Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,073 members, 7,821,686 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped (28863 Views)

Parmata Abdulkarim Misari Regains Freedom After Being Kidnapped. Photos / 2 Igbo Girls Rescued After Being Kidnapped & Forcefully Converted To Islam (pic) / British Charity Worker Killed In Nigeria After Being Kidnapped, 3 Others Freed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by WAECFlyer1: 4:04pm On May 29, 2016
[img]http://4.bp..com/-Oxh3uFhdcP8/V0sDhjUgJCI/AAAAAAAJUjo/as0aNatiBDMnVpNRXNMyWrXkvKQbuO80ACLcB/s1600/index.jpg[/img]

A consultant orthopaedic surgeon, working with Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LUTH, Dr Thomas Adekoya-Cole was killed this morning in his town near Itele,Ijebu-Ode Ogun state, moments after being abducted from his country home.
He was gruesomely macheted to death.
Dr Cole, 60 in February, was said to have been killed by suspected sympathisers of a native doctor. The native doctor was said to have been killed by ‘area boys’ in Ijebu Ode, Saturday night during a ceremony. The police were called to arrest the suspected assassins, according to sources close to Cole’s Egbe Bobakeye Akile Ijebu.
But this morning, the sympathisers of the native doctor converged at Cole’s home and first of all abducted him. Later he was found with machete wounds and rushed to Amazing Grace Hospital in Ijebu-Ode.
The doctors there battled in vain to save him.
Cole was educated at St Anthony Grammar School, Ijebu-Mushin Ogun state.
He studied medicine at University of Liberia and in 1987 worked as senior registrar University College Hospital, Ibadan.
Dr Cole later in 1990 became a clinical fellow in surgery at Addenbrookes Hospital Cambridge, United Kingdom.
When he returned home, he joined College of Medicine of the University of Lagos Teaching Hospital, LUTH. He was, until his death, a consultant surgeon and lecturer at the College.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2016/05/29/luth-doctor-adekoya-cole-killed-in-ijebu-ode/
Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by WAECFlyer1: 4:05pm On May 29, 2016
Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by Swissheart(f): 4:07pm On May 29, 2016
Nawa oh
Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by donk552(m): 4:24pm On May 29, 2016
Ogun state with bad news

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by branhampaul: 5:03pm On May 29, 2016
The Govt. Better Do Shit About This Kidnapping Of A Thing.. Kidnapping Is So Rampant Everywhere..
Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 29, 2016
eya such an intellect wasted...

6 Likes

Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 29, 2016
What's the meaning of this Nonsense naaaaa
What do we call this.. ?

Someone Who left the shores of AFRICA, travelled wide and studied, can back Home committedly to assist in community development, Got killed by KINSMEN....

TUFIAKWA, blacks.
TUFIAKWA, Africa

20 Likes

Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by sweetval: 5:24pm On May 29, 2016
RIP Doc. Have met him once and I was richly encouraged by him.. cry

8 Likes

Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by GentleYoung(m): 5:25pm On May 29, 2016
So sad
Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by migjossy(f): 5:25pm On May 29, 2016
R. I. P doctor, in a time when the country is already short of good heads we are losing the few remaining

7 Likes

Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by Memory142: 5:25pm On May 29, 2016
pathetic
Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by chukwurah12345(m): 5:26pm On May 29, 2016
RIP
Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by bamikole07(m): 5:27pm On May 29, 2016
God have mercy on us this Nation
Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by Btruth: 5:29pm On May 29, 2016
I still don't understand. He was kidnapped and killed in retaliation for the death of a native doctor.....? A bi mi o ka dada nii?

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by waterhouse071(m): 5:29pm On May 29, 2016
what a loss to the family and country.

1 Like

Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by Safemode(m): 5:31pm On May 29, 2016
rip to him. he looked familiar
Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by toyoC1(f): 5:31pm On May 29, 2016
OMG ,my uncles doc
Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by Akshow: 5:33pm On May 29, 2016
The rate of kidnapping, missing person, killings, ritualistic murders etc is on the high of late o. So so accident, murder and especially missing persons. It's well.
Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by stevecantrell: 5:36pm On May 29, 2016
A nice and friendly teacher used to buy us drinks after consultant ward rounds...may his killers know no peace.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by teemyte: 5:36pm On May 29, 2016
RIP MAN
Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by DrChukzy(m): 5:36pm On May 29, 2016
Hmm na wa o. After spending so many years in medical school and hustled to become a Consultant. may the killers know no peace.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by gbadexy(m): 5:38pm On May 29, 2016
I still don't understand the news.
Is he the godfather of the area boys that killed the native doctor abi what's the connection.

16 Likes

Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by Emary(f): 5:44pm On May 29, 2016
He was my lecturer in school. A very calm, extremely intelligent and dignified man/surgeon. It is so shocking to hear that he died this way. What a waste! RIP, Sir.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by brianromel(m): 5:49pm On May 29, 2016
Emary:
He was my lecturer in school. A very calm, extremely intelligent and dignified man/surgeon. It is so shocking to hear that he died this way. What a waste! RIP, Sir.

Like seriously, had a colleague that met the Late Doc, he and everyone described him as calm and intelligent.

Rest in Peace Doc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by delishpot: 5:52pm On May 29, 2016
Na was o. How is he involved in their native doctor war Na?

1 Like

Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by whirlwind7(m): 5:52pm On May 29, 2016
Nigerian press and their very shoddy reporting.

Just read through this report, trying to find the link between the native doctor, the "suspected sympathizers" of the native doctor, and the surgeon that was murdered. I found none. Absolutely nothing. Such a stewpid and meaningless report!

The entire thing looked like a story strung together by a drunk lunatic.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by Seeeeeeee: 5:54pm On May 29, 2016
Emary:
So are you a Doctor?
Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by oluwagream: 5:59pm On May 29, 2016
Sssad but do you Need a website for your business, business ideas, or services? We
will develop & provide Content-rich, highly functional, firewall protected and very attractive
websites for you in record time. Oya dab 07035288450 and lets talk. Bbm? 592250A6
Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by olaeffect(m): 6:05pm On May 29, 2016
whirlwind7:

Just read through this report, trying to find the link between the native doctor, the "suspected sympathizers" of the native doctor, and the surgeon that was murdered. I found none. Absolutely nothing. Such a stewpid and meaningless report!

Gbam!!!

RIP dear doctor.

1 Like

Re: Thomas Adekoya-Cole, LUTH Doctor Killed In Ogun, Shortly After Being Kidnapped by masqot(m): 6:07pm On May 29, 2016
whirlwind7:

This is high level of unprofessionalism. I've seen this same copy-and-paste report on four blogs/fora and I can't make head or tail of the story.
Anyway, RIP to the dead and may God give his friends, colleagues and family the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Prefer To Live My Life In Prison –murder Suspect (Photo) / 2 Arrested With Human Skull In Oyo / Mob Kills Keke Driver Mistaken For Thief in Bayelsa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.