Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg (3077 Views)

Mother In Law Wants My 2.5 Year Old To Sleepover / My In-law Forcefully Had Sex With Me, My 2 Sisters, Witness Tells Court / Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg by roundandbrown: 10:10am On May 29, 2016
Pls house kindly help a brother

my little girl is having K leg which am not happy with and d question is.is there any way to correct it at this early age of hers.

is not really much now but if u look at her leg very well u will observe it.and is like it only affect a leg not both..
thanks for your parental advice and suggestion in advance

Re: Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg by modestofynest(m): 10:17am On May 29, 2016
Today na Sunday what are u waiting oya enter the next available bus to T. B Joshua church abi u no believe wetin God fit do
Re: Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg by Nobody: 10:21am On May 29, 2016
Is there really a corrective measure ? Go to a very good hospital and see a doctor.
Re: Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg by thorpido(m): 10:28am On May 29, 2016
Yes, your daughter is having k-leg known in medical parlance as genu valgus.
Hereditary factor plays a crucial role here.Is any of you(parents)having something similar?
Put your child on calcium supplements and diets that help bone growth like dairy foods,eggs,milk etc.
Your child will also require POP application on that leg to correct the deformity.
Take your child to a teaching hospital near you to see an orthopaedic surgeon.

3 Likes

Re: Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg by roundandbrown: 10:34am On May 29, 2016
modestofynest:
Today na Sunday what are u waiting oya enter the next available bus to T. B Joshua church abi u no believe wetin God fit do

I can see that your case really deserve TB Joshua

1 Like

Re: Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg by roundandbrown: 10:35am On May 29, 2016
thorpido:
Yes, your daughter is having k-leg known in medical parlance as genu valgus.
Hereditary factor plays a crucial role here.Is any of you(parents)having something similar?
Put your child on calcium supplements and diets that help bone growth like dairy foods,eggs,milk etc.
Your child will also require POP application on that leg to correct the deformity.
Take your child to a teaching hospital near you to see an orthopaedic surgeon.

ok cool

1 Like

Re: Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg by Unazzi: 11:04am On May 29, 2016
I suggest a medical advice but I have a personal experience.

My daughter was exactly like this and also on the right leg when she was a year plus but it completely disappeared b4 she turned 2. Shes now 3+ and perfect. We didn't do anything. I think its a function of calcium and vitamin D.

Pls be careful not to hurt that girl with your fear. She is just fine.

1 Like

Re: Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg by JustHere2Observ(f): 11:33am On May 29, 2016
There are braces to help correct such, I don't know if the hospitals in Nigeria have them though. But there is no harm in asking.

1 Like

Re: Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 29, 2016
Take her to a teaching hospital, it's easier corrected when the child is still little...

1 Like

Re: Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg by aperture11: 12:13pm On May 29, 2016
If you decide to go the medical route, it is fine. However, I had K-leg up till around 5years because I remember being taunted with it. My legs had become straight by the time I was 7years. I guess because of the Calcium rich supplements and the likes.
Re: Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg by Cutehector(m): 12:39pm On May 29, 2016
cool
Re: Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg by roundandbrown: 1:10pm On May 29, 2016
Unazzi:
I suggest a medical advice but I have a personal experience.

My daughter was exactly like this and also on the right leg when she was a year plus but it completely disappeared b4 she turned 2. Shes now 3+ and perfect. We didn't do anything. I think its a function of calcium and vitamin D.

Pls be careful not to hurt that girl with your fear. She is just fine.

Ok thanks but she is 2 years already
Re: Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg by hpk(m): 1:49pm On May 29, 2016
If symptoms persist after supplements, learn to deal with it. Knocking knees are cool.
Re: Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg by blank(f): 11:16pm On May 29, 2016
I think a lot of kids have it by 2 years but they eventually outgrow it with the right foods and supplements.
Re: Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg by eyinjuege: 11:22pm On May 29, 2016
It doesn't look so bad. Take her to see an orthopedic surgeon, they will advise you better. Usually, they wait till a certain age before they do anything for bow and k legs
Re: Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg by ADUKKY(f): 8:31am On May 30, 2016
Increase your daughter's calcium intake, give lots of yoghurt, milk and egg. Watch out for changes over a period of 6 months, if there's no considerable chage you can visit a teaching hospital.
Re: Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg by megastu(m): 3:24pm On May 31, 2016
My son's was worse than this until age 4 and its almost disappeared completely. Do not fret, just give balanced diet.
Re: Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg by Nobody: 11:26pm On May 31, 2016
She could be suffering from Rickets.
When I was lil, I had bow legs though the main cause was as a result of my mum constantly carrying me at her back. cheesy
Re: Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg by thorpido(m): 12:59pm On Jun 01, 2016
Vickyydera:
When I was lil, I had bow legs though the main cause was as a result of my mum constantly carrying me at her back. cheesy
Lol,this comment of yours is very unscientific.
Re: Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2016
Vickyydera:

Rickets is caused by vitamin D, calcium or phosphate deficiency
That's why most people on this post recommended food and supplements

OP small amount of early morning sun is cool too
Re: Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg by roundandbrown: 3:48pm On Jun 01, 2016
thanks all for your contribution. I will go for the calcium suggestions and vallance diet.

Am impressed and thanks again the NL family
Re: Pls House: Is There Any Way To Correct My 2 Year Old Girl K Leg by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jun 01, 2016
All kids tend to have bent legs at this age, it usually disappears at 3-5years old. Your kid's looks a bit much though. Maybe you should just see a paediatrician just to make sure it is normal. My guess is it probably is, but better to get it early if there is anything there, before her bones harden fully.

(1) (Reply)

19 Abortions I Have Had. Can God Ever Forgive Me / Want to clear dark spots, sunburn, stretch marks, pimples & tone your skin? / Lord! WHY DO Black People Have So Much Kids For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.