Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement (38314 Views)

Joseph Yobo Visits His Mother In Port Harcourt (Photo) / Yobo Testimonial Match : Osita Iheme (paw Paw) Scores - Video / Ifeanyi Ubah, Eto, David Moyes Others Arrive Port Harcourt For Yobo Testimonial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by MARKone(m): 11:44am On May 29, 2016
tundeonline:
Okocha Naija 001

Part 2 of Pastor David is here

Watch, laugh and share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZkK7Ze5ezk

Is this supposed to be funny or what, nonsense.
Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by HomeOfMe(f): 11:44am On May 29, 2016
iamVirus:

At the height of his prowess, Bolton Wanderers fans used to sing that Austin ‘Jay Jay’ Okocha was so good they named him twice.
More than a decade after he last played for the Super Eagles, Nigeria fans want the former midfielder recalled from retirement after he dazzled at Friday’s testimonial for Joseph Yobo in Port Harcourt.
Even Cameroonian super star Samuel Eto’o was intimidated by his array of skills that he asked for the Nigeria legend to be substituted before half time.
Okocha set up two goals for Team Nigeria with some piercing passes from midfield which left everyone stunned by his vision. His feints and turns left opponents lost as he took viewers down memory lane.
Fans took to social media in appreciation of his vintage skills which looked as fresh as it was in youth despite not having played professional football for more than a decade.
If the wish of Nigeria fans comes true, Okocha might be lacing his boots once again for the Super Eagles who have failed to qualify for the Africa Cup of Nations on two consecutive editions.
He won’t be the only legend coming out of retirement though as Brazilian legend Pele has also said he would be warming up to play at the Olympics in August.
Who knows, Nigeria U23 coach Samson Siasia might have found the magic player for his final over-23 slot for the summer.

Read Some Tweets Below:

Bimbo omo Adeola @bimbolovesmusic
Austin Okocha is no doubt Nigeria's most gifted player of all time.
6:54 PM - 27 May 2016 · Ikeja, Nigeria, Nigeria
16 16 Retweets
7 7 likes
Follow

Godwin Enakhena @genakhena
Baba God, please, forgive us our sins and bless Nigeria with another JJ Okocha...Watching the Yobo Testimonial on...
6:33 PM - 27 May 2016
97 97 Retweets
39 39 likes
Follow

Rob Delport @FMSouthAfrica
Jay Jay Okocha still a joy to watch... #YoboTestimonial
6:26 PM - 27 May 2016 · Cape Town, South Africa, South Africa
5 5 Retweets
2 2 likes
Follow

Lolade Adewuyi
✔ @Jololade
Someone just said we should recall Jay Jay from retirement. He's that good. #YoboTestimonial
6:21 PM - 27 May 2016 · Nigeria, Nigeria
26 26 Retweets
10 10 likes
Follow

Deji Kofi Faremi
✔ @deejayfaremi
Legends having fun.
Eto'o has just signalled to the referee that Okocha be replaced. He won't play against him anymore.
6:18 PM - 27 May 2016
9 9 Retweets
2 2 likes

[img]http://timenaija.ownwap.eu/files/1088459/PhotoGrid_1464507131734.jpg[/img]
[img]http://timenaija.ownwap.eu/files/1088459/_20160529_083602.JPG[/img]
[img]http://timenaija.ownwap.eu/files/1088459/_20160529_083319.JPG[/img]
[img]http://timenaija.ownwap.eu/files/1088459/_20160529_083654.JPG[/img]
[img]http://timenaija.ownwap.eu/files/1088459/_20160529_083636.JPG[/img]
[img]http://timenaija.ownwap.eu/files/1088459/_20160529_083621.JPG[/img]

Source: http://www.timenaija.com/okocha-steals-etos-testimonial-match-fan.xhtml
Jay Jay okocha is a show stopper any day!

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by onatisi(m): 11:45am On May 29, 2016
harsysky:

People will attack you for this but I believe you. You are so so on point. Whether you are born with it o or you trained and got it, all that matters is Focus, Vision, Diligence and Enthusiasm . 100000 likes for you.
I don't think u followed okocha career very well. When the chips are down and all his players becomes confused okocha always rises up above everyone. Eg,Nigeria vs Denmark, nations cup 2000 Nigeria vs Cameroon.

4 Likes

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by harsysky(m): 11:49am On May 29, 2016
onatisi:
I don't think u followed okocha career very well. When the chips are down and all his players becomes confused okocha always rises up above everyone. Eg,Nigeria vs Denmark, nations cup 2000 Nigeria vs Cameroon.

I quite understand you. He has it in him. He was the best naija player but most times unseriousness took the better of him. Do you think it's only Okocha who was like that? They were numerous. People like Quaresma, Nani, Robinho etc they had it inborn but were not focus.

2 Likes

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by onatisi(m): 11:57am On May 29, 2016
harsysky:

I quite understand you. He has it in him. He was the best naija player but most times unseriousness took the better of him. Do you think it's only Okocha who was like that? They were numerous. People like Quaresma, Nani, Robinho etc they had it inborn but were not focus.
I fully agree with you on this 100000%, he started getting serious towards the end of his football career by that time age wasn't on his side again,the same is gradually happening to balotel now

1 Like

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by harsysky(m): 11:58am On May 29, 2016
onatisi:
I fully agree with you on this 100000%, he started getting serious towards the end of his football career by that time age wasn't on his side again,the same is gradually happening to balotel now

Now you get my point and I'm glad you do. Happy sunday!
Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by Deepfreezer(m): 12:03pm On May 29, 2016
Jay Jay great thou art.
Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by Israel5(m): 12:11pm On May 29, 2016
Leave him alone... Watch out for his Son! Nigerians sef
Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by 989900B: 12:13pm On May 29, 2016
#respect

1 Like

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 29, 2016
Godswillnwaoma:
Okocha is better than Ronaldinho, messi, c Ronaldo combined. I wonder why he retired so earlier.
guess u didn't watch ronaldinho ...DAT guy is better Dan jay jay
Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by naturallysimple(m): 12:41pm On May 29, 2016
White007:
Okocha is a legend.
Aow i wsh we can all protest for okocha to b included in olympic team because d team will b boring if none can emulate ds okocha show embarassed
White007:
Okocha is a legend.
How i wsh we can all protest jan,2012 canival for okocha to b included in olympic team because d team will b boring if none can emulate ds okocha show
Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by tunapawizzy: 12:47pm On May 29, 2016
I didnt watch the game but i can only imagine.... Jayjay is on awhole different level
Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by sinceraconcept(m): 1:12pm On May 29, 2016
I stopped watching super eagles when Okocha retired. Super eagles started being a mess when Okocha retired. I don't even know any of these new boys asides the likes of Michel. Okocha is one in a century,he's to football what Michael Jackson was to music.
Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:11pm On May 29, 2016
VIPERVENOM:
One thing that doesn't leave a good footballer is his technicality. But technicality without good physicality is next to useless. Dat was the case of okocha. As he got older his physicality let him down. He was getting tired quickly. I can remember during his spell at hull city he was gasping for air 15mins into a match. He had no choice Dan to retire. His body couldn't take the physical side of d game anymore. He still remains my football idol. I won't forget dat Bolton vs arsenal match wen he was "heighting" arsenal players anyhow grin

Okocha was still behind the promotion of Hull City and the coming to fame of Frazier Campbell. Even though he was not as bright as the old Jay Jay, his passes and skills were still brilliant.

Some people say Jay Jay lacked technical brilliance but I totally disagree. Clips of his dribbling skills make it look like if that was all Jay Jay was about but watch his vs clips. You will see that Jay Jay was as technically gifted as Zidane.
Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by goodvision12(m): 2:15pm On May 29, 2016
onatisi:
you want him to come back to the super eagles so that you can disgrace him ,abi
He wont last 45mins in a serious match before Nigerians start insulting and abusing him
why yu dey yarn like this?how can i disgrace a football icon like okocha.Abeg oo we are nigerians buh we are not the same.
Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by Chrisx1x(m): 2:20pm On May 29, 2016
Olutola88:
OKOCHA is good but overhyped.

It's easier to play very well when playing for fun. Okocha was never a serious player and couldn't deliver when the stages were hot. Maybe I shud say he was laid-back, visionless or not a go getter.

Look at what Yahaya Toure a less talented footballer achieved with focus, vision, diligence and enthusiasm.

My adorable Mikel's story is similar, very talented but Lazy. Gifted but contended with mediocrity.

If Talent sleeps, Hard work will outshine Talent
i wanted to attack you but as i read further i saw the reasonable point you were trying to make.Players like messi and CR are world best because of the combination of talent and hardwork they put in.while messi is more talented,Ronaldo is more of a workaholic who is determined to be above messi.okocha was never a serious minded player.he always go to small clubs where he would be regarded as the star player and highest paid.he plays to entertain and not neccesarily to win.he was also after money and not after name but no one can deny the fact that he is and was talented.

1 Like

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by Michealinz: 2:21pm On May 29, 2016
Olutola88:

It's easier to play very well when playing for fun. Okocha was never a serious player and couldn't deliver when the stages were hot. Maybe I shud say he was laid-back, visionless or not a go getter.

Look at what Yahaya Toure a less talented footballer achieved with focus, vision, diligence and enthusiasm.

My adorable Mikel's story is similar, very talented but Lazy. Gifted but contended with mediocrity.

Young man can you be truthful for a sec? When last did you toss angry angry angry angrylolo

1 Like

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:22pm On May 29, 2016
Olutola88:

See talk. I doubt you have clearly watched Jay Jay. Go and watch his game against Spain and tell me he played for fun. Okocha used his skills and dribbling ability to attract players to him and create room for the other players in the team to make impact.

He was a genius. Very hard to replicate. Let another player play for fun and come close to him.
Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:24pm On May 29, 2016
harsysky:

People will attack you for this but I believe you. You are so so on point. Whether you are born with it o or you trained and got it, all that matters is Focus, Vision, Diligence and Enthusiasm . 100000 likes for you.

How can he be on point? Saying one of the greatest footballers of all time is overhyped. Okocha is one of the greatest football ever saw. I just hope God blesses us with another
Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by onatisi(m): 2:26pm On May 29, 2016
goodvision12:
why yu dey yarn like this?how can i disgrace a football icon like okocha.Abeg oo we are nigerians buh we are not the same.
bros u no get my gist,if he returns to a competitive game he will disgrace himself . It is always good to quit when the ovation is loudest
Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:26pm On May 29, 2016
onatisi:
Do not mind them. People that hardly watched Okocha are talking. A man who commentators referred to as pure magic on the pitch they call overhyped.
Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by encryptjay(m): 2:27pm On May 29, 2016
No Nigerian player can fill his shoes
It's so disappointing, the only thing our players are looking for is cash.
Our players need to up their game.

1 Like

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by harsysky(m): 2:30pm On May 29, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

How can he be on point? Saying one of the greatest footballers of all time is overhyped. Okocha is one of the greatest football ever saw. I just hope God blesses us with another

You don't Understand cos if you understood, your prayer wouldn't be for God to give us another Okocha. Your prayer should be that God gives us an enthusiastic, focus and diligent Okocha and not just Okocha.
Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:33pm On May 29, 2016
Chrisx1x:
i wanted to attack you but as i read further i saw the reasonable point you were trying to make.Players like messi and CR are world best because of the combination of talent and hardwork they put in.while messi is more talented,Ronaldo is more of a workaholic who is determined to be above messi.okocha was never a serious minded player.he always go to small clubs where he would be regarded as the star player and highest paid.he plays to entertain and not neccesarily to win.he was also after money and not after name but no one can deny the fact that he is and was talented.

Please, Okocha was a workaholic. You see it in his games when there was no hope. Yet, he kept on trying to make things happen. In different games on many occasions.

How people come up with never a serious player baffles me.
Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:36pm On May 29, 2016
harsysky:

You don't Understand cos if you understood, your prayer wouldn't be for God to give us another Okocha. Your prayer should be that God gives us an enthusiastic, focus and diligent Okocha and not just Okocha.

You did not say anything in what you just wrote. Okocha reached the height he achieved based on focus, hard work and perseverance.

Go and watch his games against Manchester United, Boro, Arsenal and see brilliance. Do not wait for Okocha to dribble. Watch his passes. His interceptions. His tackles. He holds the ball and wins free kick.

Please, make me understand. Not just sayjng you do not understand.
Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by onatisi(m): 2:41pm On May 29, 2016
harsysky:

bro,please go and watch okocha games very very well. When the game gets tough ,okocha turns football crazy and you will see him all over the field defending,attacking,crossing and taking on target shots . At such critical moments he becomes a beauty to watch and a talent wish for many credible intelligent coaches

1 Like

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by efembaba(m): 3:17pm On May 29, 2016
People will not stop deceiving themselves and let d sleeping dog lie
Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by kellyJames5(m): 4:32pm On May 29, 2016
cruzita:
its in him
.....just like peak.

1 Like

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 29, 2016
Funny Nigerians. They will be the same to crucify peradventure he fumbles! Smh!

1 Like

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by allytinted: 6:11pm On May 29, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

Okocha was still behind the promotion of Hull City and the coming to fame of Frazier Campbell. Even though he was not as bright as the old Jay Jay, his passes and skills were still brilliant.

Some people say Jay Jay lacked technical brilliance but I totally disagree. Clips of his dribbling skills make it look like if that was all Jay Jay was about but watch his vs clips. You will see that Jay Jay was as technically gifted as Zidane.
....there was even a time pple keep saying d reason bolton weren't relegated was simply because of OKOCHA and then bolton keeper Jaskelainen....no surprise at some pples comment here cos most only watch d national team matches then....fabregas, scholes, parlour, terry nd co. couldnt even deal with d genius of okocha....would never forget d two brilliant goals he scored in a 5-2 drubbing of hull city in d fa cup some years bk.

1 Like

Re: Okocha Steals Yobo's Testimonial Match: Fans Want Him Out Of Retirement by goodvision12(m): 6:16pm On May 29, 2016
onatisi:
bros u no get my gist,if he returns to a competitive game he will disgrace himself . It is always good to quit when the ovation is loudest
Roger that!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

RR Cullinan,The Luxury SUV Every Car-Loving Footballers Are Queuing Up To Buy / Chelsea Sign Kai Havertz From Bayern Leverkusen / England Vs Nigeria Friendly: Pre-Match Lunch At Royal Box Wembley Suite

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.