Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or (4922 Views)

No African Country Voted For Osimhen For Balon D'or (Photo) / Winning A 7th Balon D'or Would Be Crazy - Lionel Messi / Who Do You Guys Think Deserves To Be Called Africa's Best Player. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by Nobody: 9:53am On May 27, 2018
Final standings - most club goals in all competitions, 2017-18

(players in top 5 European leagues):
45 L.Messi
44 C.Ronaldo, M.Salah
41 C.Immobile, H.Kane, R.Lewandowski
40 E.Cavani

Most goals scored in the 2017/18 Champions League:

⚪️ Cristiano Ronaldo (15)
� Mohamed Salah (10)
� Roberto Firmino (10)
� Sadio Mané (10)

Leo Messi became the first player in football history to win the European Golden Boot five times

� 2010 - 34 ⚽️
� 2012 - 50 ⚽️
� 2013 - 46 ⚽️
� 2017 - 37 ⚽️
� 2018 - 35 ⚽️

Cristiano Ronaldo becomes first player in the Champions League era to lift the trophy five times:

07/08: �Man Utd
13/14: �Real Madrid
15/16: �Real Madrid
16/17: �Real Madrid
17/18: �Real Madrid

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by Nobody: 9:55am On May 27, 2018
Messi

15 Likes

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by Nobody: 9:55am On May 27, 2018
Ronaldo

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by oooduancalmdown: 9:57am On May 27, 2018
None of the above. Why must it always be the two of them?
Gareth Bale or Mo Salah should win it this year. Let us give it to someone new. I prefer Salah though.

6 Likes

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by madridguy(m): 10:00am On May 27, 2018
CR7 all the way.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by AshCoded(m): 10:08am On May 27, 2018
C. Ronaldo

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by olasaad(f): 10:14am On May 27, 2018
CR7 of course but we have to wait for the world cup first

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by dedonfranco(m): 10:22am On May 27, 2018
CR7

5 Likes

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by KevinDein: 10:44am On May 27, 2018
Wait, are you guys implying that the team that wins the Champions League should always produce the ballon d'or winner? This is ridiculous. The Champions League, which is just a twelve game tournament for the winner, is more often than not decided by a lot of factors like refereeing errors, lucky draws, injuries to oppositions players etc. The league gives a far truer and better picture of which team has actually being better across a season; 38 games played and everyone plays everyone twice. No luck can win you this. Not even refereeing errors.

You can't confidently tell me that
Roma is better than Juventus because the went further in the UCL, or Liverpool are better than Man city or Real Madrid are better than Barça.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by obonujoker(m): 10:48am On May 27, 2018
KevinDein:
Wait, are you guys implying that the team that wins the Champions League should always produce the ballon d'or winner? This is ridiculous. The Champions League, which is just a twelve game tournament for the winner, is more often than not decided by a lot of factors like refereeing errors, lucky draws, injuries to oppositions players etc. The league gives a far truer and better picture of which team has actually being better across a season; 38 games played and everyone plays everyone twice. No luck can win you this. Not even refereeing errors.

You can't confidently tell me that
Roma is better than Juventus because the went further in the UCL, or Liverpool are better than Man city or Real Madrid are better than Barça.

You are just a scared barcalomessi fan who is concerned and worried that since Real Madrid won the UCL, Ronaldo is the favourite, having won his 7th UCL golden boot... buh fret not, this is world cup year, perhaps if Messi wins the world cup, then he'd win it....

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by KevinDein: 10:53am On May 27, 2018
obonujoker:

You are just a scared barcalomessi fan who is concerned and worried that since Real Madrid won the UCL, Ronaldo is the favourite, having won his 7th UCL golden boot... buh fret not, this is world cup year, perhaps if Messi wins the world cup, then he'd win it....
I'm not a Barcelona fan BTW.

But my post is clear, why should Ronaldo be favorite for the ballon d'or simply because he wins a short tournament that is more often than not decided by a lot non football factors.

Where is it written that the winner of the Champions League should produce the ballon d'or winner?

5 Likes

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by obonujoker(m): 10:57am On May 27, 2018
KevinDein:

I'm not a Barcelona fan BTW.

But my post is clear, why should Ronaldo be favorite for the ballon d'or simply because he wins a short tournament that is more often than not decided by a lot non football factors.

Where is it written that the winner of the Champions League should produce the ballon d'or winner?

UCL is the biggest tournament in a season bro, except maybe for a world cup year... It has always been like that safe a few times, which Messi started in 2010...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by KevinDein: 11:06am On May 27, 2018
obonujoker:

UCL is the biggest tournament in a season bro, except maybe for a world cup year... It has always been like that safe a few times, which Messi started in 2010...
Says who

Is Roma better than Juventus?
Is Liverpool better than Man city?
Is Madrid better than Barça?

All the teams in the left went further in the Champions League than those on the right but they all finished much lower in their respective leagues.

The Champions League is not the right index to judge which team or player is the best. Luck plays too much of a role in determining the winner.

5 Likes

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by obonujoker(m): 11:10am On May 27, 2018
KevinDein:

Says who

Is Roma better than Juventus?
Is Liverpool better than Man city?
Is Madrid better than Barça?

All the teams in the left went further in the Champions League than those on the right but they all finished much lower in their respective leagues.

The Champions League is not the right index to judge which team or player is the best. Luck plays to much of a role in determining the winner.

Lol... Man city and Liverpool played 4 times this season, and Liverpool won thrice... so who is better?

Barca and Madrid played 4 times this season, Madrid won 2ce, Barca once and 1 draw... so who is better??

Check out those that won the Ballon dor, they always win the UCL or world cup, until Messi started it in 2010...

6 Likes

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by Auladimeji(m): 11:16am On May 27, 2018
Messi

3 Likes

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by Auladimeji(m): 11:19am On May 27, 2018
winkGod save the king

6 Likes

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by Goldmaxx(f): 12:29pm On May 27, 2018
cr7....fvük bitch pessi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by Goldmaxx(f): 12:31pm On May 27, 2018
LA me midget.. LA fake retirement
Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by tesppidd: 12:46pm On May 27, 2018
Edoloaded:
Final standings - most club goals in all competitions, 2017-18

(players in top 5 European leagues):
45 L.Messi
44 C.Ronaldo, M.Salah
41 C.Immobile, H.Kane, R.Lewandowski
40 E.Cavani

Most goals scored in the 2017/18 Champions League:

⚪️ Cristiano Ronaldo (15)
� Mohamed Salah (10)
� Roberto Firmino (10)
� Sadio Mané (10)

Leo Messi became the first player in football history to win the European Golden Boot five times

� 2010 - 34 ⚽️
� 2012 - 50 ⚽️
� 2013 - 46 ⚽️
� 2017 - 37 ⚽️
� 2018 - 35 ⚽️

Cristiano Ronaldo becomes first player in the Champions League era to lift the trophy five times:

07/08: �Man Utd
13/14: �Real Madrid
15/16: �Real Madrid
16/17: �Real Madrid
17/18: �Real Madrid

you're obviously a ronaldo fan boy.

you're talking about ballon dor 2018 and you're bringing in statistics from several years ago.

messi has been the best player in 2018, no contest.

*highest number of goals
*highest number of assists
*la liga
*copa del rey
*pichichi Spanish top scorer
*european golden shoe

who came close

who?

a fine performance at the world cup should be the icing on the cake.

3 Likes

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by andrew444(m): 12:47pm On May 27, 2018
obonujoker:

I am a Messi fan but Ronaldo will win it because Messi will not win the World Cup,Argentina team is nothing to write home about but anything can happen,cr7 is favorite champions league means a lot

1 Like

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by jbtobsyn(m): 12:57pm On May 27, 2018
andrew444:

I am a Messi fan but Ronaldo will win it because Messi will not win the World Cup,Argentina team is nothing to write home about but anything can happen,cr7 is favorite champions league means a lot
So is it Portugal that will win world cup abi.

3 Likes

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by tesppidd: 12:58pm On May 27, 2018
andrew444:

ronaldo is winning nothing.

this is not 2014 when he scored a meaningless penalty in the final and pulled his shirt.

this is not 2016 when he scored the last penalty in the shoot out and pulled his shirt.

this time he failed to score in the semi final and final, and was useless in the semi and final.

this time the champions league has failed to make him a favourite.

the world cup will have a big say on who wins ballon for this time.

messi doesn't necessarily have to win the world cup to win ballon dor.

if he plays well and wins the golden ball or the golden boot and argentina go far, maybe to the semi finals, and if portugal crash out early;

messi will win it.

also;

if brazil wins there is neymar.

if france wins there is griezman.

if belgium wins there is de bryune.

if spain wins there is ramos or iniesta.

i pity those calling ronaldo for ballon dor.

there is still a very long way to go.

6 Likes

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by andrew444(m): 1:02pm On May 27, 2018
jbtobsyn:

So is it Portugal that will win world cup abi.

My broda not at all,pls don't get me wrong.

Portugal will not win the World Cup nor Argentina.

So you think if a team like Germany win the World Cup or Spain you think there will be a balon d or winner from there ? Keep on dreaming.

Ronaldo won the last 2 balon d or because Madrid won the champions league and you think he will not win this one ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by obonujoker(m): 1:04pm On May 27, 2018
tesppidd:
you're obviously a ronaldo fan boy.

you're talking about ballon dor 2018 and you're bringing in statistics from several years ago.

messi has been the best player in 2018, no contest.

*highest number of goals
*highest number of assists
*la liga
*copa del rey
*pichichi Spanish top scorer
*european golden shoe

who came close

who?

a fine performance at the world cup should be the icing on the cake.

Ronaldo...

5th UCL
UCL golden boot 7th time
44 goals and 11 assists in 43 games
Spanish super copa

still to come...

UEFA super cup ( where he would still win UEFA best player)
World club cup ( where he will likely win the golden ball like last year)

So, Messi chances are slim unless he wins world cup...

1 Like

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by andrew444(m): 1:05pm On May 27, 2018
tesppidd:

this is not 2014 when he scored a meaningless penalty in the final and pulled his shirt.

this is not 2016 when he scores the last penalty in the shoot out and pulled his shirt.

this time he failed to score in the semi final and final, and was useless.

if he plays well and wins the golden ball or the golden boot and argentina go far, maybe to the semi finals, and if portugal crash out early;

messi will win it.

also;

if brazil wins there is neymar

if france wins there is griezman

if belgium wins there is de bryune

if spain wins there is ramos or iniesta

i pity those calling ronaldo for ballon dor

there is still a very long way to go

Bros I pray Messi should win it because I will happy as a Barca fan .

But common stop dreaming if belgium win World Cup de Bruyne? Lol ,if Spain win iniesta or Ramos?

When Spain won the 2010 World Cup did iniesta win it? Or you don't watch football then ?

When Germany won last World Cup did any German player win it ?

Bros the balon d or is between Ronaldo and Messi take it or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by obonujoker(m): 1:08pm On May 27, 2018
tesppidd:

this is not 2016 when he scored the last penalty in the shoot out and pulled his shirt.

this time he failed to score in the semi final and final, and was useless in the semi and final.

messi will win it.

also;

if brazil wins there is neymar.

if france wins there is griezman.

if belgium wins there is de bryune.

if spain wins there is ramos or iniesta.

i pity those calling ronaldo for ballon dor.

there is still a very long way to go.

Bro we all know Argentina can't win the world cup... so Messi chances are slim... Ronaldo still has UEFA super cup and World club cup to play... of Portugal reach QF lasan.... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by tesppidd: 1:15pm On May 27, 2018
andrew444:

Bros I pray Messi should win it because I will happy as a Barca fan .

But common stop dreaming if belgium win World Cup de Bruyne? Lol ,if Spain win iniesta or Ramos?

When Spain won the 2010 World Cup did iniesta win it? Or you don't watch football then ?

When Germany won last World Cup did any German player win it ?
Now listen carefully

Stop concluding that ronaldo will win ballon dor because he won the champions league

Football is like a biscuit, you never know where it's going to break

The ballon dor race is still very very open

Bookies have declared the world cup favourites to be

Germany
Brazil
Spain
France
Argentina
Belgium

What it means is that any of the above 6 can win it.

If you sit there and declare that Belgium cannot win the world cup then you know nothing about football.

Any one of the above 6 can win it.

When ronaldo win the ballon dor in 2014 he only had one ballon dor and messi had 4.
Ronaldo got a lot of sympathy votes as well at that time.
Today he has got 5 ballon dors.

I bet if Brazil wins the world cup and neymar stars he wins it

If Spain wins the world cup and iniesta shines he wins it

If Belgium wins the world cup and de bryune shines he wins it

If France wins the world cup and Griezman shines he wins it

This isn't 2014.

The ballon dor race remains very open.

2 Likes

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by tesppidd: 1:16pm On May 27, 2018
obonujoker:

Bro we all know Argentina can't win the world cup... so Messi chances are slim... Ronaldo still has UEFA super cup and World club cup to play... of Portugal reach QF lasan.... grin
uefa super cup against athletico or club world cup played after voting has been done?

be deceiving yasef there.
Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by andrew444(m): 1:19pm On May 27, 2018
tesppidd:
now listen carefully

Stop concluding that ronaldo will win ballon dor because he won the champions league

Football is like a biscuit, you never know where it's going to break

The ballon dor race is still very very open

Bookies have declared the world cup favourites to be

Germany
Brazil
Spain
France
Argentina
Belgium

What it means is that any of the above 6 can win it.

If you sit there and declare that Belgium cannot win the world cup then you know nothing about football.

Any one of the above 6 can win it.

When ronaldo win the ballon dor in 2014 he only had one ballon dor and messi had 4.
Ronaldo got a lot of sympathy votes as well at that time.
Today he has got 5 ballon dors.

I bet if Brazil wins the world cup and neymar stars he wins it

If Spain wins the world cup and iniesta shines he wins it

If Belgium wins the world cup and de bryune shines he wins it

If France wins the world cup and Griezman shines he wins it

This isn't 2014.

The ballon dor race remains very open.

I did not say Belgium cannot win the World Cup they got great players or can't you read what I said ?

I said even if Belgium win the World Cup it won't be given to de Bruyne.

Now you skip my questions.

Why didn't iniesta won the balon d or when Spain won the World Cup ? I guess you didn't see this.

I pray Messi win the balon d or as I will be the happiest person but I will not be bias in my judgement.

If those country wey you mention if Dem like make dem win World Cup,the balon d or is within 2 players take it or you don't know anything about football or you haven't been following the balon d or award for years.

1 Like

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by obonujoker(m): 1:22pm On May 27, 2018
tesppidd:
uefa super cup against athletico or club world cup played after voting has been done?

be deceiving yasef there.

Lol... Super cup is played before voting bro... grin

1 Like

Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by tesppidd: 1:29pm On May 27, 2018
andrew444:

I did not say Belgium cannot win the World Cup they got great players or can't you read what I said ?

I said even if Belgium win the World Cup it won't be given to de Bruyne.

Now you skip my questions.

Why didn't iniesta won the balon d or when Spain won the World Cup ? I guess you didn't see this.

I pray Messi win the balon d or as I will be the happiest person but I will not be bias in my judgement.

If those country wey you mention if Dem like make dem win World Cup,the balon d or is within 2 players take it or you don't know anything about football or you haven't been following the balon d or award for years.
why do you think the same thing that happened in 2010 or 2014 will happen again?

Is 2010 and 2018 the same thing?

Read my post again and you will find the answers you seek.
Re: Between Ronaldo And Messi, Who Do You Think Deserves This Year's Balon D'or by tesppidd: 1:31pm On May 27, 2018
obonujoker:

Lol... Super cup is played before voting bro... grin
I said club world cup.

And I said super cup Is against athletico.

You don't know how to read?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Surulere Wins Gold, Cash Prize In BOS Cup, Ifako, Agege Teams Runners-up / Thread For Free Daily 2odds / Which Is Your Favourite Sports Show Tv/radio?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.