mocking a preacher .

Try preaching in a peer palour and see mockery . Some traders too are very atheistic . They tell you nothing like heaven or hell and its all lies .

I wont dignify you with a response...

15 Likes

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by theDEVILisHERE: 2:09pm On May 29, 2016
AYOBAMEE911:
This is the question I have always wanted to ask but I have some. things holding me back. Atheist in Nigeria are too passive. If truly Atheism is practiced the way it should be in Nigeria then I should tune to NTA and see debates. Take a case study of Richard, Seuss.. You guys should move the talk.

Not an Atheist tho' but a lover of knowledge.

You're correct

They need to evangelize more

letting religious knuckle heads brainwash more black African people into idiotic zombies is the worst thing any rational thinking person should be allowing

The future of black people depends on you guys if you don't know

12 Likes

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 29, 2016
O BOY THIS NA 9JA O JUST SAY AM AN ATHEIST AND EVERYBODY GO DAY LOOK U LIKE SAY U BE SATAN PIKIN IS BETTER YOU KEEP SHUT

6 Likes

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by ValentineMary(m): 4:18pm On May 29, 2016
theDEVILisHERE:

Really!!
would love a wife with such frame of mind
Can you give me the link
https://mobile./223797527734651?refid=27

1 Like

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by theDEVILisHERE: 4:22pm On May 29, 2016
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by tollyboy5(m): 8:33am On May 31, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

this comment is daft

@op

Padi everybody has reason 2 b an atheist like me I read bible a lot & sometime ma padi dem b dey luk at me as bible scholar but I don't believe in God.most mystery attach 2 God I've been trying 2 explain dem in ma site but true yet,market women might b intelligent than graduate is allowed but every 1 has dere own reasons so I guess Ill prefer a lady dats nt religious & tell ma children dere is no God so they shud learn 2 use common sense bt if she is a Christian no p. If ma children follows her 2 church no p & if dey want me 2 join dem in church ill go if I'm less buzy bt it won't change ma knowledge about things
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Seun(m): 3:49pm On Dec 20, 2016
Yes, we are here. I'm proud to be among those who try to base their beliefs on evidence.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 20, 2016
There are atheists all over the world. Some peeps just haven't found a definition for their 'beliefs'.

By the way, the first time I saw the word 'atheist' (I think that should be in primary 4 or 3), and after its meaning was explained to me, I was at shock because I didn't believe anybody can just subscribe to that. It's all a different ball game now. Knowledge is pain indeed!
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by Flexherbal(m): 4:16pm On Dec 20, 2016
Every man to his belief!
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by hahn(m): 5:38pm On Dec 20, 2016
Flexherbal:
Every man to his belief!

...and disbelief
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by chacoonder(m): 5:43pm On Dec 20, 2016
donnffd:

I wont dignify you with a response...
Perfect response!. .i think the guy needs a brain reset.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by theoneJabulani(m): 9:28pm On Dec 20, 2016
Present sir coolPresent sir
Re: Are There Atheists In Nigeria? by mmsen: 9:29pm On Dec 20, 2016
Akposkool:

It is the religious who stupidly cling to their myths because of poverty and ignorance and not atheists.

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" / There Will Be Alot Of Death Through 2go Tomorrow -T.B Joshua / Any Spiritual Consequence Of A Mad Man Wearing Your Used Cloths?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.